CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I like hearing about other games yall play. Im gonna have to get on dark souls after i finish witcher 3

I got Ghost Recon Wildlands for free with my new PC (well with my GTX1080 but still) and I'm really enjoying it.

I forgot how fun it is to play a game like this with a fairly long story. I'm not sure how well it did review wise but I'm playing at least 1 or 2 missions a day and having a blast.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like hearing about other games yall play. Im gonna have to get on dark souls after i finish witcher 3

Heroes of the Storm 2.0 also just dropped, good game with good support from Blizzard.  Not nearly as toxic or as serious, in general, as the DOTA/League crowds.  I enjoy it because I can play it mindlessly and matches average only about 10-15 minutes instead of 30-45.  

LUL ok now I can ignore the rest of your posts.

It is just a preference dude.

I personally find halo 5's multiplayer to be one of the worst multiplayer experiences I have ever experienced.

You clearly disagree and that's okay

But for me, when an FPS game fucks up aiming, it is seriously bad, add in the terrible serves and it just isn't fun for me.

I will take destiny's cheesiness over 343's incompetence any day of the week as at the end of day I found it more enjoyable and based off the games popularity, quite a few people would agree (maybe not on this forum).

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Yeah I got followed by this last night, looks like an unknown AM squad

Hopefully they don't get flamed too bad at Daytona for using that name, you can't call yourself BtH and get first rounded...

Latest tweet says they're deactivating the account so that ended quickly.

That said isn't Demon D still around? Would anyone have an issue with him using the name? I feel like a few players have a legitimate claim to using the team name. Hysteria, Cloud, Demon D and Maniac come to mind.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Better than halo 5's (imo)

H5s campaign was trash... but it takes a leap of logic to even call destiny's campaign a campaign...

• Upvote (+1) 9

H5s campaign was trash... but it takes a leap of logic to even call destiny's campaign a campaign...

we were discussing pvp

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well shit...

H5s pvp is also better than destiny's pvp. That shit doesn't even attempt to have any sort of balance.

And halo 5, did?

• Downvote (-1) 14

Heroes of the Storm 2.0 also just dropped, good game with good support from Blizzard. Not nearly as toxic or as serious, in general, as the DOTA/League crowds. I enjoy it because I can play it mindlessly and matches average only about 10-15 minutes instead of 30-45.

Hots is a fun game

And halo 5, did?

Yes?

H5 has its share of issues, but Are you seriously trying to argue that H5 is as unbalanced has destiny ?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yes?

H5 has its share of issues, but Are you seriously trying to argue that H5 is as unbalanced has destiny ?

Who cares about balance when the game is shit to play. It literally feels like work to play Halo 5. Fun to watch pros duke it out, but anything more is a pain in the ass. 

The aiming should be flawless. I don't care about anything else. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yes?

Hmmm

As balanced probably not, but it wasn't designed to be a competitive shooter, halo 5 was.  So I don't think it is really fair to compare the two, when they were built around different premises.

It gradually has gone that way so maybe destiny 2 will be more competitive,

https://killscreen.com/themeta/promise-competitive-destiny/

it at least seems plausible. 

Who cares about balance when the game is shit to play. It literally feels like work to play Halo 5. Fun to watch pros duke it out, but anything more is a pain in the ass.

The aiming should be flawless. I don't care about anything else.

You only care about aiming?

Aiming and balance are both important...

Destiny's aiming feels good, but everything about the pvp design (or lack thereof) makes it unplayable.

Hmmm

As balanced probably not, but it wasn't designed to be a competitive shooter, halo 5 was. So I don't think it is really fair to compare the two, when they were built around different premises.

It gradually has gone that way so maybe destiny 2 will be more competitive,

https://killscreen.com/themeta/promise-competitive-destiny/

it at least seems plausible.

What was the "premise" behind destiny's pvp? Cheese? Bullshit?

Regardless of if your target audience is competitive players, casual, or anyone in between , a game should be fair and balanced. That's what makes it feel rewarding.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You're really missing out, incredible games once you adjust to the difficulty. All about patience and learning enemies moves.

