CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

deflated balloons

Sorry you had to go through this, bud. Let's have fun in Atlanta  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I left a comment on Twitter, but you can hear the pulse grenade being set/fused and it looks like the last shot from his BR does it - but it does have a 1 - 1.5 second delay

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its going to be lit  :fire:

I really doubt that, Josh Holmes had the balls to communicate with us (even if we disagree with some of us his stuff) and people kept it cool.

even when Timo or Vivi showed up to give that terrible explanation of how e6's roster got accepted, we were falling over ourselves with gratitude. at this point Beyond is way too starved for interaction with anybody official to be overwhelmingly negative. that's, of course, if they actually tried.

that said... at least one person would inevitably flame them and as per tradition, they'd ignore literally every comment to respond condescendingly to that guy

• Upvote (+1) 9

It's really frustrating when literally everyone knows TB is the home of competitive halo except those on r/halo and 343. In my time here, there have been so many big announcements that are posted here with only 1 from 343/ESL (Timo saying why Burbank was used). Even @@INSTINCT announced ALG leaving here. @@Clap , Someone from MLG (a rival competitor not even promoting his company) interacts here more than those in charge of Halo. Just because there may be some negativity here or there doesn't mean they can't interact with us. The last big post from @@Timo was telling us why they 'had to' have HWC at Burbank and that brought the hate down immensely since everyone was angry/annoyed that it was at Burbank. I just want them to acknowledge us and feel like what I'm saying could make a difference, not that I'm posting feedback/improvements for it to got into one ear and out the other.

Rant over

• Upvote (+1) 3

What were the numbers minus Twitter? I imagine the amount of people actually watching was similar to Facebook's stream (which if I remember correctly from when I saw it on Saturday, was nothing but a couple of hundred). So I'm curious to know what the numbers would've been minus twitter. I suspect there would be a massive drop off in viewer count.

71k on twitch roughly 8k on FB during finals
  • Upvote (+1) 1

whenever i pick up a pulse grenade i actually feel safe. i feel like i just picked up a free kill. there should be no such thing as a free kill in competitive play. that being said, the pulse grenade does allow some interesting defensive plays. especially on CTF.

You know it's bad when his team made 200k and he's publicly saying stuff like this

mad respect @@Mikwen

thanks for the write up @@Moa, it was nice getting a first hand pov of what the event was like, i'm glad you got to see the main stage

• Upvote (+1) 6

Maybe people wouldn't get so agitated and cross the line if 343 and ESL actually addressed issues in a timely manner. The fiasco last weekend and the forums reaction is on them. They don't ever address anything until they have no choice and even then it's half assed.

That's also 100% true. If they didn't allow the situation to spiral out of control to begin with and actually fixed things they wouldn't get hit with a quarter of the negativity around here. I mean if esports as a whole laughing at them doesn't tip them off that something probably needs to change idk what will. How long can they brush everything off as if its just twitter trolls that don't really care?

The communities actions/attitude/atmosphere are often in response to those in charge actions (or inaction) and changes accordingly.

If 343 is serious about feedback/making amends they could just create a thread here and ask for feedback. Like something like "Lets talk __" or "What do you think about ___" or "We would like to __ with __, what are your thoughts". And just go through that feedback and have a dialogue.

If they did it right and were genuine it'd go really far within the community. First one might be a little rocky, but it'd quickly improve.

I see 343 created their own "Ministry of Truth"

We had 400 million unique visitors loving the show!!!

Guys MLG isn't perfect. They dropped us in 2012 and ESL is here, today, putting on huge tournaments with huge payouts for our pro scene. Honestly we should be beyond grateful that they're doing so much for us. I'd choose ESL/343 over MLG/Bungie any day of the week and it isn't close.

It was worth a shot right? Adam top 1 TO bring back MLG!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Didn't Ghost make a comment about our forums saying sarcastically "we have to hold them accountable" on the stream last weekend?

