CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That neogaf thread is pretty telling of 343's stance on the issue because generally whenever there's a thread there that critizies 343 Frank is there within 2 pages to defend it and it's currently up to 16 pages now.

You know what else 343 did this with the broken ass MCC looks there going to try and sweep this under the rug and hope people will forget about it.

1 free month of xbl for everyone in attendance and a remake of relic that runs a 24 fps will be added to h5!

HWC 2017 9th-12th Stats

Supremacy:

i4sCRSP.jpg

London Conspiracy:

AT2GRaQ.jpg

Immunity:

RJ0Tesd.jpg

SoaR:

Q7ERCe0.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

Pro players need a united front if they wish to make any real changes. Right now speaking out as individuals with tweets, or screen caps will do nothing. They'll never fully agree on everything. They must negotiate and compromise among themselves to determine what they feel are truly the best competitive settings. Package the details and their personal thoughts together, and give it to someone who will present well on their behalf.

This of course will require a lot of testing. So get off twitter, get into a pro discord, start up custom games, and go for it. At the end of the night review comments, opinions, and suggestions. Make or try the suggested changes, and do the whole process again the next night. Might be better off bringing in someone who is knowledgeable about the settings in H5 to make things easier as they can tailor the gametypes quicker and easier.

The sooner the better, or it'll be "too late" with the next pro league season upcoming.

It'd also help if these custom games were streamed by the pros for us to give feedback on at a later time.

Since there's no new info to talk about:

HWC 2016 vs 2017 grand finals map scores

2016 vs ALG:

1-1 tie CTF Coliseum

3-0 CTF Coliseum (replay)

50-22 Slayer Rig

100-15 Strongholds Plaza

2-1 CTF Fathom

2017 vs nV:

3-2 CTF Coliseum

50-44 Slayer Plaza

100-65 Strongholds Rig

1-0 CTF Truth

The gap is closing!

Unfortunately because of the bracket structure of 2016 Worlds, the second best team was not in the finals so its not really a great comparison. Denial, Liquid and EG were all on the same side of the bracket as CLG.

I think you would also disable spartan charge, lol. Also it may actually not be possible to spartan charge as you wouldn't be sprinting.

Right. I wasn't trying to say actual Spartan charge, although looking at that now it seems like that exactly what I meant. I was just trying to say that there would be alot more melee kills. It wouldn't be as easy as a thrusting charge but people would still be running into each other like crazy.

So we don't want sprint... But we want to move as fast as sprint without sprinting?

Someone please explain this to me.

Because then we have one base speed.The problem with Sprint isn't how fast it is.It's that we have 2 base movement speeds now.

Because then we have one base speed.The problem with Sprint isn't how fast it is.It's that we have 2 base movement speeds now.

I totally get that one movement speed would be ideal. But I think that the speed of sprint would be too fast. Sword speed might be better.

I don't think people realize how fast/hard it would be if everyone was in full sprint speed the whole time.

I just wish that 343 could plow through the toxic and negative cesspool that is our community and contribute a little bit.

Just avoid Halo 5 GD and you're good to go

• Upvote (+1) 1

I totally get that one movement speed would be ideal. But I think that the speed of sprint would be too fast. Sword speed might be better.

I don't think people realize how fast/hard it would be if everyone was in full sprint speed the whole time.

We've tested such a speed for Evolved settings. While the strafe was significantly improved, the poor aiming system of this game exacerbated its issues on CQC. Using 110% BMS maintained the potential of strafing and movement without making it so frustrating to track in CQC. If we used H4's aiming system or from the beta of H5, this situation would be completely different.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

People saying Halo 4 comp was better....

Halo 4 was literally shit (and also the best argument for how changed settings didn't do shit)

Lethul calling those people out as bandwagoners is great though.

Halo 4 with Ghost's settings on decent forge maps was ... not terrible.  The BR was too easy to use but high-level gameplay was somewhat fun to watch (Formal's sniping was amazing at the later AGLs)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

why tf do you get to give your 20 cents and everyone else gets 2?

I'm that special.

It'd also help if these custom games were streamed by the pros for us to give feedback on at a later time.

and what makes you think the pros care about how the plebs feel?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its harder for H5 because all the maps have been designed around max-speed traversal with infinite sprint.    It's just better without it and it would simplify their map design, SA and weapon balance too.  

In case you missed it, ESPN snakebite interview

http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/19017531/team-formed-formed-beat-us

Good interview. Great to see guys like @@SnakeBite get the recognition for how well they play. OpTic is a beast. This group of 4 is one of the most dominant Halo teams of all-time. Always funny to see teams form to try and beat them and yet will scrim or play less than OpTic does.

As for the rest, I hope the criticism keeps going. Only way we will see change. Dan Ayoub was producer and main man in charge of MCC, face at E3, on twitter nonstop. Goes silent after launch and then doesn't re-emerge until a year later but now as Studio Head for Halo Wars 2. How you can be responsible for a product considered the worst game launch for online of all time, and be rewarded with another game and a higher position I don't know. HCS, ESL they all deserve the roastings they are getting. Several sites, orgs, pros from other leagues. I hate the people blaming the community. As if we are to blame.

I really hope that Halo 6 has a better art style and most importantly an efficient aiming system! I can easily go between Destiny and Titanfall. Good luck getting back into Halo 5 after a break, though. 

Good interview. Great to see guys like @@SnakeBite get the recognition for how well they play. OpTic is a beast. This group of 4 is one of the most dominant Halo teams of all-time. Always funny to see teams form to try and beat them and yet will scrim or play less than OpTic does.

As for the rest, I hope the criticism keeps going. Only way we will see change. Dan Ayoub was producer and main man in charge of MCC, face at E3, on twitter nonstop. Goes silent after launch and then doesn't re-emerge until a year later but now as Studio Head for Halo Wars 2. How you can be responsible for a product considered the worst game launch for online of all time, and be rewarded with another game and a higher position I don't know. HCS, ESL they all deserve the roastings they are getting. Several sites, orgs, pros from other leagues. I hate the people blaming the community. As if we are to blame.

Don't worry. You guys have way less influence than you think.

• Downvote (-1) 9

Don't worry. You guys have way less influence than you think.

Which is why he said that..

• Upvote (+1) 7

Spartan Ninja and Saiyan were playing Arena together last night. I think them with Victory or Bubu would be a great team.

• Upvote (+1) 3