CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Why does everyone hate Frank? I think he makes real and informative posts for the Halo Competitive Community. 

Frank is the wikileaks of Halo but with attitude. He's hilarious if you agree, and tasteless if you don't. Either way, objectively good for the scene IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

17-19k is what a whole slew of tournaments get for games like Smash, Streetfighter, Rocket League, etc.

It's like everyone just wants to hit a magic button make us tier 1 because we used to be one of the top eSports. Fact of the matter is, we are an underdog now. Console specific (major ding), franchise series took a different, negative turn (major ding), our population HAS to be low (no one plays, no one watches), etc.

I think it shows the game's potential that we still hit these numbers with horrid production and events.

Nah dude Halo5 deserves CSGO viewership while having 1/100 of its player base.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I hope it finishes before Silicon Valley..

I do have to watch American Gods  tho.... RIP me.

Anyone have any idea how many people are watching the Grand Finals at the venue in Daytona? 

Anyone have any idea how many people are watching the Grand Finals at the venue in Daytona?

50-100 if I had to guess from what crowd shot we got earlier.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Don't forget to add the Beam viewers. I opened it a couple times earlier when twitch was being problematic. Had 400-600 viewers then, would imagine more now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can also use Twinge.tv to great effect. I don't know the exact margin of error, but it's pretty low. I use it for event analysis/projection.

seems pretty accurate, the best way to get the highest peak number is to watch the stream directly cause these services only record the viewers every 15 minutes or so

i usually use https://sullygnome.com/

It's the most unbalanced Slayer in the rotation and I have no idea why it's being used for Game 5s or 7s.

You risk your life going for a carbine or DMR in most situations because catwalk is heavily pressured.

At least Eden and Regret have OS to fight for. I miss two-man Sniper fights so much.

Accidental neg :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think Royal 2 should have been photoshoped on Pippen instead of LethuL. Also, Royal 2 is starting to become my event MVP more and more after each match. He has been on fire all weekend long.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think Royal 2 should have been photoshoped on Pippen instead of LethuL. Also, Royal 2 is starting to become my event MVP more and more after each match. He has been on fire all weekend long.

Lets be real, he's been on fire since the game was released. I haven't seen him have one bad event.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't forget to add the Beam viewers. I opened it a couple times earlier when twitch was being problematic. Had 400-600 viewers then, would imagine more now.

aye nice we can add a whole 92 people to our view count! (seriously)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have never seen more players run into each other since the new update, I don't understand how it makes sense but I swear players just end up bumping into each other so much more now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

17-19k is what a whole slew of tournaments get for games like Smash, Streetfighter, Rocket League, etc.

It's like everyone just wants to hit a magic button make us tier 1 because we used to be one of the top eSports. Fact of the matter is, we are an underdog now. Console specific (major ding), franchise series took a different, negative turn (major ding), our population HAS to be low (no one plays, no one watches), etc.

I think it shows the game's potential that we still hit these numbers with horrid production and events.

Seeing how many viewers we have had for past events...17k is not good. Even ugc stl had double this with just as bad of production.

But lets be real here. This event was the chance to make up from the worlds fiasco. If this is their improvement, how will this scene survive another year. I hope dreamhack pulls all control from 343s hands production wise because we need them to see how well a competent halo tourney can do

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have never seen more players run into each other since the new update, I don't understand how it makes sense but I swear players just end up bumping into each other so much more now.

Well with a FOV so small and no radar is pretty easy.