CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

inb4 a mod says, "Its page 435 for me"

423 :uncledrew:

• Upvote (+1) 1

For the most part (99% of the time) i enjoy reading the forums here and i enjoy posting and having good conversations with a lot of good people. Frank is the obvious exception to that, honestly man i don't know what your deal is, you just come off as a jealous child who just wants to put down people for no reason. All of us agree that the game isn't in the best place, but its better than H4 & HR (not that it makes up for how far off from 1-3 it is). I find a lot of forums trolls in WoW who have a lot of negative shit to say about me and my guild, since they're probably just talking shit because they cant compete on the level we do, and you come off just like they do. Is EG run the best? no, but they're still better than most players in the game, and its impressive they've been so relevant in the scene for over a decade. Don't take your frustration out on someone trying to better the halo community because you're upset you're not in his position, which is exactly how it comes off, and i am sure im not the only person who sees it that way. Watching your dumpster fire posts make me close the TB browser more than anything else, and i hope you move on with whatever you're doing, and i hope you find success with it, but quit being the toxic mess you are.

P.S. shit on all you want, i could really care less, but please grow the fuck up man

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Never even knew about that issue. Dear lord that's brutal. But what would you consider a better console shooter and/or a more popular one than Black Ops 2? Serious question, I'm genuinely curious. I will most certainly agree it had its issues, as do seemingly every damn game these days, but on the whole, I maintain my point. Willing to see your side of course.

Thanks for the nice response.

First of all, I would say that the popularity question isn't relevant to what I want to discuss in the same way that Justin Bieber's popularity doesn't make him a better musician than Beethoven. That's an exaggerated comparison as I'm not trying to say that Black Ops 2 is that much worse than any other games (in fact, I like a lot about the game), but even something like Infinite Warfare is still a very popular game and it's regarded as one of the worst games in the series.

Regarding "a better console shooter", I could just say Halo 1, 2, and 3 but you probably meant in the last 5 years so I would probably say Overwatch. There are other games for which I could make a case but I think you're right that Black Ops 2 has a lot of really good qualities and I played it a lot myself. Competitively speaking, it was riddled with problems like:

1. The video from LAN that I linked which is orders of magnitude worse than something like Halo 5's heavy aim.

2. Horrible lag and registry online (all that matters to someone like me who isn't planning to play in CoD tournaments) that resulted in me getting killed around walls multiple times per game sometimes.

3. I personally don't think scorestreaks were good for competitive but that's more subjective I suppose

4. The base game required massive amounts of weapons, equipment, and scorestreaks removed to be competitive (thankfully they had MLG; imagine if Halo 5 had the same critical look at settings)

5. Stuff like blur glitching on Raid SnD and other maps as well I believe (more minor)

I don't take issue with liking the game but I disagreed with you when you said that it was hard to say it's not the best console shooter of the past 5 years.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll be honest I haven't been posting a lot because lately this thread has been pretty wild. 

I'm bummed to see pros shitting on this community. Is calling someone out for drive by posting that big of a deal? Look, if all you do is spam your own content and self promote but when told to be involved with the community you get angry and whine about it on Twitter, maybe that criticism is valid. Maybe you should stop being so entitled. 

I don't really care if pros post here. But don't only post your videos and then go insulting the community here that has been backing you for years. I love how pros complain about negativity here. Yet somehow, they post on twitter and don't have a problem with the negativity there. 

It's also pretty funny someone would say "disrespectful idiots". Does Frosty not have any self awareness? 

still catching up on this weekends pages but dont pretend like towey wasnt ambushed by frank and friends as soon as he posted here. Its instinct to take a defensive stance when you're being attacked or cornered.

