CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I just want to know what UMG and 343 HCS teams are doing for the 40 days heading up to the event, and all morning. HOW ARE THERE SOOO MANY ISSUES. Test something my gosh

• Upvote (+1) 1

They changed the rules but they did not change the production. I forgot how bad these events were run. My advice is to get drunk and you don't really care about it, but that might not grow the scene. 

I think the worst part of Strongside's casting is he's actually calling Penguin by his new tag

WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE PASSED THIS NOW.

That's the thing. 

You're literally bringing up an issue from a Octoshape plugin from 2006 that Major League Gaming fully reimbursed and refunded their customers for, it's 2017 and I've seen better production values from Super Smash Bros. Melee tournaments held in high school gyms. 

These streams are a JOKE and the HCS is BLEEDING. 

Comcast is their literal only sponsor left and that's probably because they were dumb enough to sign a multiyear deal. 

343 Industries is literally ruining a decade worth of legendary nostalgia because of their incompetence. 

We're supposed to be past this now in what sense? We're entirely dependent on a developer to provide a 'subpar' tournament experience for a game the majority of the competitive community hates has a style they would prefer not to play. The last few years have been ground zero for comp Halo. There is an expectation of quality and progress on the entitled perception that Halo should be alongside the top tier games in spite of the demand only being artificially created through prizepools (I actually heard someone call $75k a small prize pool this week).

The Smash example is really apt because they're actually finding success playing games that they actually want to play at a grass roots level. I have so much more respect for the people that grind out their chosen experience (props to the CE guys willing to fly in just to play CE) or even the people that said "fuck it I'm getting nothing out of this that I want I'm done" over the people who stick around just to shit on what's here right now.

• Downvote (-1) 4

I wish someone would pull a Tony Romo and get Phil Simms out of the casting booth.

We're supposed to be past this now in what sense? We're entirely dependent on a developer to provide a 'subpar' tournament experience for a game the majority of the competitive community hates has a style they would prefer not to play. The last few years have been ground zero for comp Halo. There is an expectation of quality and progress on the entitled perception that Halo should be alongside the top tier games in spite of the demand only being artificially created through prizepools (I actually heard someone call $75k a small prize pool this week).

The Smash example is really apt because they're actually finding success playing games that they actually want to play at a grass roots level. I have so much more respect for the people that grind out their chosen experience (props to the CE guys willing to fly in just to play CE) or even the people that said "fuck it I'm getting nothing out of this that I want I'm done" over the people who stick around just to shit on what's here right now.

YOU DON'T GET IT. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Why is source only 720p? Yeesh.

I was wondering the same damn thing, is this 2007 ? Oh wait...2007 was a good year for Halo.  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 2

onlinedown with a rough game 1

-11down getting outplayed by stick beast