CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

you are, and you are literally making stuff up

>you don't have population data

>you made up the 25% decrease in PL viewership because you don't have summer viewership data

>roughly the same amount of people watched the HWC17 grand finals as the 2016 grand finals (with a 1.5M deduction in prize money)

stick to the funny troll posts

Dont forget that team turnouts have been on the rise too. Halo isnt where it should be but its a long day from dying

• Upvote (+1) 4

Oh, so it's growing? I didn't know that more people are playing than this time last year. I didn't know that more people watched 2017 Worlds compared to 2016 Worlds. I am also shocked that Pro League has been gaining viewers too. I guess for some reason I thought that the last Pro League had around a 25% decline in viewership. Silly me. I must have been reading the numbers wrong. 

Are there sources for these numbers?

I had one game last night where I didn't feel heavy aim and I went off. Then I thought, well my opponents could just be dealing with the nonsense I play with regularly. But being able to have confidence and control of your shot changes how you play. I made the plays I wanted to make.. opposed to trying to avoid situations where I'm certain I'll get out shot. 

On the flip side, I also had some of my worst heavy aim games as well. 

It was like playing against a host BR/Carbine in Halo 2. I couldn't shoot back 90% of the time.

Can someone clear this one up for me, Dreamhack is hosting the NA PL finals so why are EU teams attending?

Can someone clear this one up for me, Dreamhack is hosting the NA PL finals so why are EU teams attending?

I think they are aiming for an overall pro league final as EU doesnt have one of its own.

May I ask why the pros wanted a Tac Mag bottom-mid on Truth? Shouldn't the reward of obtaining the bottom-mid weapon be at least equal to the risk required to obtain it? I can't imagine anyone going out of their way for the Tac Mag.

IF there's a spot on Truth for a Carbine or BR, wouldn't bottom-mid be it?

May I ask why the pros wanted a Tac Mag bottom-mid on Truth? Shouldn't the reward of obtaining the bottom-mid weapon be at least equal to the risk required to obtain it? I can't imagine anyone going out of their way for the Tac Mag.

To be honest, id probably put the tac mags in each of the bubbles and move nades to bottom mid

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Tac-Mag is actually super good though? It doesn't give the same range benefit as a BR/Carbine but it has better range than the default pistol and allows players to be sneaky.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wouldn't say halo esports is dying so much as it's way, way, way below its potential. both in gameplay and in popularity 

• Upvote (+1) 5

The Tac-Mag is actually super good though? It doesn't give the same range benefit as a BR/Carbine but it has better range than the default pistol and allows players to be sneaky.

If you're risking your life to go bottom-mid, doesn't that negate the 'sneaky' argument?

I suppose if you can get away and get into the bottom of their base unseen....but that doesn't seem like it would happen all that often.

why would there be a tbd in a schedule like this:hcs-fall-schedule-final-367dc1c8b7e24e8e

all they would have to say is tune into twitch.tv/halo starting at X time. there's no need for a specific match schedule yet

There's absolutely a point of a match schedule. In any sports league teams need a matchup schedule to see who and when they are playing in a particular week to prepare. A season roadmap map and a matchup schedule are two different things compadre.

If you're risking your life to go bottom-mid, doesn't that negate the 'sneaky' argument?

I suppose if you can get away and get into the bottom of their base unseen....but that doesn't seem like it would happen all that often.

It's something you can make a play for if you got camo. I wouldn't be mad if there just wasn't anything there though and Truth was just pistols. 

There's absolutely a point of a match schedule. In any sports league teams need a matchup schedule to see who and when they are playing in a particular week to prepare. A season roadmap map and a matchup schedule are two different things compadre.

Im just curious to know why you think we'd get that so early? I dont think weve ever had anything that detailed before a season started. And honestly we dont really need that level of detail until a few days to a week before the matchups start. Unlike other sports, the teams arent alternating bye weeks. All NA teams will play each other each week of pro league and with a week's notice will be able to prepare appropriately.

To get the most viewers, pro league dates should be announced during an event with a large audience

• Upvote (+1) 1

What orgs would you guys like to see enter Halo that haven't had any involvement before?

For me, I'd like to see Northern Gaming, Dignitas, and the two obvious ones, FaZe and TSM.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What orgs would you guys like to see enter Halo that haven't had any involvement before?

For me, I'd like to see Northern Gaming, Dignitas, and the two obvious ones, FaZe and TSM.

What about this new org named Counter Logic Coming I've heard they are an up and coming org.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

dig had an NA team back in the reach days i think and they also had an EU team somewhat recently

i'd love to see echo fox or northern gaming, or nrg, basically any org that is associated with pro athletes 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Tempo storm could be cool too
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Does FaZe have any non-cod teams? And do they treat them well. I've always been under the impression that Optic is better than  faze when it comes to being good to their non-CoD teams.

Does FaZe have any non-cod teams? And do they treat them well. I've always been under the impression that Optic is better than  faze when it comes to being good to their non-CoD teams.

I'm pretty sure they have a CS:GO team and I believe an OW team as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does FaZe have any non-cod teams? And do they treat them well. I've always been under the impression that Optic is better than faze when it comes to being good to their non-CoD teams.

Their CSGO team is one of the best Western European teams.

Their CSGO team is one of the best Western European teams.

I'm pretty sure they have a CS:GO team and I believe an OW team as well.

Their CSGO team is the #2 ranked team.

Could be wrong unless data hive is wrong but we lost every slayer, won every obj though.

No, you guys are right. I was looking at Devon's h5arena page, and the last custom game he played before the scrim was a 3-2 coli flag loss. So I accidentally added that into last night