CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That's what every winning team says about online discussions. Unless you're some kind of super stalker, you aren't face to face with me. This conversations lack the nuance of real life. I'm still hyped and have feeling the adrenaline from those matches. I loved it. And so just because I'm trying to figure out the why's doesn't mean I'm salty.

I mean, what do you want us to discuss? What's wrong with talking about what we think happened?

Well the 'all' is clearly hyperbole, and i don't recall anything you've posted, but it's more towards the whole "asterisk" talk. Every team has an excuse, all that matters is who wins, until the next tournament.

Who thought making an alt new account, mass neg repping people then sending in 8+ fake reports to staff could get you banned :intensifies:

You should be banned for having the audacity to prank me like that about my ban! What did I ever do to you man????  :mj:

I fell for that so hard. GG.

snakebite statistically above frosty and lethul

yes, his being sick had zero impact, and people aren't allowed to talk about it.

got it. 

but seriously, time to move along, everybody. 

is there a legit answer to the question about roster change deadlines and such for the rest of the summer?

It'll be interesting to see how OpTic bounces back from this, though. Before Fall Finals, you could tell they weren't really grinding the game as much as they could have. They lost, and then proceeded to play the shit out of Halo 5, which brought them their 2017 Worlds win. After the new settings were revealed, they were having so much fun with the game that they were just doing random 8's. When teams were changing and it was time for scrims, they were scrimming almost every night. Their total time spent in scrims was more than any other pro team. There's really not much more grinding they can do.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Was Royal1 the key?

OpTic not getting camo a single time in that last game definitely had an impact, but that's not something that can be blamed on Clutch really.

qbuQLHZ.png

Forums aren't for everybody, I guess.

dude made it a whole 19 minutes without getting banned lmao

But SOMEHOW Frank is still around #FreeCOoper  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

What a tournament.

-The first New settings competition.

-OS made an incredible run, along with Splyce. Both placed top 6 while EG placed 9-12th. Yet 343 has proleague locked behind an online LCQ that can only fit 10 teams. Get to fixing that please.

-Snakebite (and Lethul since they roomed together i heard) played an incredibly close 14 game series. Hats off to them

-NV won their first event of 2017, proving themselves

-HEAVY AIM PATCH

Cant wait till Dreamhack. LAN Halo is such an amazing experience

• Upvote (+1) 5

It'll be interesting to see how OpTic bounces back from this, though. Before Fall Finals, you could tell they weren't really grinding the game as much as they could have. They lost, and then proceeded to play the shit out of Halo 5, which brought them their 2017 Worlds win. After the new settings were revealed, they were having so much fun with the game that they were just doing random 8's. When teams were changing and it was time for scrims, they were scrimming almost every night. Their total time spent in scrims was more than any other pro team. There's really not much more grinding they can do.

The problem with Optic now is that they have no "upward movement" in terms of team development. They are x2 World Champs and have been defeated only 3 times on LAN (once as CLG). They have no way of getting better because they already practice harder and smarter than any other team. They have nothing to play for except to maintain their position. That's fine for a while but eventually they will become "stagnant". Meanwhile a team like NV use every failure as a lesson to improve and every win as motivation to keep performing - hence, they have progression and "upward movement" as a team. NV can only get better, for a good while from now. Optic can only get worse.

• Downvote (-1) 3

yes, his being sick had zero impact, and people aren't allowed to talk about it.

got it. 

but seriously, time to move along, everybody. 

is there a legit answer to the question about roster change deadlines and such for the rest of the summer?

I just don't agree with this mentality. People say this as if everyone else besides snakebite were at 100%. There are probably dozens of factors that could he hindering any of the 8 players in the GF and just because they don't make it super public before the event doesn't mean it could be true. 

as if snakebite was the only person who could possibly be below 100%

He had the most damage on his team with like half the kills of everyone else. That means he was the one doing all the damage and backing people down. K/D is irrelevant especially in Obj.

It absolutely matters when it's that lopsided. It doesn't matter if he has the most damage if he's fighting irrelevant fights, and no one is in position to finish. It's how ninja gets a lot of damage. He'll force a play, get out of position, and get guys weak in situations his team has no chance of finishing.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Hey everyone, thanks for watching. I know there were a lot of issues and I intend on addressing them. I will issue a statement on here soon but for tonight I'm going to eat, pack and get ready for my flight.

Thanks for watching and what a damn final.

on air talent were all wonderful

thanks!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hey everyone, thanks for watching. I know there were a lot of issues and I intend on addressing them. I will issue a statement on here soon but for tonight I'm going to eat, pack and get ready for my flight.

Great job this weekend, your casting was fun and exciting as ever and as desk host you kept things moving well and were honest about tech issues and explained the situation well which made it all a lot easier to deal with from a viewer perspective.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I will issue a statement on here soon but for tonight I'm going to eat, pack and get ready for my flight.

Giving us the good ol' Frank O'Connor line eh? Nice try  :kappa:

Simms was goat-tier this weekend. He's the only one who will straight up say "holy shit" or "god damn" on stream, I love it.

It's interesting that in a lot of US TV shows I watch, swear words are censored but in UK/Australia they're not at all.

Love you Goldy. You gonna be at RLCS Worlds?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The problem with Optic now is that they have no "upward movement" in terms of team development. They are x2 World Champs and have been defeated only 3 times on LAN (once as CLG). They have no way of getting better because they already practice harder and smarter than any other team. They have nothing to play for except to maintain their position. That's fine for a while but eventually they will become "stagnant". Meanwhile a team like NV use every failure as a lesson to improve and every win as motivation to keep performing - hence, they have progression and "upward movement" as a team. NV can only get better, for a good while from now. Optic can only get worse.

I disagree with them not being able to get better. I keep talking about their Strongholds strategies, but they've evolved so much since Worlds in that aspect, which is incredibly impressive. They can definitely get better in Flag/TS gametypes. They're incredibly fast learners.