CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Just played a Rig Slayer. On 3 separate occasions, I spawned within immediate blowjob range of an enemy. 

giphy.gif

I need a drink.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Ah, the "Towey" post - well played sir.

this post is a joke everyone CHILL

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

:wutface:  :ace:

The thread is gold. 

Used to respek Rob because he grinded for years and came on here, but he is way too tilted over nothing. @CntrA was funny af. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Don't talk about my son like that.

I told harry once that my dad would knock his did out.

Im telling my dad to start lifting again and to eat more protein.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Remember when OG didn't used to lose, like AT ALL? Now that the setting are much more competitive they are losing a shit ton. Interesting. 

this guy is a troll but I have to admit ... I'm a little uneasy.  do HWC 2016 and HWC 2017 maybe have a tiny asterisk next to them?  like that MLG tournament in H2 that was slayer-only; not the ideal competitive settings, so it's not really taken as seriously as a tournament victory.  

we all agree that previous settings were way less competitive, right?  so victories on the previous settings would necessarily be less meaningful, right?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

this guy is a troll but I have to admit ... I'm a little uneasy.  do HWC 2016 and HWC 2017 maybe have a tiny asterisk next to them?  like that MLG tournament in H2 that was slayer-only; not the ideal competitive settings, so it's not really taken as seriously as a tournament victory.  

we all agree that previous settings were way less competitive, right?  so victories on the previous settings would necessarily be less meaningful, right?

Do the League of Legends or Overwatch communities try to downplay past tournament winnings because a hero or character got tweaked?

Just trying to figure out if it's the Halo community that does this.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Do the League of Legends or Overwatch communities try to downplay past tournament winnings because a hero or character got tweaked?

SC2 tournament wins at the first three GSLs are taken way less seriously because the settings weren't as competitive (Fruitdealer is not even in like the top 50 SC2 players of all time).  Maps were straight garbage in 2010.  Anyway a single hero being tweaked is different from global settings being very different

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

SC2 tournament wins at the first three GSLs are taken way less seriously because the settings weren't as competitive (Fruitdealer is not even in like the top 50 SC2 players of all time).  Maps were straight garbage in 2010.  Anyway a single hero being tweaked is different from global settings being very different

I look forward to OpTic winning HWC 2018 and laughing at those asterisks, I guess. 

I'm not gonna take those tournament wins less seriously. They were the best during Halo 5's meta at the time. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

S3 MVP Ozone were pretty much regarded as the best team but right before Worlds, every champ in their mid laner's pool got nerfed while most others didn't.

That, coupled with the tOP laner retiring right before the event made people really disappointed in their placing and saying they probably would have won if not for Riot being Riot.

this guy is a troll but I have to admit ... I'm a little uneasy. do HWC 2016 and HWC 2017 maybe have a tiny asterisk next to them? like that MLG tournament in H2 that was slayer-only; not the ideal competitive settings, so it's not really taken as seriously as a tournament victory.

we all agree that previous settings were way less competitive, right? so victories on the previous settings would necessarily be less meaningful, right?

I mean, the settings shrunk the skill gap.... and optic still managed to shit on everyone.

They somehow created a massive gap where there should have been none. I'm not putting an asterisk on that, unless they consistently start coming up short when it counts on these new settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When you read there's a classic playlist, heavy aim fix, and FFA updates all on the way...

A0IDRHi.gif

According to a few people the new ffa settings are only for daytona and not for the ffa playlist. So there you have it.