CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

When I've tried tagging you before Adam, I would tag @@Clap and have to delete it and post MrMLGAdam instead. I was just getting used it it!

It's nostalgic to see your old name and old avatar. That good old ban hammer... Right where it says old school it should have your MLG join date. I kinda forget what it said but it was like 09/2002 or something right?

Will Huke switch to Cod?

How many people actually watched worlds?

What kind of food trucks were at worlds?

Will we finally figure out who is Optic 9 inch?

Find tonight at 6pm PST on Maddow hosted by guest stars Frank the Show & NavG

(Apologies to the east coast viewers who can't figure out what 6+3 is)

• Upvote (+1) 9

Also my first tournament was prior to MLG. I rented out a hotel ballroom in Wheeling, WV in 2003 with my own non existent money as a 22 year old, borrowed 20 mismatching CRTs from family and friends, had a friend make a website, and ran 'Ohio Valley Shoot Out'. No pre registration, no expectations, just a way to find more people to compete against in Halo CE. I ended up giving away $2,000 in prize money and saw a young Xena, Puckett, Gandhi, JMB, Grasshopper, and XXX attend. 

I love Halo, its never been just a check for me.

Halo is something special.

When Halo CE released I was a kid, though a freak at the game(I'm so bad at Halo now) my cousins introduced me to it, you all have to keep in mind Xbox was not even close to popular in Germany during that time, almost none of my friends had it. 

My cousins and some friends of them always lanned the game with me, once we went to a fairly big LAN here in the North of Germany, it went for couple of days, mainly pc dudes who played CS 1.6, we all had our Xboxs with us and Halo CE, we set up our stuff and suddenly one we didn't know shouted "Guys!! These dudes over here have Halo!!!"  suddenly a huge crowd was around us, we held a little tournament at that LAN..

Halo can be fantastic

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also my first tournament was prior to MLG. I rented out a hotel ballroom in Wheeling, WV in 2003 with my own non existent money as a 22 year old, borrowed 20 mismatching CRTs from family and friends, had a friend make a website, and ran 'Ohio Valley Shoot Out'. No pre registration, no expectations, just a way to find more people to compete against in Halo CE. I ended up giving away $2,000 in prize money and saw a young Xena, Puckett, Gandhi, JMB, Grasshopper, and XXX attend. 

I love Halo, its never been just a check for me.

I really hope 343 opens their eyes and sees the passion you and the employees at MLG have for Halo and let you all start running events. Columbus events would be so good from a spectators pov as they were previously. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am pretty sure 343 and Esl are pretty much done trying to say anything here on Beyond at this point.

Not trying to take sides or put blame on anyone, but things here just went too far.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I am pretty sure 343 and Esl are pretty much done trying to say anything here on Beyond at this point.

Not trying to take sides or put blame on anyone, but things here just went too far.

TBH things have not gone far enough. Halo deserves better than 343.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Too far as in what? I'd actually like to see some examples of some of us who "went too far."

• Upvote (+1) 1

Think it's been over 2 years since I've been here properly and it pains me to see that there is still so little progress. I almost didn't believe what I saw on Twitter. You lot are some brave fuckers to be continuing to try and make this work. 

Edit: Wow. "343 Gets It" - 2013. I hate to say I told you so.

lol

• Upvote (+1) 4

Too far as in what? I'd actually like to see some examples of some of us who "went too far."

Speaking your mind to an egocentric conglomerate is a pretty deadly sin in 2017 apparently. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's like there's been a memo passed around to avoid this forum. Even @@Elamite only posted to defend himself, quite rightly, but not a peep since.

@@Tashi @@Timo

Elamite has been barred from communicating with me in the same way that both Bravo and Tashi have.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What depresses me is I had long conversation with Tashi when I was competing at Vegas and I told him to interact on the Beyond forums as it was the home of competitive Halo. Yet nope still nothing.

At least HCS follows me on Twitter now. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

You'll be waiting awhile. I don't even email anymore. If stats get publicly released, I do HCSStats for them. If not, I'm not wasting my breath.

D1ZguGO.png

I've heard the horror stories from @@Saucey also, props for you guys trying.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What depresses me is I had long conversation with Tashi when I was competing at Vegas and I told him to interact on the Beyond forums as it was the home of competitive Halo. Yet nope still nothing.

At least HCS follows me on Twitter now. :kappa:

THEY'RE AFRAID OF THE FORUMS.

• Upvote (+1) 3