CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

1c6e661ca5bd13123442eda729ad6e48.png

i still find it funny/sad that he refuses to post these updates here

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I respect that fact that Tashi backtracked on that.

Shows a willingness to admit fault, when it wasn't even necessary to. I'm sure he could've just stayed silent or said that the pace didn't keep up over the weeks.

he had to or frank probably would have blasted him about it

• Upvote (+1) 3

Two things.

First off, transparency from Tashi is a good thing and should not be attacked or ridiculed. Time and time again I have seen people on here say something along the lines of "all we ask for from 343 is transparency", then when they start being transparent people give them shit. See how that makes it hard for 343 to interact with this community?

Second..how damn seriously do you guys take Mothers Day?! I realize people celebrate to varying degrees (personally a nice dinner or a phone call is about the extent of my/my moms commitment to the holiday), but it just seems silly to attack 343 for scheduling Dayton for Mothers Day weekend. It is not like they scheduled the event on Christmas or some other major holiday, chill.

large.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

Two things.

First off, transparency from Tashi is a good thing and should not be attacked or ridiculed. Time and time again I have seen people on here say something along the lines of "all we ask for from 343 is transparency", then when they start being transparent people give them shit. See how that makes it hard for 343 to interact with this community?

Second..how damn seriously do you guys take Mothers Day?! I realize people celebrate to varying degrees (personally a nice dinner or a phone call is about the extent of my/my moms commitment to the holiday), but it just seems silly to attack 343 for scheduling Dayton for Mothers Day weekend. It is not like they scheduled the event on Christmas or some other major holiday, chill.

Nice try, Tashi.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Two things.

I agree with the first point, the second point though, that depends on everyone's preferences. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if someone decided to spend that day with his mom rather than watching Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not sure how posting a frowny about it being on Mother's Day is attacking 343...but I'd feel like an ass checking my phone for scores & streams while with my family. I know a lot may still be younger and take this time for granted, but living away from family now it's nice to see them when they are an hour away for occasions like this.

It's just bad timing really, this isn't the first time in eSports it has happened - and it won't be the last either. I hope it doesn't hurt viewership and team numbers.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not sure how posting a frowny about it being on Mother's Day is attacking 343...but I'd feel like an ass checking my phone for scores & streams while with my family. I know a lot may still be younger and take this time for granted, but living away from family now, it's nice to see them when they are an hour away for occasions like this.

It's just bad timing really, this isn't the first time in eSports it has happened - and it won't be the last either. I hope it doesn't hurt viewership and all that jazz too.

factor in having a wife and kids, now you do mother's day with your family. so my sunday is full, and while i really want to watch daytona, at a point, family has to take priority.

i guess i can understand the bind this season since they planned finals before planning anything else...wait, this is just them not planning things in advance per the norm. honestly, just check the calendar and plan accordingly

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't really think it's that big of a deal. Real life gets in the way all the time, and it's different for everyone. My moms going to Vegas that week  :D

• Upvote (+1) 1

i still find it funny/sad that he refuses to post these updates here

That dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had

• Upvote (+1) 5

They held Pro League qualifiers last year on Mother's Day also. Not attacking or anything, just simply pointing out 

You guys are just lucky they moved it for the Super Bowl last time :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 3

They held Pro League qualifiers last year on Mother's Day also. Not attacking or anything, just simply pointing out 

i missed that too for the same reason... :mj:

They just need to actually respect the fact that people have lives and family. We shouldn't schedule anything on commonly accepted holidays. We shouldn't schedule things every single weekend or during weekdays for AMs with jobs etc. Its not that difficult you just need to look at who the tournaments/online events are for and plan accordingly. Basically just don't be an idiot.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had

He finds it hard to tell us

Because we find it hard to take...

• Upvote (+1) 4

they chose mothers day because it was less expensive, ultimately i think it's a small compromise to have a 75k east coast lan 

• Upvote (+1) 3

He finds it hard to tell us

Because we find it hard to take...

when people sprint in circles is a very very mad game

• Upvote (+1) 1

if you vote for extermination you are getting blocked

Right? Where is paintball? That is obviously the best variant.  :kappa: