CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You're a fucking mouthbreathing shitbird.

Halo 5 is a good game, especially with updated settings. It may play differently from Halo 2 and 3, but there is enough the same to satisfy me. The game itself is good.

Hey now, chill with those hurtful words.

• Upvote (+1) 5

REMINDER:

If Optic wins, SnakeBite is the Michael Jordan of Halo and they're all-time GOATs

If NV wins, it's asterisked because SnakeBite is sick.

I disagree with the assumption that Snakebite is the best member on OG; you can't beat Optic without shutting down Royal 2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's cementing his status as Michael Jordan of Halo with this performance.

Did 2gre ever have a "flu game"?

Well I'm glad these two had a match on LAN so that if Splyce wins the LCQ, there's not that lingering question of "would Oxy have won on LAN?"

But if Oxy wins LCQ watch out

Hey now, chill with those hurtful words.

Looks like we got another mouthbreathing shitbird over here.

please don't ban me

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really hope Oxygen doesn't split or have players poached. They just ran out of steam at the end. Plus having to play series back to back in Winners & Losers is never a great momentum start...

So Splyce is top 4 and EG got outplaced by an amateur team 2/4 of my predictions for this even are correct so far now I just gotta hope my 3rd one is wrong. 

ITT: we build competitive EG rosters within the rules

Roy, Falcated, Contra, Ryanoob

Well I'm glad these two had a match on LAN so that if Splyce wins the LCQ, there's not that lingering question of "would Oxy have won on LAN?"

I don't really care about LCQ being online given that Pro League is as well, and finals is an open event now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I disagree with the assumption that Snakebite is the best member on OG; you can't beat Optic without shutting down Royal 2.

Snakebite is the best player in the game and its not even close.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I went to the CoD event in Columbus today, MLG's studio is super nice and their production quality is awesome. I sat there and realized that Halo could have that if 343 would get their head out of their ass and realize how they are ruining the games reputation by picking other TO's.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The mere fact that the second placement cup last Sunday wasn't the LCQ is just a disappointment. It's a damn shame that Splyce have to prove themselves again in yet another online qualifier.

• Upvote (+1) 1

100% serious, what do we need to do/who do we need to kidnap or blackmail to get Simms running this shit? He could do so many MORE positive things for Halo in general if he had more authority. We have seen enough of the corporate bullshit running HCS. Time to get us some passion.  :simms:

ITT: we build competitive EG rosters within the rules

Roy, Falcated, Contra, Ryanoob

Lunchbox was the best player on the team today...  Roy laid some eggs.

what are the rules btw? are they allowed any team changes until the PL transfer period?

Lunchbox was the best player on the team today...  Roy laid some eggs.

what are the rules btw? are they allowed any team changes until the PL transfer period?

Will there even be a transfer period in a 4 week season where everyone only plays eachother once?

• Downvote (-1) 1

Only thing for me is that MLG is super busy especially with the upcoming Overwatch league and if Destiny has comp events. 

Gfinity has always been good with Halo and is a world class TO. Wouldn't mind them. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

jsA4KtB.jpg

i know he's bad at production, but HE'S SUCH A GOOD BOY!!

thats one helluva dog

Only thing for me is that MLG is super busy especially with the upcoming Overwatch league and if Destiny has comp events. 

Gfinity has always been good with Halo and is a world class TO. Wouldn't mind them. 

This. However, they only do EU.

100% serious, what do we need to do/who do we need to kidnap or blackmail to get Simms running this shit? He could do so many MORE positive things for Halo in general if he had more authority. We have seen enough of the corporate bullshit running HCS. Time to get us some passion.  :simms:

Seriously, it feels like they are trying so hard to run this thing like a traditional business.  Like they are selling a product at walmart.  It feels like they keep going with discount TO's so that when they sell their product they make the most profit.  They are looking at it like CEOs that only care about their next quarterly report instead of paying attention to the long game.

The problem is they aren't selling a "thing".  They are selling an experience. And that experience has to grab people and pull them in.  I'm not still watching this shit because of any of the experiences that have been provided during Halo 5s lifespan.  I'm still watching because back in 2006 I got 3rd rounded at an MLG Halo 2 tournament in NY and had a total blast.  When you watch streams of MLG events today that feeling is palpable in the goddamn video stream.  Halo 5 has not pulled that off other than maybe X games (im reaching still).  Some amazing gameplay has been overshadowed by such inane bullshit they should be embarrassed and need to do better.

Edit:  And i dont want another fucking apology.  I dont want to hear 'we are going to do better'.  If thats the only message they have to tell, then just dont say anything at all.  It would be insulting to say that yet again. Don't tell me, show me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lunchbox was the best player on the team today... Roy laid some eggs.

Considering pro league starts in 11 days, I'd be surprised if rosters weren't locked already until there is a PL transfer period (if there even is one this season).
  • Upvote (+1) 1