He meant he had to hold whoever was casting with him accountable to shout out all the communities. Whoever it was that was giving out shout outs didn't mention r/halo

Sometimes you have to talk to your most vocal (and sorry guys but sometimes annoying/rude) constituency in order to truly affect sentiment. You should have seen me on the CSGO Reddit when I was trying to advertise Xgames, our CEVO tournaments, and the Major. It was awful as they blamed us for killing Gotfrag. However, I would say that today, that community appreciates us for our transparent and collaborative approach.

That said, if they do start posting here, be honest but be measured. Things won't repair over night but don't incinerate a bridge if they're willing to talk.

It seems like 343 thinks that if they ignore things they don't like, those problems will just go away. An employee has posted here like 10-20 times in the last year? This is one of, if not the, most active Halo community there is too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Shooter who cares. Didn't decide the game.

Ever thought that people were simply curious for why that random death occurred in the first place? It may have not been obvious to the people watching it live and trying to catch that little detail.

Also my first tournament was prior to MLG. I rented out a hotel ballroom in Wheeling, WV in 2003 with my own non existent money as a 22 year old, borrowed 20 mismatching CRTs from family and friends, had a friend make a website, and ran 'Ohio Valley Shoot Out'. No pre registration, no expectations, just a way to find more people to compete against in Halo CE. I ended up giving away $2,000 in prize money and saw a young Xena, Puckett, Gandhi, JMB, Grasshopper, and XXX attend. 

I love Halo, its never been just a check for me.

Personally, how do you feel about H5 as a game?  Do you like it/dislike it?  Where does it rank among all the previous Halos?

@@Shooter who cares. Didn't decide the game.

You serious? In Halo 5 literally one play can make a huge difference and it's stupid that shit like that happens when hundreds of thousands of dollars are on the line.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys MLG isn't perfect. They dropped us in 2012 and ESL is here, today, putting on huge tournaments with huge payouts for our pro scene. Honestly we should be beyond grateful that they're doing so much for us. I'd choose ESL/343 over MLG/Bungie any day of the week and it isn't close.

It was worth a shot right? Adam top 1 TO bring back MLG!

See this?  :kappa:

This is Kappa, and he LOVES sarcasm. Use him accordingly, please.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also my first tournament was prior to MLG. I rented out a hotel ballroom in Wheeling, WV in 2003 with my own non existent money as a 22 year old, borrowed 20 mismatching CRTs from family and friends, had a friend make a website, and ran 'Ohio Valley Shoot Out'. No pre registration, no expectations, just a way to find more people to compete against in Halo CE. I ended up giving away $2,000 in prize money and saw a young Xena, Puckett, Gandhi, JMB, Grasshopper, and XXX attend. 

I love Halo, its never been just a check for me.

Same here. My first tournament was a event that Virginia Tech had during the halo 2 days. It was when shockwave still went/lived there. Im from the area and saw people such as ghandi, shockwave, and karma. I miss being able to have local places like this throw tournaments and just going and playing. To me, tournaments are about showing whos the best and who is all talk. With the past halos i grinded GRINDED to be the best that i could and with halo 5 i can barley play for an hour because of settings and maps. If i go to another event and h5 is being played its to see old friends, not play because the heart just isnt there anymore. If MLG picked us back up, let us test new game types, and just gave a better experience you can bet your ass id be grinding and wanting to play again. Until then, ill just sit in the corner and play h2 on mcc even if it takes 7982309234092834 years to find one match.

We are 3 days removed from a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP and instead of focusing on what a great tournament we had, we are still trashing 343. What a sad state of affairs. These things are definitely issues, but they are things that are fixable. PLEASE COMMUNICATE WITH US. We only become worse when you stay radio silent. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

3CNkvyQ.gif

We are 3 days removed from a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP and instead of focusing on what a great tournament we had, we are still trashing 343. What a sad state of affairs. These things are definitely issues, but they are things that are fixable. PLEASE COMMUNICATE WITH US. We only become worse when you stay radio silent. 

I'm guessing Frankie wiped his hands clean after posting on reddit, and high-fived the nearest co-worker before calling it a day at the office. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know it's bad when his team made 200k and he's publicly saying stuff like this

so glad @@Mikwen and the boys on NV are saying what needs to be said.

100% behind this 

• Upvote (+1) 9

We only become worse when you stay radio silent. 

Maybe this is the plan