CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'd love to know why there's no EU LAN final this season (I'm guessing costs/logistics?). I went to both finals last year and had an absolute blast; both events were well supported and the atmosphere was sooo good.

Just seems a shame not to be able to send the EU teams off to DreamHack without a "live" event...

I know what you mean, its awesome to see EU/NA play against each other outside of worlds but i was also really looking forward to attending a LAN final again.  I suppose its more surprising with how good fall finals were and how quickly they sold out, as well as how good gfinity London was.  Maybe this will change for Fall 2017 season.

• Upvote (+1) 1

EU teams for next season:

• FabE - Mose, Respectful, Phlux and either Snipedrone or Qristola or Kimbo or Jimbo
  • Supremacy - (assuming they've not changed) SLG, Solar, Frager, Punishr
  • Nobody knows
  • Nobody knows
  • Nobody knows
  • Nobody knows
  • Upvote (+1) 8

another one. 

Day1. I still can't believe they changed the aiming from the beta. I have not touched H5 since March of 2016 because of it. C-3reUKXgAAvUq7.jpg

So happy to see the aiming trashed by prominent voices. Been saying since day 1 that it felt like shit and it needs to be repeated. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

We actually only lost slayers lol. We won every obj.

Devon's team 7-6 lg

And 5 of those 6 we're slayer losses, with 3 of those being really close. Other loss was 3-2 flag.

I really wish they were going to daytona

• Upvote (+1) 7

last night was the first time I've ever felt heavy aim. I played like absolute shit

Yeah yesterday there was definitely something up with the servers. My aiming felt like crap.

last night was the first time I've ever felt heavy aim. I played like absolute shit

I had one game last night where I didn't feel heavy aim and I went off. Then I thought, well my opponents could just be dealing with the nonsense I play with regularly. But being able to have confidence and control of your shot changes how you play. I made the plays I wanted to make.. opposed to trying to avoid situations where I'm certain I'll get out shot. 

On the flip side, I also had some of my worst heavy aim games as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The schedule will probably be set but ESL isn't going to publish a full season schedule with a "TBD" slot. There isn't a single sports league in the world that does that for regular season play.

why would there be a tbd in a schedule like this:

hcs-fall-schedule-final-367dc1c8b7e24e8e

all they would have to say is tune into twitch.tv/halo starting at X time. there's no need for a specific match schedule yet

Why would you want to change the aim acceleration as well, though? Genuinely curious, because I'd assume you'd dip to 1-4-5, not 1-5-5.

Side note: Never has halo needed this specific of a sensitivity selection process, and it blows

To the side note:

It's Because of the aiming system. The higher horizontal sensitivity you have, the more you feel it when Heavy aim kicks in.

This could be a reason why ninja sometimes goes off and sometimes just shit the bed, kill wise. He plays with a higher than average sens if I'm not mistaken.

For as much as people sometimes trash him on here. Ninja seems like true fan of the community here.

imagine if he showed up here once in awhile and said hi... he would get rekt by frank and friends

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

imagine if he showed up here once in awhile and said hi... he would get rekt by frank and friends

To be honest,

I don't know why they would care, why is frank any more important than other posters, is it because of his stature or his followers on twitter or is it the fact he is linked with the team beyond staff.

Why does frank's opinion hold more weight? Is he significant in any real way? I just don't understand why people seem to place such a weight on his opinions.

What has he done to earn this weight? I had never heard of him until bomb planted.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

• FabE - Mose, Respectful, Phlux and either Snipedrone or Qristola or Kimbo or Jimbo
  • Nobody knows
  • Nobody knows
  • Nobody knows
  • Nobody knows

Ramirez, Riotz, Lunny and snipedrone are scrimming as a team atm.

I think Jimbo and qristola are looking to team but no news on further players yet.

The fact we are still dealing with "heavy aim" is amazing. does anyone have an explanation for it? I've heard others say it was the servers, Xbox, the game. at this point I would just like an explanation as to why it's occurring.

Dont know how many in here use the Elite controller but I found something very wired. I got a new console and I was playing with it for a few months and felt my aiming was way off. I randomly opened the Elite app on the Xbox without touching any of the settings in the app everything changed. My aim is 100 times better and it even felt like I could run faster and move faster it was strange. All this time it felt like I was underwater. 

Yeah yesterday there was definitely something up with the servers. My aiming felt like crap.

I picked the wrong day to change my settings to 1, 5, 5 then...

Devon's team 7-6 lg

And 5 of those 6 we're slayer losses, with 3 of those being really close. Other loss was 3-2 flag.

I really wish they were going to daytona

Could be wrong unless data hive is wrong but we lost every slayer, won every obj though.

Also if phlux and kimbo join FabE who takes the infused pro league spot?

Going to get rulebook public so questions like this are easily self-answered.

ust seems a shame not to be able to send the EU teams off to DreamHack without a "live" event...

We definitely here the feedback, let's see what happens for next season, some changes are been made.

• Nobody knows
  • Nobody knows
  • Nobody knows
  • Nobody knows

Currently, the 4 EU pro teams/players are the ones wich went to worlds + the infused roster that played in the online HWC LCQ. Roster periods open up for them shortly and will be sure to tweet from ESLHalo once it's live.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Gotta have a masters degree from Harvard to figure out the perfect sensitivity settings. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maybe Splyce doesn't have such an easy time getting in Pro League through LCQ...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dont know how many in here use the Elite controller but I found something very wired. I got a new console and I was playing with it for a few months and felt my aiming was way off. I randomly opened the Elite app on the Xbox without touching any of the settings in the app everything changed. My aim is 100 times better and it even felt like I could run faster and move faster it was strange. All this time it felt like I was underwater. 

I can usually find a decent sens to play on everyday with the elite. 

It's an absolute train wreck though. anywhere between 3,3 to 5,5 I alternate default stick settings and instant stick settings. Short sticks and long sticks. 

Usually after 2 games I can find something that works for the day though.

The past 2 days it seems like the instant stick settings have felt better along with a higher sens.

It's insane. Previous to this I think i changed my sens maybe 5 times total between h2-Reach. 

Also did anyone have an xbox error where it was trying to download an update that didn't exist a few times recently?

• Upvote (+1) 3