Yeah, I've heard that a few times. At this point though I'm just trying to avoid games that get me frustrated - it's why I've stopped playing Halo 5 almost entirely. The only thing that makes it bearable (sp?) is playing with friends and even then I can only take so much.

I'm head first into some relaxing SP games until Destiny 2 drops or just playing OSRS.

You only care about aiming?

Aiming and balance are both important...

Destiny's aiming feels good, but everything about the pvp design (or lack thereof) makes it unplayable.

How a shooter feels is one of the most important aspects. That's why most of us fell in love with CE - it was fun to play and felt good for anyone picking up the controller. And Destiny PVP was really fun, but got a lot worse with the decrease of the overall TTK. Unplayable is a strong exaggeration. I expect D2 to make a lot of changes in that regard. 

Halo 5 was designed to be competitive, but between the aiming, map design and lackluster art direction - the experience of playing just falls apart. Halo 5 literally requires paddles or claw for the player to be competitive. 

It's just not intuitive and simple like the previous games. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What was the "premise" behind destiny's pvp? Cheese? Bullshit?

Regardless of if your target audience is competitive players, casual, or anyone in between , a game should be fair and balanced. That's what makes it feel rewarding.

Haven't a clue, nor do i care.

All I am discussing which was more enjoyable to PLAY, I have never said anything about competing.

Halo 5 is garbage to play at any level,

Destiny is at least fun to play.

Hell Mikwen's brother plays a shit ton of destiny, not halo 

(my opinion)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Out of curiosity what would it take for you to be ok with a new team taking a classic name like BtH, Carbon, Final Boss? Is it not allowed because the old names are owned by MLG but then how is St8 a thing now? But would it simply need to be a pro team, or would it have to have the same members that it used to? Look at Final Boss in Reach with Ninja, none of the same players but the same name. If ALG went as BtH and not Problem Solvers for the beginning of last season would that have been OK?

I don't really have an opinion but was wondering when it is appropriate to reuse old team names if ever.

Yeah, I've heard that a few times. At this point though I'm just trying to avoid games that get me frustrated - it's why I've stopped playing Halo 5 almost entirely. The only thing that makes it bearable (sp?) is playing with friends and even then I can only take so much.

I'm head first into some relaxing SP games until Destiny 2 drops or just playing OSRS.

Had to google OSRS, since when does it replace 2007scape as the go-to abbreviation?

Need 3 for Daytona as Team Carbon, hit me up.

I'm mid diamond and can either go +10 or -10 depending on how tilted I am at this fantastic awesome wonderful definitely not rage-inducing game.

Let's run games - I out BR'd ogre 2 once in MCC H2A 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Out of curiosity what would it take for you to be ok with a new team taking a classic name like BtH, Carbon, Final Boss? Is it not allowed because the old names are owned by MLG but then how is St8 a thing now? But would it simply need to be a pro team, or would it have to have the same members that it used to? Look at Final Boss in Reach with Ninja, none of the same players but the same name. If ALG went as BtH and not Problem Solvers for the beginning of last season would that have been OK?

I don't really have an opinion but was wondering when it is appropriate to reuse old team names if ever.

I was under the impression that it wasn't allowed because of MLG, but that doesn't explain Str8. Final Boss w/ Ninja did have both VicX and FiS on it though. IMO if the team has a few of its past members that used the name for a reasonable amount of time, or one member who the brand is just associated with (like T2 and Str8, 2gre and FB, etc.) it's fine. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Had to google OSRS, since when does it replace 2007scape as the go-to abbreviation?

I think it kind of took over for me in around 2014/2015 when the game stopped being a nostalgia trip and more in its own unique direction. It might be a 2007 version of the game but it has so much unique content now, I feel like Old School is more appropriate.

I was under the impression that it wasn't allowed because of MLG, but that doesn't explain Str8. Final Boss w/ Ninja did have both VicX and FiS on it though. IMO if the team has a few of its past members that used the name for a reasonable amount of time, or one member who the brand is just associated with (like T2 and Str8, 2gre and FB, etc.) it's fine. 

But the current Str8 doesn't have any original members does it? Outside of Elamite and T2 running it.