• Upvote (+1) 5

blur glitching on Raid SnD and other maps as well I believe (more minor)

Never heard of this - got any more info?

stop posting toweys content, you might get destroyed for it

• Upvote (+1) 5

For the most part (99% of the time) i enjoy reading the forums here and i enjoy posting and having good conversations with a lot of good people. Frank is the obvious exception to that, honestly man i don't know what your deal is, you just come off as a jealous child who just wants to put down people for no reason. All of us agree that the game isn't in the best place, but its better than H4 & HR (not that it makes up for how far off from 1-3 it is). I find a lot of forums trolls in WoW who have a lot of negative shit to say about me and my guild, since they're probably just talking shit because they cant compete on the level we do, and you come off just like they do. Is EG run the best? no, but they're still better than most players in the game, and its impressive they've been so relevant in the scene for over a decade. Don't take your frustration out on someone trying to better the halo community because you're upset you're not in his position, which is exactly how it comes off, and i am sure im not the only person who sees it that way. Watching your dumpster fire posts make me close the TB browser more than anything else, and i hope you move on with whatever you're doing, and i hope you find success with it, but quit being the toxic mess you are.

P.S. shit on all you want, i could really care less, but please grow the fuck up man

Triggered ^

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thanks for the nice response.

First of all, I would say that the popularity question isn't relevant to what I want to discuss in the same way that Justin Bieber's popularity doesn't make him a better musician than Beethoven. That's an exaggerated comparison as I'm not trying to say that Black Ops 2 is that much worse than any other games (in fact, I like a lot about the game), but even something like Infinite Warfare is still a very popular game and it's regarded as one of the worst games in the series.

Regarding "a better console shooter", I could just say Halo 1, 2, and 3 but you probably meant in the last 5 years so I would probably say Overwatch. There are other games for which I could make a case but I think you're right that Black Ops 2 has a lot of really good qualities and I played it a lot myself. Competitively speaking, it was riddled with problems like:

1. The video from LAN that I linked which is orders of magnitude worse than something like Halo 5's heavy aim.

2. Horrible lag and registry online (all that matters to someone like me who isn't planning to play in CoD tournaments) that resulted in me getting killed around walls multiple times per game sometimes.

3. I personally don't think scorestreaks were good for competitive but that's more subjective I suppose

4. The base game required massive amounts of weapons, equipment, and scorestreaks removed to be competitive (thankfully they had MLG; imagine if Halo 5 had the same critical look at settings)

5. Stuff like blur glitching on Raid SnD and other maps as well I believe (more minor)

I don't take issue with liking the game but I disagreed with you when you said that it was hard to say it's not the best console shooter of the past 5 years.

You know, to be perfectly honest, I didn't even consider Overwatch due to the competitive scene living on the PC. Extraordinarily stupid of me and a great rebuttal by you. I would definitely agree that scorestreaks aren't great competitively. I would argue that any streak (kill or score) sucks competitively. I never liked that about CoD personally. I can't argue against point 4 either, but as you said, they had MLG thankfully and if Halo 5 were allowed to alter their settings to a meaningful level, well we could have a tremendous game on our hands. It worked for Halo 3 and Reach (tremendous is a little excessive here, but it made the game playable on a competitive level). Also, just to clarify for the record - Halos 1-3 are, in my opinion, much better console shooters than Black Ops 3, with CE reigning supreme. Compared to what has come out since 2012, I think Overwatch is the only game that can compete with Black Ops 2 in terms of competitively viable shooters with the way things shook out for BO2. The base game wasn't obscenely competitive, but it was pliable and MLG made it into something that blew the scene up. If 343 would have allowed it, that could have been Halo 5 too, but I believe it's too far into the life cycle of this game to drastically alter anything and put the scene on the right path. Unfortunately, and of course this is my opinion and should be taken with a pile of salt, I think we are going to be hoping upon hope that Halo 6 is something really special, and if it has the potential that Halo 5 did/does, then we better hope upon even more hope that 343 gets some kind of a clue and lets the game be great competitively. I have a fairly bleak outlook on all things that are under the control of 343. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Triggered ^

I wouldn't really say triggered, im not sitting here raging, hes just an ass for literally no reason (i have dealt with a lot of people like that). its just painfully obvious that he takes his own personal frustrations out on people who are where he wants to be, and its just sad to watch.

