CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The game is about playing Football with cars ...

The premise of a game determines its competitive appeal? Good games can have both, btw.

Have you played Rocket League before? Some of the stuff the pro players and grand champion ELO guys can do is pretty bonkers. It's simple for sure, but there is a pretty good skill gap in the game IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 9

The premise of a game determines its competitive appeal? Good games can have both, btw.

I know , but the game is about playing football with cars. Zyos seems like a pretty hardcore dude.

Have you played Rocket League before? Some of the stuff the pro players and grand champion ELO guys can do is pretty bonkers. It's simple for sure, but there is a pretty good skill gap in the game IMO.

yeag probably the top of the ladder is very skillful and the game has a high skill gap (like traditional football), but the game premise is to be a casual one, the game is literally Football with cars

I know , but the game is about playing football with cars. Zyos seems like a pretty hardcore dude.

I get what you mean now.

I'm picturing a future where there's somehow a small, surviving Halo 5 scene in 2030, Suddoth 2 is the best player and people argue that he's better than Lethul and Royal2 were.

Saw this now, it's pretty clear you just completely missed the point and what I've been trying to explain.

Sounds like you're also caught up in some hypothetical situation that we are sending patch and legend back in a time machine to face the Ogres at the World Cyber Games. Let me know where I lose you. The game in 2017 is a lot different than it was when it was on the Circuit. It favored more 4v4 than 2v2 gameplay. Regardless of player names, the game in 2004 < 2017. Ogre 2 2004 < Ogre 2 2017. If you agree with this statement than you can't disagree with the fact that the top players in 2017 are better than the top players than it was on the circuit.

I really thought this was simple enough. KillMachine's example with Quake is a great one, hopefully you took the time to read that post. You admit to not knowing much of the history of the older CE days, and obviously are not aware of the current scene, or any time in-between. Nobody here called patch and legend the greatest of all time. Not sure what brought you to defend both a time period and scene you have no knowledge of.

I'm excited to have CE at Daytona. It gives me an opportunity to show people that there's merit behind my words with how much I talk and praise it.

@@Exidrion Are you aware that between those 13 years the way the game was played changed drastically compared to tournament days regardless of skill? I can go incredibly in-depth as to why holding forward running around and timing weapons is different from completely understanding and manipulating the spawn system both offensively and defensively. If you can go and explain the drastic differences in H3 from the time it was off the circuit till now let me know.

@@Campbell was it Zyos5711?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can't believe rocket league has a sizeable esport following. It's the silliest thing to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Halo atm has nothing on Rocket League. That game probably has the best potential of hitting tier 1 status out of all the brand new IP's imo

cars, rockets and balls. all masculine af and definitely a winning formula

• Upvote (+1) 2

Rocket league looks simple and easy to follow, plus it's relatively inexpensive. Makes sense.

That mini trivia proved to me that Shockwave is still the most underrated player of all time

• Upvote (+1) 2

cars, rockets and balls. all masculine af and definitely a winning formula

I don't even like Football and I love that game

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys have to understand the mods' POV on this. This is their forum. Something they run. When a guy ONLY uses it to post his OWN content don't you think you'd feel a little weird? Like, he's basically using it as a way to get views he wouldn't normally get. Doesn't interact with anyone on the board, but posts his own content all the time. It's kinda like the classic "you only talk to me when you need something". Again this is how I THINK the mods feel, not how I personally feel. I do not agree with calling out his job though lol that's completely different.

You nailed it. Some of you guys are way too sensitive.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Rocket League is a superior competitive and casual game to Halo 5 in basically every way. lmao.

​Truly unfortunate that it doesn't have "Halo" in the title or it could be a blast to play/compete in/watch.

:walshy: 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How would a car throw a football, or kick a field goal? That would be crazy.  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 1