CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I can't watch right now, but can anyone give me a quick summary as to why?

Allegedly, MM threatened to sue ESL because the rule book said Ace wasn't allowed eligible for world's.

MM is affiliated with crowd pleasers, whose captain alleged that esl gave Str8 CP's rightful pool and seed.

• Upvote (+1) 6

So MoneyMatches is trying to sue ESL? Thoughts?

Well he said threatened. High potential nothing is actually happening. I'd be happy to sit down with some popcorn and watch ESL and MoneyMatches go at it though. They deserve each other

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can't watch right now, but can anyone give me a quick summary as to why?

Something to do with the Ace/Elamite debacle. I don't really know what there is to sue over, but apparently this is why TMMT is now with Crowd Pleasers over Str8.

If I interpreted it correctly. Heinz didn't give many details.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm a Canucks fan and an EG fan... trying times  :mj:

Die hard Blues fan. Rabid ALG supporter because my best friend/ former teammate is the owner. I know that feel.

MM threatened to sue ESL because the rule book said ace wasn't allowed eligible for world's.

Oh... Ha good luck with that one

So MoneyMatches is trying to sue ESL? Thoughts?

http://cdn-2.oddshot.tv/render-captures/480p/heinz-ywV24gjjz1z2DoNhPVspAA.mp4

Why is @@FrankTheShow getting known for it though? A couple users posted about it before like @@FlizzyFletch, even I joked about it at some point before it got crazy. Weird situation all around, I don't think anyone in the community is at fault for bringing up possible issues.

Props to @@Heinz for bringing light to the situation though, a lawsuit lol? Crazy.

• Upvote (+1) 4

MM is affiliated with crowd pleasers, whose captain alleged that esl was have Str8 CP's rightful pool and seed.

Did you have a stroke while typing this?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh... Ha good luck with that one

Such a weird relationship between MM, cratos, and ESL. First all parties work together to get cratos a pro league spot. Next thing you know Ace is rendered ineligible AFTER competing in a qualifier and outplacing Pnda. Then Frank shows up in an act of heroism and shines spotlight on the irregularities. Next thing you know Cratos is fifth seed, Str8 gets a cake walk at world's, and ESL gets sued.

If i didn't know any better i'd say there was conspiracy going on.

Did you have a stroke while typing this?

No, but i lost quite a few braincells during str8gate and balloongate. Also mobile is a mother fucker.

Why is @@FrankTheShow getting known for it though? A couple users posted about it before like @@FlizzyFletch, even I joked about it at some point before it got crazy. Weird situation all around, I don't think anyone in the community is at fault for bringing up possible issues.

Props to @@Heinz for bringing light to the situation though, a lawsuit lol? Crazy.

BECAUSE I CAN TAKE THE HEAT.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Such a weird relationship between MM, cratos, and ESL. First all parties work together to get cratos a pro league spot. 

I don't think ESL actually worked to get Pnda/CP a pro league spot.  I think Cratos/Showtime found a loophole in the league rules, exploited it, and let MM threaten legal action if the ruling was not upheld.  In Flizzy's interview with the 6'-4" fully tatted boy genius CEO, he mentioned US org/player contracts taking legal precedent over ESL's foreign (German?) league contracts/rules.  I don't think ESL assisted in the ruling, I think they just got bent over and fucked and didn't want to disclose the shameful details publicly.

Wish we had more info on this but I get the feeling that MM bullies it's way to favorable results.  Awesome! s/

I don't think ESL actually worked to get Pnda/CP a pro league spot. I think Cratos/Showtime found a loophole in the league rules, exploited it, and let MM threaten legal action if the ruling was not upheld. In Flizzy's interview with the 6'-4" fully tatted boy genius CEO, he mentioned US org/player contracts taking legal precedent over ESL's foreign (German?) league contracts/rules. I don't think ESL assisted in the ruling, I think they just got bent over and fucked and didn't want to disclose the shameful details publicly.

Wish we had more info on this but I get the feeling that MM bullies it's way to favorable results. Awesome! s/

Speaking of which did that loophole ever get closed? I don't really remember there being a change to the rules regarding it compared to the response to the Ace ineligibility issue.

I don't think ESL actually worked to get Pnda/CP a pro league spot. I think Cratos/Showtime found a loophole in the league rules, exploited it, and let MM threaten legal action if the ruling was not upheld. In Flizzy's interview with the 6'-4" fully tatted boy genius CEO, he mentioned US org/player contracts taking legal precedent over ESL's foreign (German?) league contracts/rules. I don't think ESL assisted in the ruling, I think they just got bent over and fucked and didn't want to disclose the shameful details publicly.

Wish we had more info on this but I get the feeling that MM bullies it's way to favorable results. Awesome! s/

I was referring to this comment from esl. Cant remember who posted it:

"The disrespect and vitriol towards the Enigma6 roster is misplaced and unwarranted. They worked with league officials during this process, and all parties involved were able to voice their position and they were sure to act within the rules of the Pro League."

I still dont buy the loop hole argument because the rule book gives them the essentially do anything they want in the name of integrity.

If a rule is being used I an unintended manner, they can rectify it at anytime.

• Upvote (+1) 2