CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

8k viewers for an optic match on champ sunday

this is pathetic. No more P5/Millenial/UGC/UMG/ESA. Please.

Halo 5 is a dead rubber at this point. We need to wait until Halo 6 for any growth at this point. Sad but true. 

When Halo 6 does come out, there needs to be a World championship and Open LAN system through MLG to have ANY hope of future growth. 

HCS are doing, and have done, everything wrong.... they had such a good release, we were peaking at about 45k for our events up to the HWC and then after that everything got butchered. I've seen better production on a fucking school project. It's disgraceful. I've never seen a more incompetent and ignorant company than 343. The HCS team have been abysmal. It's harsh but true. Theyre nice guys (?), that is fine.. but they are not up to their jobs. SO many passionate Halo fans that would kill for the job (Moses, etc) but 343 go and hire people with NO experience with Halo and what the history is like and what the fans want (MLG), and another thing worth noting is that they are not Halo fans, they are usually people that worked on other games such as Hearthstone (...).

The past 3 events have been rubbish in different departments, but watchable with areas to improve. That is not the problem. The problem lies in the fact that our events are getting worse and worse.

Fast forward to the 12th of May, 2016...

This event production has been unacceptable, like the worst yet, and that is seen in the shit viewership. WHY are our events getting WORSE? 

I for one will be boycotting the HCS until we see some major changes

#343bola

Edit: the production just blew my speakers. NO FUCKING JOKE.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Why is this place so dead? I excepted to come back to at least more than two new pages during WB Finals. Has the production this weekend really driven people away from watching?

I pretty much have lost nearly all interest in this event personally. It's not really relevant to anything and the production has really taken the wind out of my sails. I just turned it off after that ear shattering scream.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Jesus fucking Christ those prices are ridiculous.

I paid $30 to compete in Brawl at MLG Orlando.

$50 to play a mismanaged FFA?

The dude above who got screwed better have gotten his money back.

The last Halo tournament I was at, I was given a controller worth more than the price of the ticket.

Guess who the organizer of this tournament was.

Halo 5 is a dead rubber at this point. We need to wait until Halo 6 for any growth at this point. Sad but true. 

nah we can build good momentum with good events at the end of H5 leading into H6. Look at IW leading into WW2. It's possible we just need MLG

• Upvote (+1) 2

Bad production but the pro team make it worth watching. I fucking love to watch world class Halo. It deserves the best production available (MLG of course).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Edit NM found it.

25 is discounted rate if you already own a team pass. So yeah, they double dip

Is it $50 to enter if you already own a spectator pass?

Is FFA single elimination?

Do you get in free if you have a team pass already?

1.)  Yes

2.)  No.  If you didn't get 1st, you get up and get back in line.  Once you get 8 wins, you auto-qualified for FFA Quarterfinals.  No points for 2nd-6th.

3.)  No.  25$ per competitor if on a team.

Why is this place so dead? I excepted to come back to at least more than two new pages during WB Finals. Has the production this weekend really driven people away from watching?

Mediocre game + awful production = hype?

So another delay?

I love how we always have momentum crushing moments in these tournaments due to production issues.