CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Saw this on Reddit. Hard to argue with honestly:

"And the worst part is that the divide will never go away. I don't see how the general Halo community can ever truly be united ever again.

If they go back to classic gameplay, you now have the side that favors Halo 4/5 in uproar. If they don't, we have what we have now - the old school side in uproar.

There's literally no way to ever fix this. Even if they somehow made a game that perfectly features both new-school and old-school multiplayers, with unique maps for each side so that all maps are perfectly tuned for their modes, there's still bound to be a "main" version of the gameplay. Will the new-school be the star? Or the old-school? What would we use in campaign? What the hell 343, you're still using new-school in campaign even though you finally brought back old-school multiplayer? What were you thinking? Etc.

It'll never end. This is the state Halo will always be in, and it's incredibly depressing."

This is why my idea of splitting the series into alternating titles is great. There are two unique styles of play now that are both good. (Yes h5 is good)

Follow star wars. Continue the main series with with the abilities and chief and all that.

Then have a series with classic halo gameplay, that is set in the past with other Spartans or even soldiers. That way the lore losers don't get bent out of shape.

Or flip it and have main halo be no sprint, and the side series be Spartan abilities with grittier missions. Either way works. I do want a classic halo sooner than later though

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"A few weeks ago I received an update on how many team passes were sold for Daytona and was really excited. So excited in fact, I tweeted in reply to a player saying that we were ahead of pace compared to St Louis and Las Vegas. Unfortunately, the information I received was inaccurate and I wanted to make sure I corrected myself. While we’re not actually ahead of pace like I tweeted, we’re thrilled to be heading down to Daytona early next week"

Looks like there might be less teams for Daytona

• Upvote (+1) 9

So the FFA isn't for the playlist but only for the tourneys. Only can play in customs?

Am I the only one that wants to go back to 32 team brackets? Let's just cut the open portion down, so we can get right into the main event.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Im guessing rosters locked, but CP didn't want to change their name till they had an official Team Sponsor?

Absolutely not defending it here, just giving example what I did when starting out in the UK. I'd say it probably took me about 5-7 events of offering to do stuff and literally begging people to let me cast before been paid, I even had to fund my own travel. I didn't really care at the time as I wanted to build up a portfolio and it was literally the only way to get events to take me on. However, there came a time when I stepped back and said enough was enough and actively refused gigs unless I got like at least 50£/60$ for the weekend which just about covered the day's loss of work. The used holiday days and even a few sick days to attend stuff was what kinda used to piss me off more when I wasn't paid as there was nothing to cover these.

Pretty standard fare in the entertainment industry. If events were paying you probably would have had a lot less chances to show and improve your craft. Tbh we probably would have gotten someone who sounded more like the American casters because it's a safe option that's been proven to work. Instead you guys came up with your own style and rapport cutting your teeth on smaller events.

I do feel bad for w0uld but he's suffering because we have an abundance of talent. The only thing I think we are missing is a bit more structure in the talent roles.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Splyce 7-6 Devon's team last night too

Autos were the biggest issue, so I'm happy the ar is gone. However they should keep the same radar if it's still 6 people. If they use the new one, they should make it 8 players. I would prefer that

Isnt that Top hAMs on the site?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just to put this out there, you wont see any new caster talent in halo any time soon. 

we have tried, and have been told by other people in the esports community to leave halo.

I cast for the FPL, PBL, and random 2v2 tournaments whenever i can, i have improved, i have lost a shit ton of weight, got my hair cut, cleared up my skin, got my teeth whitened, played halo at a high level every day for at least 3 hours to keep up with jumps, new metas, everything. And i know my other AM caster friends grind the same.

huge shout out to Kyle Elam for being a supporter of the AM casting talent..he is always reaching out to the grassroots of halo, and checking out AM streams and AM leagues like the PBL. 

I'm not leaving halo anytime soon, but i'll probably have to change my approach a little in order to cast another event

I dont have a problem with any of the casting talent currently i love those guys, just wish they could make some room every once in a while. after all we do work for free and share 2 bed hotel rooms with 6 people. <3

Halo is an established (albeit pretty fucked) franchise, it's not the place for people to be cutting their teeth casting. The events or streams i've seen you cast were extremely amateurish, lots of stuttering, looking for words and being scared of the camera. The streams have enough problems without the casting suffering, too. Just because you improved all those things about yourself doesn't mean you are owed anything. The casters available are still much, much better in terms of what they bring to the stream (charisma, Halo knowledge, competitive experience, name value, respectable input). I'm glad we won't see any new ones, it's about the only thing about watching this game that is bearable. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

It's odd to me the first half of the lcq is literally the day after daytona.

Isnt that Top hAMs on the site?

Yeah. I didn't know you added them
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Halo is an established (albeit pretty fucked) franchise, it's not the place for people to be cutting their teeth casting. The events or streams i've seen you cast were extremely amateurish, lots of stuttering, looking for words and being scared of the camera. The streams have enough problems without the casting suffering, too. Just because you improved all those things about yourself doesn't mean you are owed anything. The casters available are still much, much better in terms of what they bring to the stream (charisma, Halo knowledge, competitive experience, name value, respectable input). I'm glad we won't see any new ones, it's about the only thing about watching this game that is bearable.

This is honestly pretty pointless to say but he will obviously succeed or fail on his own merits and there's absolutely no reason to hope we don't get any newer talent unless your hope is that we essentially never grow and improve. Maybe it would hurt your nostalgia to have a newer face but if it's quality it will always be worth more than nostalgic feelings.
  • Upvote (+1) 2