CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That used to be Quinn's job. Maybe that's why we're finally seeing changes in the HCS settings.

I thought Quinn was just Multiplayer Designer or Senior Multiplayer Designer, both of which would be underneath the Director.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Glad to hear French is leading Multiplayer Design. He's always looking for innovative solutions and a very communicative guy with awesome hair. 

Are we back? 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I thought Quinn was just Multiplayer Designer or Senior Multiplayer Designer, both of which would be underneath the Director.

Who did he replace then?

God help the guy who made that gif if he ever plays pre-v7 Reach or Halo 4.

That was me. 

And yes, god help me. 

Why didn't CE blow up more as an esport? Too early? Too niche? It's obviously the most competiive Halo title by far but do people think a game like that could have actually reached the levels that H2 and 3 did as an esport?

I'm interested in learning more about the competitive CE era but info is so hard to come by since MLG has nuked its database 18 times.

Because the Halo community doesn't have the resolve of, say, the Smash community. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can't wait for the next LAN event to see the difference between the top teams with these new settings. 

I want to ask everyone in here a question. Where do you guys see Halo after Halo 6?  since it is rumored that H6 might be the last Halo.

• Downvote (-1) 1

This is best news I've seen for Halo in a long time.

what news?

Because the Halo community doesn't have the resolve of, say, the Smash community. 

they also don't have millions of dollars dangled in front of them

• Upvote (+1) 3

So this guy is implying H5 sold more than double what Reach sold but still maintained a higher player retention? So Reach sold ~7 Mil in its first year and had maybe around 150k daily users in that time frame? That's like 2% of the people who bought the game. So this guy would be saying that there would need to be on average more than 350k daily users on H5 to match up with 343's other article about H5 having the best player retention since H3. I don't buy it. 

they also don't have millions of dollars dangled in front of them

Times may have changed nowadays with developer-driven competitive gaming, but back in 2004? Halo fans could've set their own precedent/hype, just like Starcraft fans did with Brood War. 

They did not. 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If Tom French is indeed leading Multiplayer, we will be in good hands.

The famous last words :)

Times may have changed nowadays with developer-driven competitive gaming, but back in 2004? Halo fans could've set their own precedent/hype, just like Starcraft fans did with Brood War. 

They did not. 

no xbl (h1) vs xbl (h2)

it was a no brainer at the time, and we didn't know things were gonna shake out the way they did

h2 > h1 imo tho, so it all worked out in the end :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but before people get too excited. Lets remember what company we are dealing with here:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@Diehards can you add the Final Boss name/font to the fb logo?

Sure thing.

Just starting BtH, Ambush & Envy now so should have it out for tomorrow.

• Upvote (+1) 1