CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Stop hiring Proverb and his brother to do production.

This is at-least the 3rd time they have bungled an event I have tried to watch. Everyone passes the buck, pretending it is nobodies fault and it is so unbelievably unprofessional.

I am sure they are *nice guyz* or whatever the hell, but I dont give a damn. Do a good job.

343 Industries doesn't want to pay the money for people who will do a good job.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Stop hiring Proverb and his brother to do production. 

This is at-least the 3rd time they have bungled an event I have tried to watch. Everyone passes the buck, pretending it is nobodies fault and it is so unbelievably unprofessional. 

I am sure they are *nice guyz* or whatever the hell, but I dont give a damn. Do a good job.

The only common denominator I'm aware of between all these shanty events is the HCS staff at 343 and these guys on production.

I wish we knew more about the staff from these TOs, and the people who are being brought back on for each event. I don't see why any businessman would make the decision to rehire people who were involved with previous mishaps.

ESL does a good job of crediting the people who do good work and keeping people accountable, but these LAN events are just all over the place.

Round 1 winner's matchups (Unless they end up switching Splyce and Str8)

cKn1x4Z.png

Round 1 Matchups to watch:

- EG vs eRa: Commonly, Prototype, BxbyJ, and Randa could send EG to loser's very early.

- Ronin vs Wise: Another dangerous team of Cloud, Juziro, Articc, and Tizoxic could send Ronin to loser's early.

- Luminosity vs Oxygen Supremacy: Ryanoob and Contra's team. Definite upset potential, even over a team like LG. Could shake the bracket up big time if OS wins.

REALLY hoping we get to see at least EG/eRa and LG/OS on stream.  :stressed:

A lot of the other AM teams could cause some ruckus in the loser's bracket; but I don't see any other Round 1 matchups that may end up in an upset.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm legit sad at the overall state halo is in right now. New settings are great and all but man, I just feel like this once great franchise is just a complete joke at this point. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

EG vs Oxy (Contra/Ryanoob/Dastroyed/Nemassist) is a likely matchup for LB2. That'd be a gooder.

T2 isn't casting because he's coaching. Not sure why Elamite isn't casting but I'm fairly certain neither of them were banned from casting because of the whole Str8 thing.

He is coaching because they didnt ask him to cast.

REALLY hoping we get to see at least EG/eRa and LG/OS on stream.  :stressed:

We'll probably get OG/Emp and NV/Atria with an hour of downtime between each swift 3-0

• Upvote (+1) 2

Even though EG didnt win either of their series almost all of their games were close. If they catch fire I can see them making a run for 3rd or 4th.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Question

Has anyone thought about moving camo from P1 to somewhere more open mid map in Truth?

I feel like P1 currently is easy to nade spam. What if they moved it to bottom middle, on top of the platform to jump top mid? Would be more open, mid map, and contestable by both teams? I always get naded P1, seems like a weird place to have it.

Of you move it bottom or top mid, I think you are going to see more burns. Despite the cramped confines of P1, you are less likely to have all 8 players with attention on that one spot than on top mid.

Again sorry all, doing what we can to get all problems fixed.

And very sorry to the community for letting you guys down. I should have worked harder.

<3

<33333

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 9

It has been interesting that is for sure lots of problems showed up and i believe Saturday Sunday will be better. From what I have been told with production. But they are actively working on it. I do the EVENT I DO NOT DO PRODUCTION LOL FOR THE LOVE OF GOD @@Saucey yes there is problems not denying but hey you guys only know best. Tell you what I will give you $9,000 to come do this better with the same limitations which btw this more then anyone gets paid in a year as well as any of the other 50 jobs :) In other news i have heard nothing but good things from people at the event and the stream is being worked on! Also maybe taking the stream off and on would be an idea idk. All I will say is while you guys bash nothing gets better. But I love you all the same this may be the last event i do. 

Again enjoy what I hope is a good weekend but soon the people that are trying to do anything for the halo scene are going to walk away going to get my hour of sleep now, and get my 4 hours of sleep for 5 days. Not complaining just tired. Again sorry doing what we can to get all problems fixed. 

<3

<33333

343 trusted these motherfuckers.....

tenor.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I started to type up a big post but will probably save it for when I return and can type it out on my laptop and not my phone. Mostly detailing my experience here at the event as a spectator which has been really good so far. Considering that I was surprised to see what was written here because I was not watching the stream and honestly didn't notice the issues from in the venue when I was watching. Sucks to hear about it. Saw Str8 vs Luminosity where the game crashed, that's about it.

That saved post will be another big dumb "teapot wall o' text" for the airport on monday or when I land. Gotta love Halo and it's history. Saw people I haven't seen in years, met ones I've known for over a decade, and of course tons of new people too.

also, was by feature station front row a lot today. That thing didn't seem unstable at all but understand the concern. Can try to bring it up if nobody else does. Till tomorrow.. Gonna try to check this thread here n there throughout the day.

• Upvote (+1) 9

It has been interesting that is for sure lots of problems showed up and i believe Saturday Sunday will be better. From what I have been told with production. But they are actively working on it. I do the EVENT I DO NOT DO PRODUCTION LOL FOR THE LOVE OF GOD @@Saucey yes there is problems not denying but hey you guys only know best. Tell you what I will give you $9,000 to come do this better with the same limitations which btw this more then anyone gets paid in a year as well as any of the other 50 jobs :) In other news i have heard nothing but good things from people at the event and the stream is being worked on! Also maybe taking the stream off and on would be an idea idk. All I will say is while you guys bash nothing gets better. But I love you all the same this may be the last event i do.

Again enjoy what I hope is a good weekend but soon the people that are trying to do anything for the halo scene are going to walk away going to get my hour of sleep now, and get my 4 hours of sleep for 5 days. Not complaining just tired. Again sorry doing what we can to get all problems fixed.

<3

<33333

I guess we just want to know who does what since there is such an avoidance of transparency with these events. No one seems responsible for anything that goes wrong. And again, why is there never a test stream the night before to test these things?

THIS RIGHT HERE is why beyond being labelled toxic is fair

this guy has nothing to do with stream production and he's still being witchhunted simply because the stream sucks and people want an individual scapegoat

I know for a fact they ran production at UGC. Maybe not Proverb literally himself, but his brother and their "company" P5 Studios. 

Source: Owner of UGC. 

I also heard they are running it again for UMG, and they have been tweeting about it, not hard to figure it out man.

Upvote for comcast.

• Upvote (+1) 6