LG: Ninja Spartan Victory Saiyan

Splyce: bubu Shooter APG Str8 Sick

CP: Cratos Naded Danoxide Suspector

EG: Roy Lunchbox Pistola OGRE2

Cryptik: Ryanoob Dastroyed Contra Devon

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is accurate.

We may not place top 4 but no one beat our vernacular.

The end of this season had better be followed by a pro league wide survey or whatever kind of information using technique you like on what works and what doesnt work in terms of gameplay and settings etc, and take a 2 or so month break to implement the feedback so we can live out the rest of the game with it at its utmost peak.

At this stage after the HWC fiasco, the games not going to grow. We need to keep the fans we have now amd try and optimise Halo 5 and the esports program to its peak so we can use this as a base for a solid foundation going into 6.

Its obvious that keeping the base game and competitive the same is not having the desired effect. Take a risk, learn from it i say.

I find it almost unbelievable that 343 dont even support the grassroots scene by buying premium on here. I know I would if I wasnt a FUCKING STUDENT :(

• Downvote (-1) 2

Ran through a few quick tests to compare movespeeds. I'm going to go frame by frame for better comparisons later and make a video detailing the faults in using sprint.

Halo 3 (Back of Base to P2) 8 Seconds
Halo 5 No Sprint (Back of Base to P2) 12 Seconds
Halo 5 Sprint (Back of Base to P2) 9 Seconds
Halo 5 120% Base Move Speed (Back of Base to P2) 9 Seconds

So if we use the 120% base movespeed, you can move at the same speed as sprinting, but shoot the entire time. If you want increased playspeed, more balanced spartan abilities, and no radar working the way it should, this is it.

I'm curious if you are testing Halo 3 base movement speed or Halo 3 MLG base movement speed. Don't forget MLG settings sped up speed to 110% or 120% because Halo 3 base movement was like running in quicksand. 

So we don't want sprint... But we want to move as fast as sprint without sprinting?

Someone please explain this to me.

Base movement speed needs to increase substantially to make it feel natural, or new maps need to be created that fit the mechanics/play of no abilities Halo. The verticality is great, it's something that was really important in Halo 1 and to a lesser but still there extent, Halo 2. 

Doubt it. Heczs greatest failing is he has no idea what to do with the optic store. It's a joke

Hecz sucks with the Optic store, completely agreed.

If base movement was increased to say what the sword is now I could see that working. But it would be way too chaotic if the base movement speed was as fast as sprint. It would be like a Spartan charge fest except you could shoot the whole time.

Removing sprint basically requires you to remove all the other bullshit gimmicks this game has - ground pound, thrust, and slide. Clamber is hit or miss I guess. I don't care whether it's in or not, although I think with it in the game it removes a certain level of skill-based jumping that was prevalent in prior halos to outposition people. That's also a hit or miss thing as it isn't a necessity.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What you want him to do? He's been anti radar for a while now. Obviously he has no control

Considering he's an Associate Product Manager for ESL, caster, ex-pro player and most importantly a fan, I would have thought some sort of comment on either ESL issues or 343 issues would have been pretty easy since he put in the effort to post here in the first place.

As much as I dislike most of Frank's posts, it's the only time we ever seem to get a response out of 343 or ESL. That sucks for all involved.

It also proves that they are listening/reading, but choosing to not respond to us. That also sucks for all involved.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So, has MCC been fixed yet? I haven't tried it for a couple of months.

• Upvote (+1) 2

giphy.gif

Hmm, interesting. Well then, I suppose I can expect a partial refund or at least an apology from 343?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hmm, interesting. Well then, I suppose I can expect a partial refund or at least an apology from 343?

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

giphy.gif

Wow why are you guys being so toxic this is why 343 hasn't made Halo 5 an incredible competitive game with big venues

• Upvote (+1) 8

Ok so I made this last night. Took awhile and I only got 2 hours of sleep, worth it. If anybody has anything to add let me know thanks :)

Posted to Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/626ax5/explaining_sprint_and_its_negative_affects/

110% MLG. The Halo 3 vs Halo 5 footage is at 5:22 if you want to skip me talking.

Thanks for the response. I just wanted to make sure that you were testing the MLG settings vs H5 competitive and not forgetting them. Really great video by the way.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Since there's no new info to talk about:

HWC 2016 vs 2017 grand finals map scores

2016 vs ALG:

1-1 tie CTF Coliseum

3-0 CTF Coliseum (replay)

50-22 Slayer Rig

100-15 Strongholds Plaza

2-1 CTF Fathom

2017 vs nV:

3-2 CTF Coliseum

50-44 Slayer Plaza