CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

1. OpTic

2. nV

3. Liquid

4. Splyce

5. Str8

6. LG

T8. Team Randa (or whatever their org is)

T8. TBD (Ryanoob's team)

T12. EG + Ronin

:simms:

T8. Team Randa (or whatever their org is)

T8. TBD (Ryanoob's team)

Randa = eRa Eternity

TBD = Oxygen Supremacy

• Upvote (+1) 1

i disagree, it seems a bit easier now

Getting booted by OGRE 1 when I was in a party consisting of him, his GF and 2gre was the best day of my life.

• Upvote (+1) 7

If it plays anything like the original...

Like trash. :)

How could you say that about my favourite map... I thought we were friends dude

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can't figure out how to upload a pic to Imgur than to here from my phone. Oh well.

FFAs are very different from getting picked up by a team, or being invited out for some basement scrims (ah, the good old days). I used to get invited to a decent amount of FFAs, midship is burned into my brain forever. A lot of those CE guys were the old boys club though, very elitist (could back it up too), but if you were out of the top 16, no way were they going to pick you up. That's one reason i thought LG picking up saiyan was crazy, i honestly couldn't believe it, shotzzy is a little different, dudes a fucking animal. Cant say much for H3 though, i missed the "prime years" of MLG, damn Army service :mj:

A lot of those players did get picked up by 07 though, because the only good online stigma went away.

It was definitely easier to play with pros, because everyone played ffas/custom4s, so all you needed was one friend who had a pro on their list, and there it was. Scrims wasn't the closed circle either. People would message their whole list and then choose. Now, people are scheduling days in advanced and it's always the same roundtable of pros

how do we go from 50 to 30 in a matter of months? that's kind of interesting actually

how do we go from 50 to 30 in a matter of months? that's kind of interesting actually

Having a tournament that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things doesnt help.

Having it so close to a tournament that does matter cant help.

What's interesting to me is that no one can collect stats with so few stations being needed.

If there are really only 22 teams, only 6 teams will go home without prize money.

However, I think EccentriK is talking out of his ass. He doesn't seem to have a source for the 22 teams comment and is now saying "there won't be more than 32" without providing any concrete reasoning beyond "halo is dead lul".

1. Too little heads up (Typical but still).
  2. Mother's day weekend.
  3. Small Prize pool (never really matters for the lower level teams but still builds hype).
  4. LCQ isn't at the event (Would have made this a huge deal for AM teams).
  5. Florida is a pretty shitty place to travel.
  6. This is not what we meant when we said east coast LANs.
  7. As always, poor promotion on 343's part.
  8. It's during finals/graduations (Even those who are not participating in these events have family).
  9. Heavy Aim is still in the game.

The few pros that do make this event better are its format, venue, and settings. I'll take what we can get for now but ATL will definitely be the biggest event of the year. Every issue above should be lesser or nonexistent for ATL.

Also lol at everyone putting Splyce below STR8.

1. OG
  2. Nv
  3. Liquid
  4. Splyce
  5. STR8
  6. LG
  7. Ronin
  8. TTBD
  9. EG

Quote me: If EG place this badly at this event, and get relegated in ATL, the twins and Naded will retire, Towey will go to COD, and EG will leave Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

and EG will leave Halo.

I'm half expecting them to just show up in Daytona as Instinct tbh

I'm half expecting them to just show up in Daytona as Instinct tbh

I don't know what the twins and Towey have told the EG execs for the past couple seasons. EG doesn't own teams this bad in any other esport. Their DOTA team is footing the bill for all of it. It's not gonna last.

Why do people want eg to leave so badly? You guys always make that prediction even.though it's toweys call. If anything they would just get another pro team if they wanted to. Eg isn't some rinky dink org. They're one of the best

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'll be honest, I could've told you guys the event would be ~30 or so the day the event was announced lol. I'm nowhere near surprised at those numbers. 

Edit: Judging by that tweet, it very well could be full of shit, but, we'll see. I'm guessing no more than 32 will show up. Surprise me.