CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If it wasn't for the Destiny 2 teaser today, I would still be so pissed at 343 for not responding. The hype from that trailer has subdued my anger. 

on a similar note, check out this thread https://np.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/61xgyk/343_employee_neighbor_confirms_h5_maps_play_fine/

it's genuinely brightening my day to see threads on /r/halo endorsing no-sprint without just getting shouted down.  :intensifies:

I think the problem is that it's not being made clear that the casual community can still have their Spartan abilities, radar, and automatics even if we remove them for competitive settings.

lol. they have time to test. it only takes a series or two in customs. they literally were just playing in arena not even communicating just playing. like they dgaf

I don't really know why this is so hard for you to understand. No player is obliged to play a certain setting all the time because you or anyone think they should be testing it. A two second look on H5Arena shows that all the pros mentioned have at least tried playing it. What else do you expect? 24/7 grinding? The last 20 pages of this thread have been about how 343 doesn't even listen to the pro's or anyone so why should they care anyway?

At this moment, there is no actual indication that the SA radar is going to be placed into the official playlist. All these players have a responsibility to be good in the actual current HCS settings. So they will always play more arena. Sorry to break it to you.

If you don’t think the pros should be testing new settings then who do you think should be? Social players? If pros aren’t testing and proposing alternative options then they’d have no leg to stand on when telling 343 the current settings suck. Users test and give feedback, that’s how it works. 

Pro's should test it at some point and they all have/will. If they don't test it, then they don't have a leg to stand on surely. They have no inherent obligation to be testing that playlist all the time though. Posting about how individual pro's aren't playing exclusive Proving Grounds is just plain dumb.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The most popular games currently for esports and overall are those that haven't changed for a long time (LoL, CSGO, Dota 2, ...). There's differences between them and Halo like it's been the same game, but games are going back to what made them popular to begin with and I hope 343 realise this. It's pretty clear to me that Halo needs to go back to traditional gameplay and I didn't even play traditional Halo.

Regarding Halo 4 vs Halo 5, which game is better and which game had competitive settings that were geared to be more competitive are two separate questions.

Halo 5 is a more competitive game (less autoaim, more skillful primary precision weapon etc)

Halo 4 had better competitive settings in that the settings tried more to strip away the bad aspects of the game (boltshot secondaries, radar, promethean vision etc) while Halo 5 competitive settings still have radar and ar starts.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Regarding Halo 4 vs Halo 5, which game is better and which game had competitive settings that were geared to be more competitive are two separate questions.

Halo 5 is a more competitive game (less autoaim, more skillful primary precision weapon etc)

Halo 4 had better competitive settings in that the settings tried more to strip away the bad aspects of the game (boltshot secondaries, radar, promethean vision etc) while Halo 5 competitive settings still have radar and ar starts.

I think ghost's H4 legendary settings would have been a lot of fun with the addition of descoping. Flinch is just such a piece of shit man.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can Sprint actually be turned off in the settings for h5? I'm not too familiar. If so, what's to stop 8 pro players just testing out all these settings in custom games? Instead of just shouting over twitter about what "might" work.

(No Sprint, No Radar, No Autos, Buffed Movement Speed and Jumps)

Maybe I'm just shit. But I'd rather see what new rader with no boosting and ar starts looks like then removing sprinting.

Ps i mean no ar starts

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe I'm just shit. But I'd rather see what new rader with no boosting and ar starts looks like then removing sprinting.

Ps i mean no ar starts

No boosting as in 18m instead of 25m radar? Sounds like a reasonable setting to try

Can Sprint actually be turned off in the settings for h5? I'm not too familiar. If so, what's to stop 8 pro players just testing out all these settings in custom games? Instead of just shouting over twitter about what "might" work.

(No Sprint, No Radar, No Autos, Buffed Movement Speed and Jumps)

Very few tend to bother with putting in the effort to set this kind of thing up. If I had to place money on which pro would, I'd put my money on Ryanoob. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The event next door beat ESL to securing a Jump n Bounce lol.

f5QagWk.jpg

Shit, if they had told me that Worlds had access to a bounce house, I would have broken every possible speed limit on the way there.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Very few tend to bother with putting in the effort to set this kind of thing up. If I had to place money on which pro would, I'd put my money on Ryanoob. 

I assumed as much. But the way I see it, how can they expect 343 to put the work into finding new settings if they themselves aren't willing to grind the testing process. I think it would be a great start in the right direction if Ryanoob started running 8's on some of these new settings.

Exactly. I want to see the pros running lobbies, but I don't think any of the pros want to go through the process of actually making the settings. 

edit: Please prove me wrong, though pros. I want to see the lobbies. 

And yes sprint can be turned off. The custom options we have are actually really really good. Each spartan ability can be turn on or off, and all have at least some extra options like faster animation for clamber or longer slide distance and speed. 

I don't think Halo 5 competitive scene can last another year and a half unless some very good happen. If they REALLY don't want to release Halo 6 this year then they need to do something to make Halo 5 competitive "new", change the settings or make all new maps. And I don't think is good to stop the competitive for months to start again for Halo 6, competitive scene needs stability and something continuous to grow.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Victory X had easily his best halo 5 event to date. He was playing out of his mind as was Ninja when you consider he had no practice the week before the event. I think Saiyan was good but I don't recall anything amazing. El Town on the other hand seemed to be losing every one on one fight and really holding them back. Just from what I saw.

This is completely false. Ninja played the worse on the team. El town had a good tourney
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I don't think Halo 5 competitive scene can last another year and a half unless some very good happen. If they REALLY don't want to release Halo 6 this year then they need to do something to make Halo 5 competitive "new", change the settings or make all new maps. And I don't think is good to stop the competitive for months to start again for Halo 6, competitive scene needs stability and something continuous to grow.

We need to push for no sprint, no radar, no autos to show 343i that we want classic feel again in Halo. Let the Warzone social kids have their sprint, and wall running, and grappling hook in Halo 6. Just let the competitive side have their version of Halo like we did back in the day.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I wonder how this would affect their objective games if Spartan were to replace El Town.

be much better. Spartan is a good objective player and can win his 1v1s unlike El town. El town imo might be the weakest player on a top NA team. Cratos close second.

• Upvote (+1) 1

if you wanted to talk to me you could, nothing about posting someone's DMs is constructive, like wow

So ESL is reading this thread. Also why did you shout out to @wow?

• Upvote (+1) 3