CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

if you wanted to talk to me you could, nothing about posting someone's DMs is constructive, like wow

Jebaited. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 30

i just hope that players like Snipedown continue to push for no radar and not half-measures like the proving grounds radar.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is out of left park, but I wonder if 343i picked ESL because they wouldn't want to change their settings? They know MLG has a history of changing the base game and that scared them.

I mean with 343 who knows, its a possibility but you also have to remember that both ESL and 343 pretended like competitive Halo and MLG didn't exist before they got their hands on it. I don't know if they still do this however.

Between that and everything Adam has said, it just seems like someone up there at 343 has a problem with MLG.

Might not factor in but 343 loves changing absolutely everything about Halo, no matter how small or insignificant, it must be changed and they must put their mark on it and not have it resemble Bungies. So maybe that factors in too. Who knows.

What would the people on this forum think of settings with no radar and no autos, with sprint only boosting movement speed to 110% of normal movement speed (which would also be a 110% of default settings) to preserve some advanced movement techniques that actually add to the skill gap of H5. Spartan Charge would be out as well, and Ground pound could go too but I'm personally split on that one. Thrust, slide and stabilize would still be in.

I just think things like thrust sliding and bum jumping are nice additions that could work well on their own with the sandbox of H5 but their necessity for sprint makes things more complicated. Making sprint effectively just a stall time to charge an advanced move instead of it changing the speed you can run across the map normally is the only compromise I can think of.

I'm thinking they announce H6 at e3, to be honest. MCC was H3A, as shitty as that is

Idk man. They made CE remastered and h2 remastered. I can only pray that they continue with h3 remastered.

It is the 10 year anniversary, which is when they released the other remastereds.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Idk man. They made CE remastered and h2 remastered. I can only pray that they continue with h3 remastered.

It is the 10 year anniversary, which is when they released the other remastereds.

It's not happening dude.

• Upvote (+1) 5

We need to push for no sprint, no radar, no autos to show 343i that we want classic feel again in Halo. Let the Warzone social kids have their sprint, and wall running, and grappling hook in Halo 6. Just let the competitive side have their version of Halo like we did back in the day.

Fuck that.

I don't want that shit in my Warzone.

(I actually kinda like Warzone. Fight me)

• Upvote (+1) 4

if you wanted to talk to me you could, nothing about posting someone's DMs is constructive, like wow

of all the things to respond to...dont take the bait

whats the word on next season? can you tell us anything about dates, settings, lans (outside of dreamhack)?

• Upvote (+1) 1

If it wasn't for the Destiny 2 teaser today, I would still be so pissed at 343 for not responding. The hype from that trailer has subdued my anger. 

What is funny is that it wouldn't shock me at all if Destiny 2 is more of halo game than Halo 5/6, but who knows.

Also, how was the viewership for the event? I didn't get to watch much at all. 

What is funny is that it wouldn't shock me at all if Destiny 2 is more of halo game than Halo 5/6, but who knows.

Also, how was the viewership for the event? I didn't get to watch much at all.

Viewership we havery access to was around 90k peak I think. But if you add twitter it's around 300k.

If it wasn't for the Destiny 2 teaser today, I would still be so pissed at 343 for not responding. The hype from that trailer has subdued my anger.

The hype from that trailer made me download the free trial of Destiny. Will I regret my actions?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey guys, long time lurker here finally making a formal appearance. Let me start by saying that I love the memes and the dreams that this place pumps out, and you guys never fail to entertain.

After spending a few weeks here reading posts, it has come to my attention that the community is not very satisfied with 343's running of the competitive scene.  With that said, while this place has its moments it definitely has a toxic side of it, and I can see why 343 doesn't come here for advice. Every day typically entails the same 4-5 power users continuously bashing and sometimes personally attacking 343 and ESL members.

I think if this forum wants to see real change, then you guys need to start organizing criticism into discrete and organized threads. Everything right now is all jumbled and messy and impossible to figure out. 

I can only imagine the confusion of long-time lurkers/ new members seeing your gold bar and this post simultaneously

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hey guys, long time lurker here finally making a formal appearance. Let me start by saying that I love the memes and the dreams that this place pumps out, and you guys never fail to entertain.

After spending a few weeks here reading posts, it has come to my attention that the community is not very satisfied with 343's running of the competitive scene.  With that said, while this place has its moments it definitely has a toxic side of it, and I can see why 343 doesn't come here for advice when the majority of the stupid piece of shit users here engage in scathing personal attacks against those in the Halo community. Every day typically entails the same 4-5 power users continuously bashing and sometimes personally attacking 343 and ESL members.

I think if this forum wants to see real change, then you guys need to start organizing criticism into discrete and organized threads. Everything right now is all jumbled and messy and impossible to figure out. 

Curious, though: what does it take to become a memestar such as yourself?