CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Remember the 'promise' of better venues for the Summer season. Lets see if they keep their prom

Well we have Dreamhack Atlanta

• Upvote (+1) 2

They are really going all in on those corner of the page auto playing video stats huh.

Anyone have the twitch & fb stats for the weekend?

]

During the finals, 71k twitch and around 8k on fb
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Nearly double the uniques of our Csgo major that peaked at 1.67 million peak current and had 47,000,000 hours consumed. What?

343 Industries is no stranger to alternative facts.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Nearly double the uniques of our Csgo major that peaked at 1.67 million peak current and had 47,000,000 hours consumed. What?

Pop up videos on twitter are a hell of a drug.

I don't see MLG, this is a legitimate concern. 

I think the contract w/ ESL is up at the end of this year.

Some posters and community members felt that 3 people working at ESL shouldn't be able to have a team (Str8 Rippin) within ESL own Halo league and thought it would be an issue. @@FrankTheShow went ham about it, and it caught fire even though it was mentioned by others before. The staff at the HCS later came out with this article about the situation and the ever-changing rulebook that's become a meme. I'm not sure what went on with @@FrankTheShow and @@Elamite, wasn't really around for what went on.

TLDR: Some people think there's drama, some like drama and some don't care.

I mean...If Hannibal Buress hadn't have added his bit about the Bill Cosby rape stories in his Comedy shows, they probably wouldn't have looked much further into it. But more came to light after the fact. 

Just a comparison to the Frank bit  :lxthul:.

Drama aside, at least it lit a fire for ESL to look at their own rule book and make a change. 

That Frankie post is just more of the same measured response shit that we get every time they fuck up, and I'm honestly pretty sick of it. I almost, almost, would rather them just not respond if all they're gonna say is "we'll do better, pinky promise".

I just posted on the thread myself, and why I don't expect to get a response, 13 million is a pretty big number to come up with.

I'm assuming that every person using Twitter at that time that interacted with the stream video counted as one viewer.

• Upvote (+1) 4

There's no leadership at 343i, no one is ever accounted for their actions it seems. If MCC and the MOST embarrassing esports event won't do it then there's no hope with these people. Any other career or profession would have been shuttered by now.

This whole franchise reminds of Dexter, I'm not watching for the story but to see how much further it can get tarnished at this point. It's pure entertainment.

4fed247ac33ce8a16cdf86fa0e6ef6d1.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

13 million viewers but only managed to have a concurrent count of 1%. Yeah those numbers don't matter. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

From the article...

"In addition, more than 13 million unique viewers tuned in over the weekend to see competitive Halo played at the highest level across digital platforms. 10.3 million of these unique viewers watched the competition live on Twitter—a first time streaming destination for Halo esports.*"

"*Unique viewers stat does not de-dupe per day."

So really 3 million.

• Upvote (+1) 8

From the article...

"In addition, more than 13 million unique viewers tuned in over the weekend to see competitive Halo played at the highest level across digital platforms. 10.3 million of these unique viewers watched the competition live on Twitter—a first time streaming destination for Halo esports.*"

"*Unique viewers stat does not de-dupe per day."

So really 3 million.

I would classify a twitter viewer as someone who actually expanded the video, and un muted the sound to tune in. 

If they counted the auto playing, muted, mini player, automatically on each page - that isnt legit. 

Doubt they will ever disclose though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would classify a twitter viewer as someone who actually expanded the video, and un muted the sound to tune in.

If they counted the auto playing, muted, mini player, automatically on each page - that isnt legit.

It's like saying 7 million people watched an Iron Gaming event because that's the number of people who drove past their billboard.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Seen someone say the venue looked great lol

The girl from Mexico and fans of the East Coast posters here were just cherry picking their bad experience :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 5

This is pretty much what I was asking. I would like to think they would have had to have watch for a set amount of time before it counted.