CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Why the fuck is it always "that's not my job" EVERY TIME something needs to get done. It literally took a year for Quinn to say who was "actually" in charge of settings and now we are getting another "well actually". Christ what the hell actually goes on in this company?

As if not having the direct responsibility of a particular role means you're not required to relay the feedback to a person more qualified for the task. Checkmate atheists.

This nonsense makes me wonder if these developers' kids are the ones running their twitter accounts.

This whole franchise reminds of Dexter, I'm not watching for the story but to see how much further it can get tarnished at this point. It's pure entertainment.

This is actually an amazing comparison. Why did Dexter have to fall off the rails after Season 4?

-snip-

I'm a fan of your work on these here forums, including this here.

And I appreciate you taking the time to engage with my post. Your cyniscism is justified.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You know 343 is doomed when Activision is approving on implementing feedback for CoD in a better fashion than Halo. How is THAT possible?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Was messing around real quick with no sprint and 110% movement speed/jump height and the biggest worry for me is how jumps will change. Bum jumps and thrust bumps seem impossible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is actually an amazing comparison. Why did Dexter have to fall off the rails after Season 4?

Wtf spoilers

• Upvote (+1) 3

Was messing around real quick with no sprint and 110% movement speed/jump height and the biggest worry for me is how jumps will change. Bum jumps and thrust bumps seem impossible.

It's arguable how much thrust bump requires a better controller layout more than raw skill and timing in the game. None of the spartan abilities inherently has any more skill than the basic movement in the original games, so that's not a loss.

Bum jumps are extremely niche and seem more practical in starting strategies than in the middle of a game. Are these movement options truly worth the inclusion of sprint?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They're a complete joke of a game developer and until they acknowledge, own their mistakes, and COMMUNICATE with the community what their plans are to improve as a developer, then I'm done.

I'm with you. Halo 4 was a disgrace, Halo 5 further removed everything iconic and unique about Halo and MCC was the worst game launch in history.

Never again.

• Upvote (+1) 8

SOON

So they are going to sit down with players and ask for feedback? Pro's have done this a few times and they said they never listen to them. Lets hope they take it seriously this time but I am very doubtful. I dont understand why they wouldn't. They have nothing to loose at this point. No one plays the game and you can buy it for like 10 bucks. Might as well try something new. By new I mean change the game drastically. Go all out. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

There's no leadership at 343i, no one is ever accounted for their actions it seems. If MCC and the MOST embarrassing esports event won't do it then there's no hope with these people. Any other career or profession would have been shuttered by now.

This whole franchise reminds of Dexter, I'm not watching for the story but to see how much further it can get tarnished at this point. It's pure entertainment.

at this point I just wish 343 had been somehow been given CoD after the Infinity Ward drama instead of taking over for Bungie

who is even in charge of the HCS right now lol

I'm with you. Halo 4 was a disgrace, Halo 5 further removed everything iconic and unique about Halo and MCC was the worst game launch in history.

Never again.

At least Halo Wars 2 will be grassroots to Halo Wars 1

This is the exact way I view the situation as well.

If no one got fired for the dumpster fire that was MCC, then no one will ever be punished for anything at 343.  Ever.

I've already said this multiple times throughout other threads on this site, but I have no intention of ever supporting 343 again given what happened with MCC, H5 at launch, and now HWC 2017.  They're a complete joke of a game developer and until they acknowledge, own their mistakes, and COMMUNICATE with the community what their plans are to improve as a developer, then I'm done.

Never again.

Its really amazing to see more sentiments like this now.

Ran through a few quick tests to compare movespeeds. I'm going to go frame by frame for better comparisons later and make a video detailing the faults in using sprint.

Halo 3 (Back of Base to P2) 8 Seconds
Halo 5 No Sprint (Back of Base to P2) 12 Seconds
Halo 5 Sprint (Back of Base to P2) 9 Seconds
Halo 5 120% Base Move Speed (Back of Base to P2) 9 Seconds

So if we use the 120% base movespeed, you can move at the same speed as sprinting, but shoot the entire time. If you want increased playspeed, more balanced spartan abilities, and no radar working the way it should, this is it.

120% just feels super fast, what about 110%

Never again.

lol i cant wait till they start asking for preorders for halo 6. guaranteed the people who avoid this forum will be here talking about how they've always listened to us and how everything has changed

120% just feels super fast, what about 110%

I used crude measuring so I'm going to go frame by frame and if there's time to spare I'll try out the 110% and see how it compares. TBH even a 110% would be preferred since I'm guessing it would be around 10 seconds instead of 9. 10 would be one second slower than an all out sprint and you can still shoot or thrust the whole time.

Anyone know if Optic or anyone else is releasing apparel for the HWC win? I know CLG did last year and I picked up a few t-shirts.

Looking to do something similar this year.