CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

We will look back at 2017 as the year Halo missed out on going back to MLG, as they continue to grow, even gears is selling more competitor passes than us.

Overwatch and MLG gonna boom.

This is a mess, I actually feel sorry for the casting team, no one should be having a dig about there performance while they have this much problems.

On the brightside the Halo being played was amazing but so many distractions really devalued all that, looking forward to seeing an open bracket team make a run for top 8.

So I watched it all. Read through the thread. Fuck this. Whoever is running this stream doesn't just make mistakes that need to be worked on. Literally everything about the stream is trash. I feel bad for the players and the couple of casters that actually have their jobs because they're actually good at it (you know who you are). There are plenty of talented individuals who can actually form a coherent sentence on stream and I have no idea why we have a couple of people taking jobs away from them on the caster desk. I would suck at casting too but the difference is I'm not trying to sit on stream and fuck with everyone at every event and the worst part is that isn't even the main issue. We're used to having a couple of duds that have the job for no apparent reason at each event. We've gone for years and its just as bad or worse every single event production wise. I understand Halo is in low demand and expectations should be kept to a minimum but there's a difference between low budget quality and simply not doing better because almost nobody cares. If they can afford MLG please do. Trying to get the guys from the local highschool to run a stream would probably run about as well as what we get atm.

• Upvote (+1) 6

If they ran 200k cables at 5 per minute, it comes up to 666 hours to complete the task.

tenor.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

I hate that literally every event has these issues. 

I hate that every time this happens, we get a post from Proverb or Tashi or Timo saying that there are problems, but that they've heard nothing but good things from people at the event.

They even said this at HWC2 when basically everyone at the event was complaining.

STOP trying to save face and fucking own up to the mistakes being made.

I swear it's 343 philosophy to see the positive in ANYTHING, but it's detrimental because they aren't afraid of failure, and they never learn? 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Anyone see the snipepunch medal? Never saw that before.

The stream quality is bad. It definitely isn't hd.

Ninja does not value his life enough. At all.

Still, I think there could be more upsets based off of pool play. Splyce slaying is scary

Don't sleep on clouds team.

343 is the common denominator behind all these non ESL shit shows. Last year's ugc was great, and had 3 separate streams, and I believe proverb was running that so I'm not gonna blame him for this nonsense.

Umgs Atlantic City gears tourney had no issues with production, so I'm supposed to believe they went to shit in couple of.months just for halo? Come on now

Whats with the dramatic map intros? Like someone blowing into a mic

It sounds like a horror movie lol

Walshy doesnt know about thee sens to be using :walshy:

In before heavy aim fix is whats breaking the audio

Shame on simms for not telling him the difference between 1 sens, and 1-5-5

Also shame on simms for saying trippey got the boot from lg, when he left on his own.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Umgs Atlantic City gears tourney had no issues with production, so I'm supposed to believe they went to shit in couple of.months just for halo? Come on now

UGC did gears AC btw

UGC >>>>>> UMG

• Upvote (+1) 2

The stream quality is bad. It definitely isn't hd.

Just have Internet so bad you can't watch streams on anything higher than low quality. I have 1 less problem with the stream than the rest of you guys because of it

UGC did gears AC btw

UGC >>>>>> UMG

Then was it CoD? I remember a umg not too long ago that didn't have any of these problems

FYI, they did update the bracket. So Str8 is 3rd seed and Splye is 4th seed now.

Which means, all the 2nd round matchups are the same as the as the round 1 pools matchups.

The only thing different is that Splyce is red and Liquid is blue!

Glad we watched an entire day of Halo to get that sorted out.

http://umgevents.challonge.com/HCSDaytonaChamp

• Upvote (+1) 5

FYI, they did update the bracket. So Str8 is 3rd seed and Splye is 4th seed now.

Which means, all the 2nd round matchups are the same as the as the round 1 pools matchups.

The only thing different is that Splyce is red and Liquid is blue!

Glad we watched an entire day of Halo to get that sorted out.

http://umgevents.challonge.com/HCSDaytonaChamp

Is that just the way it worked out based on results? Or is it bad format?

Is that just the way it worked out based on results? Or is it bad format?

Bad format.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well I went to bed too early..

200k cables meme though >

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bad format.

What's crazy is that this bad format is actually the best format we've had yet in H5...

I just don't understand why they can't do this correctly... it IS actually very simple.

To quote one of my earlier posts (that got thrashed):

Budget TOs, budget results.

If I was Tashi I'd be asking for a refund for Friday.

I think the HCS team's goal is to ruin Halo's reputation in esports.

Unfortunately, it feels exactly like that.

I think the HCS team's goal is to ruin Halo's reputation in esports. 

i disagree, we are so close to having an amazing esport

it's just a lot of small things collectively holding us back

• Upvote (+1) 2

If I was Tashi I'd be asking for a refund for Friday.

But they picked them? This all falls on HCS and their team. If they can't do research and this is like the 3rd or 4th TO having is issues you start to wonder who's really at fault. I hate to dogpile, but I haven't had faith in this team in sometime and they continue to flounder progress for this community.

• Upvote (+1) 2