CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Its really amazing to see more sentiments like this now.

I bought Halo 5 out of hope, not hype.

Now I have no hope or hype.

• Upvote (+1) 5

wait, why? did Mantha get traded or something?

Red Wings missed the playoffs, will change once Tigers start up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So we don't want sprint... But we want to move as fast as sprint without sprinting?

Someone please explain this to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People saying Halo 4 comp was better....

Halo 4 was literally shit (and also the best argument for how changed settings didn't do shit)

Lethul calling those people out as bandwagoners is great though.

People saying Halo 4 comp was better....

Halo 4 was literally shit (and also the best argument for how changed settings didn't do shit)

Lethul calling those people out as bandwagoners is great though.

but I could aim properly in Halo 4  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

these complaints seem to happen a lot after events, and 343 always just seems to wait for pros and fans to knock themselves out until rostermania and scrims with the new squads becomes the bigger subject. 

So we don't want sprint... But we want to move as fast as sprint without sprinting?

Sprinting makes you put your gun down, thus, anytime you're sprinting, is time that could be spent putting shots into people instead. The game slows down because of sprint.

The base movement speed is only being raised because the maps were originally made with sprint in mind, so they're too large for normal base speed.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Anyone know if Optic or anyone else is releasing apparel for the HWC win? I know CLG did last year and I picked up a few t-shirts.

Looking to do something similar this year.

Doubt it. Heczs greatest failing is he has no idea what to do with the optic store. It's a joke
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Sprinting makes you put your gun down, thus, anytime you're sprinting, is time that could be spent putting shots into people instead. The game slows down because of sprint.

The base movement speed is only being raised because the maps were originally made with sprint in mind, so they're too large for normal base speed.

If base movement was increased to say what the sword is now I could see that working. But it would be way too chaotic if the base movement speed was as fast as sprint. It would be like a Spartan charge fest except you could shoot the whole time.

only way to keep default maps playable

Anyone know if Optic or anyone else is releasing apparel for the HWC win? I know CLG did last year and I picked up a few t-shirts.

Looking to do something similar this year.

The OpTic store is a mess. Hecz said he was going to put different jackets and stuff in the store, That never happened and he said this a good 6 months ago. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I just wish that 343 could plow through the toxic and negative cesspool that is our community and contribute a little bit.

You're just trying to farm rep.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Would people be happier if halo went to a biannual release cycle where it alternated between classic style, and sprint/movement based halo?

The OpTic store is a mess. Hecz said he was going to put different jackets and stuff in the store, That never happened and he said this a good 6 months ago.

Accidental neg. Hevz should take not of.liquid to see their cool stuff jinx made for them. Even the stuff in the store now is terrible and out of date, and someone as visible as hecz is should know people want more there.

I just wish that 343 could plow through the toxic and negative cesspool that is our community and contribute a little bit.

I wonder if there's anything to prevent them posting here on a personal level. It just seems like every time they drop by it's to provide information or clear things up that's been run by a bunch of people before being posted.

How about just engaging with the community in general by discussing team changes and players?

Careful, if you become r/halo and you make HCS discussion threads you'll have to deal with people like this:

_b8058dbcb5822a148dc8e1fab72ec0b8-png.jp

Where's that from? I've posted a lot of my shit over there and haven't really gotten bad responses except for the occasional downvote.

If base movement was increased to say what the sword is now I could see that working. But it would be way too chaotic if the base movement speed was as fast as sprint. It would be like a Spartan charge fest except you could shoot the whole time.

Less chaotic imo. Everyone moving at the same speed all the time makes it play more predictably than people sprinting/walking/sprinting/walking at various times.