CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

is there a legit answer to the question about roster change deadlines and such for the rest of the summer?

Rosters are already locked for pro league but there will probably be a period mid PL where teams can make a change like last season though. 

That's because here in the UK we don't get upset over a few rude words.

I tell you what, some of the "prime time" US shows I've seen like Hell's Kitchen (I could only sit through about 15 minutes) the viewer is treated like absolute dogshit.

Coming up on Hell's Kitchen! *insert dramatics music* RAMSAY LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM *cherry picked clips of out of context stuff to make it look dramatic*

Will this person stay, or is the blue team completely lost? *More out of context shit* Let's preview what's coming up before the ad break and waste even more time!

Not only that, but after the ad break they recap what you just fucking saw. Do they think the attention span of the viewer is really that bad? The swear words are censored, the chronological order was mixed up on the episode I watched so you can't even trust what you're watching is in the right order, they just swapped bits around to make it more dramatic. I felt like I was being treated like an ADHD kid. How do they think that people's attention spans and intelligence is really that low? Terrible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just realized...we need belts

And WWE-style hype video packages before big matches.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I tell you what, some of the "prime time" US shows I've seen like Hell's Kitchen (I could only sit through about 15 minutes) the viewer is treated like absolute dogshit.

Coming up on Hell's Kitchen! *insert dramatics music* RAMSAY LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM *cherry picked clips of out of context stuff to make it look dramatic*

Will this person stay, or is the blue team completely lost? *More out of context shit* Let's preview what's coming up before the ad break and waste even more time!

Not only that, but after the ad break they recap what you just fucking saw. Do they think the attention span of the viewer is really that bad? The swear words are censored, the chronological order was mixed up on the episode I watched so you can't even trust what you're watching is in the right order, they just swapped bits around to make it more dramatic. I felt like I was being treated like an ADHD kid. How do they think that people's attention spans and intelligence is really that low? Terrible.

pretty sure the person you're talking to is plenty familiar with gordon ramsay saying shit that would never fly on us airwaves, lol. 

Anyone watch the Melee? Two amazing finals between that and Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Peaked at 74k viewers.

MOTHER'S DAY MANGOAT

• Upvote (+1) 4

Peaked at 74k viewers.

MOTHER'S DAY MANGOAT

Their casters are just unbelievably entertaining.

"Up smash for 18%, that's tip your waitress"

"Hit him with the Rihanna, ELLA ELLA EY EY"

"MOTHER'S DAY MANGO"

• Upvote (+1) 9

Shoutout to Mother's Day Mango. I popped off on stream watching that Grand Finals. Some great esports today.

Discussing/analyzing Daytona if you want to join :)

Drive-by channel promotion. Tch tch.

Is this joke dead yet?

• Upvote (+1) 2

ixG4bmI.gif

The legend just quoted me  :walshy: Don't think I'll ever refresh this page 

Not even gonna lie I'm about to make that actual tab on my browser, that looks convenient as shit

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Melee GFs just had 70k (might have been more) for a 16 year old game with no dev support with a 5k prize pool.

Melee is just one of those once and a lifetime titles.  The community just thrives on the love of the game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Their casters are just unbelievably entertaining.

"Up smash for 18%, that's tip your waitress"

"Hit him with the Rihanna, ELLA ELLA EY EY"

"MOTHER'S DAY MANGO"

That's what I love about Melee casters. They don't act like they're on ESPN/conventional sports casts. Simms is also good at this.

Gameplay was awesome this weekend but not to sound like a broken record, we need better production. Was able to watch all of the final 3 series and oh man! Had me on the edge... just wish you could hear the crowd when some plays were made and then I realized the size of the crowd. Casters are great and gameplay is top tier hype level. Crossing my fingers for Dreamhack to clutch up for us, we are desperate for good production.

Melee GFs just had 70k (might have been more) for a 16 year old game with no dev support with a 5k prize pool.

this gives me hope.

Just got back from Daytona, pretty good event over all.  Venue was great imo, servers were complete trash unfortunately but not much to complain about.

The potential for growth is there once 343 fixes the obvious issues.  The gameplay and story lines alone in Halo will slowly attract an audience just like melee has after the documentary.

And WWE-style hype video packages before big matches.

As long as it ends with a four vs. four Hell in a Cell match.

The problem with Optic now is that they have no "upward movement" in terms of team development. They are x2 World Champs and have been defeated only 3 times on LAN (once as CLG). They have no way of getting better because they already practice harder and smarter than any other team. They have nothing to play for except to maintain their position. That's fine for a while but eventually they will become "stagnant". Meanwhile a team like NV use every failure as a lesson to improve and every win as motivation to keep performing - hence, they have progression and "upward movement" as a team. NV can only get better, for a good while from now. Optic can only get worse.

No upward movement? They just lost a LAN. Upward movement would be winning the next LAN right? Seems pretty simple.

As for what they have to play for, how about what we all do our job for, money.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The potential for growth is there once 343 fixes the obvious issues.  The gameplay and story lines alone in Halo will slowly attract an audience just like melee has after the documentary.

Well... 5 years and still nothing. don't hold your breath. The 2nd statement is so true though. it's why it pains me so much

Not even gonna lie I'm about to make that actual tab on my browser, that looks convenient as shit

There is only life before that tab, & life after it 

• Upvote (+1) 2

this gives me hope.

Just got back from Daytona, pretty good event over all.  Venue was great imo, servers were complete trash unfortunately but not much to complain about.

Glad people had a good experience venue wise this time, but I will say, this is actually a lot to complain about actually lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1