I wouldn't really say triggered, im not sitting here raging, hes just an ass for literally no reason (i have dealt with a lot of people like that). its just painfully obvious that he takes his own personal frustrations out on people who are where he wants to be, and its just sad to watch.

I'd say writing a book to a stranger about their flaws = triggered. There's an ignore button.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd say writing a book to a stranger about their flaws = triggered. There's an ignore button.

I thought it was more so calling him out on his actions, but you can interpret it anyway you want, that's your opinion which you're entitled to. 

Also, I played 10-20 games of MCC classic H2 over the weekend, and i knew H5 had heavy aim, but my god. I played H2 when it came (a shit ton i might add), that aim is so much more crisp than H5, literally picked the game up and had 30+ kills in every game, and they all felt good. Pretty unfortunate, but the H5 aim is pretty horrendous. Also, I've notice a lot lately that when i do actually play H5 my magnum feels like it shoots blanks.

#Feelsbadman

• Upvote (+1) 2

Some nV love

Tq8THs3.png

yonoe itd be nice if good players didn't just get dropped with every drop in form. Just imagine if KLove got released for having a quiet series, it's just so brash. Why would the team that won the last PL and ran second at worlds break up? Halo pro's just need to chill out and be pragmatic, and TB screaming for blood only exacerbates the problem.

yonoe itd be nice if good players didn't just get dropped with every drop in form. Just imagine if KLove got released for having a quiet series, it's just so brash. Why would the team that won the last PL and ran second at worlds break up? Halo pro's just need to chill out and be pragmatic, and TB screaming for blood only exacerbates the problem.

Dude I agree, that line supposed to be sarcastic. I thought it was apparent.

Its the same like my Ninja card which went with line "Playing too much H1Z1", both statements are bulshit ofc.

He was playing insane at worlds, I don't think anyone here thinks he sould get dropped anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Omg Ogre 2 is playing Destiny. 

Makes me feel good in me bone. 

Omg Ogre 2 is playing Destiny. 

Makes me feel good in me bone. 

Why is that a good thing?

• Upvote (+1) 9

Why is that a good thing?

Because Bungie are the best and Destiny feels great to play/shoot. No aiming problems there. 

Idk about the best, they gave zero fucks about the competitive halo community

They also created Halo Reach. And Destiny was complete trash until the Taken King came out.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Idk about the best, they gave zero fucks about the competitive halo community

I don't agree. Halo 2 and 3 were fantastic games and MLG was very successful because of them. And Bungie was always very innovative with product features. 

They also created Halo Reach. And Destiny was complete trash until the Taken King came out.

Not true at all. House of Wolves was the pinnacle of Destiny PVP. 

• Downvote (-1) 8

I don't agree. Halo 2 and 3 were fantastic games and MLG was very successful because of them. And Bungie was always very innovative with product features. 

Not true at all. House of Wolves was the pinnacle of Destiny PVP. 

Bungie didn't do anything for MLG. MLG was very successful because they busted their asses and knew what they were doing. And I didn't know you were talking about PvP with destiny. because that has always been trash and no updates done anything about it.

Because Bungie are the best and Destiny feels great to play/shoot. No aiming problems there.

It also has obcsene levels of aim assist and bullet mag.

It's like every single gun is H5's sniper in that game.

Destiny's PvP is also probably the worst competitive multiplayer FPS I've played on console. It's awful.

• Upvote (+1) 6

It also has obcsene levels of aim assist and bullet mag.

It's like every single gun is H5's sniper in that game.

Destiny's PvP is also probably the worst competitive multiplayer FPS I've played on console. It's awful.

Mainly because it doesn't try to be a competitive FPS?

• Upvote (+1) 2