CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Explain Reach Full Bloom with Sprint, Evade and Armor Lock

For me, Reach was fun. Not at all in a competitive sense, but more of just to kill a few friends while fucking around in customs.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

For me, Reach was fun. Not at all in a competitive sense, but more of just to kill a few friends while fucking around in customs.

Get rid of Bloom and armor lock and Reach was fun casually too. The team slayer playlist was "unplayable" because of armor lock. I loved Team Snipers in that game though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Get rid of Bloom and armor lock and Reach was fun casually too. The team slayer playlist was "unplayable" because of armor lock. I loved Team Snipers in that game though.

The thing in Reach that started to show me 343s idiocy is the decision to not implement the Title Update to all playlists. Why the fuck would they divide the TU into a separate playlist for team slayer??? Even till today its separated, and the TU Slayer Playlist is basically at zero, and the regular Team Slayer is still the most played.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The thing in Reach that started to show me 343s idiocy is the decision to not implement the Title Update to all playlists. Why the fuck would they divide the TU into a separate playlist for team slayer??? Even till today its separated, and the TU Slayer Playlist is basically at zero, and the regular Team Slayer is still the most played.

And they decided to keep it that way because of how people voted for maps. The normal Team slayer was ALWAYS on top and there for always got voted to win. Even in draws. And then they came with a statement that they were surprised with the results...

I remember how much i would be inspired to play after watching an event. The games were so good that i could watch all day then play MM all night. I still love to watch but i dont know if I'll ever reinstall h5. That makes me sad.

My friends and i would play coop campaign all the time too. A few missions into h4, that just kind of died

Exactly. I LOVE watching pro Halo 5 games, but anything more is :coffin:.

Was still fun to play and the campaign was one of the best (played it around 7 times). The game was gorgeous, the UI was intuitive and it was jam packed with features. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just to put this out there, you wont see any new caster talent in halo any time soon.

we have tried, and have been told by other people in the esports community to leave halo.

I cast for the FPL, PBL, and random 2v2 tournaments whenever i can, i have improved, i have lost a shit ton of weight, got my hair cut, cleared up my skin, got my teeth whitened, played halo at a high level every day for at least 3 hours to keep up with jumps, new metas, everything. And i know my other AM caster friends grind the same.

huge shout out to Kyle Elam for being a supporter of the AM casting talent..he is always reaching out to the grassroots of halo, and checking out AM streams and AM leagues like the PBL.

I'm not leaving halo anytime soon, but i'll probably have to change my approach a little in order to cast another event

I dont have a problem with any of the casting talent currently i love those guys, just wish they could make some room every once in a while. after all we do work for free and share 2 bed hotel rooms with 6 people.<3

you weren't paid to cast? That's seriously fucked up
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Was still fun to play and the campaign was one of the best (played it around 7 times). The game was gorgeous, the UI was intuitive and it was jam packed with features. 

cant argue with that, the story was definitely legit 

• Upvote (+1) 1

or because penguins live in subzero climates? 

they also waddle around in their own shit more than any other bird

and they're also oftentimes black and white

and they mate for life

and they never go to the north pole

snip

If we continue to see B streams (which we should), I would like to see a not well know caster paired with a known one for all matches on this stream and then over time as their casting gets better, they can be on the main stream for a couple matches. Oh, and that they get paid a little.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

you weren't paid to cast? That's seriously fucked up

Casters have been getting shafted in all esports. In CS:GO/DOTA its common to see casters be promised to get paid and denied payment or underpaid and they do not say anything because they won't get hired again. It's really bad. 

Also props to @@W0uld for blossoming over the past two months. True Gruden Grinder. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

I hate to be negative, but every time I think about how much 343 fucked things up it makes me sad/mad. Playing Destiny is such a joy - just like the old Halos. Halo 5 feels like work. 

It blows. 

That's because being good at Halo 5 and killing other players is actually difficult.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 5

That's because being good at Halo 5 and killing other players is actually difficult.

As opposed to Halo 2 or any other original halo? You're the same guy who believes that innovation (the game must evolve!) is the key to gaining a bigger audience, and look where that approach took us with 343.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Outside of armor lock default reach is fun af. Invasion is one of the best casual modes I've ever played in a video game. Imagine if Halo 5 had an invasion playlist with community made maps. Although we would need dinos for invasion  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 4

I haven't played in weeks is it time to dust off the controller and make my comeback?

lol nah

OT: I'm moving to the north pole boys! Wish me luck since I might not come here anytime soon.

Takes a lot of skill fighting the controls and aiming mechanism. When I played, I was an onyx player (nothing special, but also better than average).