CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

My team isn't under anyone. Money matches helped us for last event. Now that worlds is over we will be looking for a org to represent

Pls stop suing people man!!

• Upvote (+1) 3

My team isn't under anyone. Money matches helped us for last event. Now that worlds is over we will be looking for a org to represent

112exd2.gif

• Downvote (-1) 2

Speaking of which did that loophole ever get closed? I don't really remember there being a change to the rules regarding it compared to the response to the Ace ineligibility issue.

I imagine we'll get an updated rule book halfway through the summer season. It'll fix the fake roster issue, but it'll also inadvertently make Ace ineligible again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh here we go again....

Something to do with the Ace/Elamite debacle. I don't really know what there is to sue over, but apparently this is why TMMT is now with Crowd Pleasers over Str8.

If I interpreted it correctly. Heinz didn't give many details.

Nothing.  you are correct.   there is nothing to sue over.

Speaking of which did that loophole ever get closed? I don't really remember there being a change to the rules regarding it compared to the response to the Ace ineligibility issue.

There never was one imo.  They forgot about/chose not to act on the "integrity of the league" clause in their own rules. Edit: THey should still put wording in the rules to ban this kind of stuff though.  They should lean on the "Integrity" clause as little as possible, unless BS like this happens of course.

What could MM possibly gain from a potential lawsuit... I don't even understand... $?

Nothing.  Im sure it was more ego-flexing than anything.  They have nothing to sue over.  A 'Bad look' =/= proof of impropriety.  If anything they should have been asking for elamite to leave since Ace was a competitor before Elamite was hired.

Its all stupid.  I thought this thing had died, like it should.

ugh

I still have dreams about what could have been if that team had stayed together.  In fact, I think if Ninja had said "so yeah im on hotel WiFi, you should get a sub this week" that team would have stuck it out.  I dont see that as a roster that takes down optic consistently, but i do see it as a roster that makes worlds.

IIRC Ninja did say just that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why is @@FrankTheShow getting known for it though? A couple users posted about it before like @@FlizzyFletch, even I joked about it at some point before it got crazy. Weird situation all around, I don't think anyone in the community is at fault for bringing up possible issues.

Props to @@Heinz for bringing light to the situation though, a lawsuit lol? Crazy.

Any link or quick explanation as to how this all started, why Ace wasn't eligible? And what Frank said that made Elamite mad?

Kinda random, but was Hecz talking about getting sponsors and funding for something the other day? Or am I an idiot/imagining things

Kinda random, but was Hecz talking about getting sponsors and funding for something the other day? Or am I an idiot/imagining things

Idk, probably for some documentary is what people are thinking.

Yes, I'm guessing it's for the Halo Doc or it's pertaining to them moving to them possibly moving to dallas

Is anyone really that surprised by this whole situation though? Honestly if 343 actually had well thought out/high quality events consistently, that would surprise me.

Any link or quick explanation as to how this all started, why Ace wasn't eligible? And what Frank said that made Elamite mad?

Some posters and community members felt that 3 people working at ESL shouldn't be able to have a team (Str8 Rippin) within ESL own Halo league and thought it would be an issue. @@FrankTheShow went ham about it, and it caught fire even though it was mentioned by others before. The staff at the HCS later came out with this article about the situation and the ever-changing rulebook that's become a meme. I'm not sure what went on with @@FrankTheShow and @@Elamite, wasn't really around for what went on.

TLDR: Some people think there's drama, some like drama and some don't care.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Jesus what a mess Hcs got itself into. I just hope this was the turning point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I guarantee Hitch will make an official halo doc, and Hecz will help in any way he can. What better look for his org than putting out an official movie that will be seen by millions.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Started a thread on the GoW Reddit to get more specifics on what he did over there. 

People don't like him.

I'm shocked.  :lxthul:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GearsOfWar/comments/62450u/need_the_help_of_gow_mp_and_competitive_fans/

Quinn also tried to make up an absurd statement that a majority of people did not want Locust playable.  It was apparently taken out of context, but still almost went through.

That went over REAL well :wutface:

/witchhunt

• Upvote (+1) 1

Jesus what a mess Hcs got itself into. I just hope this was the turning point.

Halo fans every year since 2010 lol.  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm just trying to think of ways Hecz talking about getting sponsors and funding for something and Ninja randomly contacting a 3D design artist is somehow connected lmao

I'm just trying to think of ways Hecz talking about getting sponsors and funding for something and Ninja randomly contacting a 3D design artist is somehow connected lmao

I would imagine the ninja thing is for an h1z1 montage if anything.

Some posters and community members felt that 3 people working at ESL shouldn't be able to have a team (Str8 Rippin) within ESL own Halo league and thought it would be an issue. @@FrankTheShow went ham about it, and it caught fire even though it was mentioned by others before. The staff at the HCS later came out with this article about the situation and the ever-changing rulebook that's become a meme. I'm not sure what went on with @@FrankTheShow and @@Elamite, wasn't really around for what went on.

Here's some additional context, you can read several threads from there.

https://twitter.com/frankiefourfour/status/843878395964510208

https://twitter.com/MLGACE/status/844662940837953537

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

That's a bad link

How'd you guys do?