CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Instead of having a wbrd2 series wait to show on stream, they'd rather show a lb Rd 1 match lmao

I feel as though they are soo incredibly scared of championship monday that they are doing anything to ensure that does not happen this event... we have missed so many great matches so far this event

Whoever picks this god awful Halo content should be ashamed, guitars and social slayer? REALLY

So much good stuff out there for Halo and you guys pick the elevator music of content.

Tbh

This is the least of our problems. I'd trade content for a working event.

Or a working game for that matter

So we're going to go another tournament with no Splyce vs Cratos? Unless they both make Losers semis? Yet Splyce and Liquid have played three times already this tournament, and potentially could meet again in the Losers bracket. Something seems a little off here.

Cratos and ronin faced splyce this event in pool play friday.

http://umgevents.challonge.com/hcsdaytonagroups

I think limiting the damage of this production to one stream is enough for this event. Also considering the viewership for this event so far a second stream would never pull in the viewers required to make the cost worth it.

i'm clueless about this

how expensive is it to stream a screen(s) with spectator mode and game sound on?

all that i'd ask for. 

i'm clueless about this

how expensive is it to stream a screen(s) with spectator mode and game sound on?

all that i'd ask for.

Have to have 1-3 people on it at all times, plus equipment too. I want a 2nd stream but I can't justify it right now with our viewership sadly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Shooter lost a lot of fights that he had no business losing...

Shooter for Eco during exchange period.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Why are you guys arguing about whether the forum is "toxic". Shit is sideways, focus on that. We used to get annihilated when we fucked up (and we did have fuck ups). Feelings/sensitivity should not inhibit brutally honest feedback. You guys want improvement not destruction of something you cherish

Perspective. Annndddddd I'm out before the flurry of biased post comments roll in

Because some people are now conditioned to believe criticism is somehow inherently a negative thing. If you say something bad about the game, they ask why do you play, go back to H2, some of us like it. If you criticize the most poorly run eSports league for console gaming right now, you get people say, blame the TO's, they'll improve next time, don't be so harsh. We are seeing event after event after event of mediocrity, poor decisions. Sometimes even the pros jump on the fans saying that people are not supporting etc. It is like why should we support this time after time. You deserve better, our casters deserve better, the fans deserve better.

On the plus side cod only has about 1,300 more viewers right now AND OpTic is currently playing.

First time hosting a desk at a live event, hope it wasnt too bad - Feedback appreciated :)

You need to say mad decent and it'll be 100% improved :P 

ACtually you did great! It's not as easy as some surmise. 

On the plus side cod only has about 1,300 more viewers right now AND OpTic is currently playing.

20k+ viewers on MLG.tv

• Upvote (+1) 3

OG vs TL and nV vs OS better not be on a fucking side station.

Why would they show nV vs an Am team?  They need to put TL on stream for the 5th time.   :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't celebrate shit like that, we want console eSports to be taken seriously - plus like Infinity said there are a lot more on MLG.TV.

lol

give it time

Have to have 1-3 people on it at all times, plus equipment too. I want a 2nd stream but I can't justify it right now with our viewership sadly.

why more than 1 person?

what extra equipment would they have to run out and buy?

i'm not being a jerk here, just trying to understand how setting up a stream with one person's POV and game sound is in any way resource-intensive. 

I just got home from work and turned on the stream. I still hear the buzzz sound and the quality is terrible. Fuck this shit I'm gonna go play Mario Kart.

why more than 1 person?

what extra equipment would they have to run out and buy?

i'm not being a jerk here, just trying to understand how setting up a stream with one person's POV and game sound is in any way resource-intensive.

Really depends on the TO and their setup. I mean they could honestly just use an Elgato and OBS and do it on a side station - but a lot of TO have people for graphics, audio, etc with serious tech behind it to improve the stream. Most TO want their product to look good too and wouldn't want to "half ass it".
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm beginning to lose hope in EG as a long time RoyBox fan. I wanted RoyBox and Contra to pick up Ryanoob after the 3 of them played amazing together and just couldn't carry old man 2gre, but RoyBox and manager of the year Towey decide to drop fucking Contra. I can't argue with the Naded pickup over Ryanoob as that could go either way, but dropping Contra for Falcated? Give me a break.

So happy to see Contra and Ryanoob perform well.

• Upvote (+1) 8