CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So, where does this Optic team rank all time amongst all halo teams?

In the top 3.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Winning back to back HWC solidifies them at #2 for me

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

the only ones that should have been there's was the massive collapse on rig strongholds and coli ctf, the latter of which hardly counts because this is optics bread and butter. the other two were back and forth

but i saw this coming considering how they played str8 and tl earlier. a team the struggles to close games will always struggle against optic. give them an inch...

Coli and rig are the obvious ones. Eden slayer could have gone either way. Those are the 3 im talking about.

They never really took control of truth ctf at all, so while they kept it close, they never really had a chance.

I can't wait to see the pros start scrimming on the new radar settings and see how much the meta changes hopefully we get some information on when the qualification for the remaining league spot will happen.

Also some changes I'd like to see settings wise:

1. Removal of grenade hitmarkers, ar removed as primary weapon and placed on map.

2. Remove all automatics from empire SH

3. For Truth remove the sword and rifles while keeping camo as a powerup.

4. Eden replace rocket launcher with grenade launcher.

will optic even be able to find a scrim next week with rostermania?

besides them,which top 4 team is most likely to stick together?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't wait to see the pros start scrimming on the new radar settings and see how much the meta changes hopefully we get some information on when the qualification for the remaining league spot will happen.

Also some changes I'd like to see settings wise:

1. Removal of grenade hitmarkers, ar removed as primary weapon and placed on map.

2. Remove all automatics from empire SH

3. For Truth remove the sword and rifles while keeping camo as a powerup.

4. Eden replace rocket launcher with grenade launcher.

The lack of a grenade launcher on any competitive maps is something which definitely needs to be fixed.

Winning back to back HWC solidifies them at #2 for me

in terms of the same four players on a single roster, OpTic is #2 for sure ... if they close out the rest of H5's tournament lifespan (another ~18 months?) with virtually all #1 placings then I think you could make the argument that they're the top Halo dynasty, with 2005-2006 FB at a very close second, though OG1/OG2 would individually have had a more impressive run at the top (2003-2008)

• Upvote (+1) 1

The lack of a grenade launcher on any competitive maps is something which definitely needs to be fixed.

They first need to fix the grenade launcher because the thing is a noob tube.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't see why proving grounds radar shouldn't be adopted. If we're going to keep sprint, which is an assumption built into the map design, then the last thing we want are players sprinting around without any way to be detected. 

PG radar incentivises walking over sprinting and helps mitigate the effect of the occasional spartan charge and ground pound.

Make sure clamber, slide, and jump don't show up on radar and we're golden(boy). 

• Upvote (+1) 2

New thread; new bookmark! 

• Upvote (+1) 4

After the quick 4-0 I had to stop watching - did they drop more details for the 2017 year?

Hyped to see that DreamHack event on page 1.

Legit question.

Have ESL/343 ever used the end of a LAN event to announce details of anything in the future?

It seems like we have this same complaint about no details of upcoming events after every LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't see why proving grounds radar shouldn't be adopted. If we're going to keep sprint, which is an assumption built into the map design, then the last thing we want are players sprinting around without any way to be detected.

PG radar incentivises walking over sprinting and helps mitigate the effect of the occasional spartan charge and ground pound.

Make sure clamber, slide, and jump don't show up on radar and we're golden(boy).

The only reason they would have to not include it would be a poor response outside of the competitive community.

The only survey ive seen on it suggested that people who've tried it vastly prefer it over the traditional radar.

Of course, the survey might be biased because people who hate the old radar are probably more likely to try proving grounds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

After the quick 4-0 I had to stop watching - did they drop more details for the 2017 year?

Hyped to see that DreamHack event on page 1.

No they actually didn't even hand them a trophy or announce an MVP. It just sort of ended.

Who sees Envy and Liquid stayin together?

I see Liquid staying together, they've shown a lot of potential for only being a team a short time. Envy although they made a great LB run, I can see either Huke jumping ship or Eric suggesting a team change. I thought Mikwen played great, so I don't think he deserves all of the negative comments he receives. Envy should stay together in my opinion. 

#2. Fact.

New Radar in Pro League when?

Day one.

Honestly i would give the pros a few days - week for some R&R then they need to hit proving grounds hard and test new radar in customs.

I know we have said this before, and i know it hasn't quite worked out yet, but with a few tweaks we could have ourselves a great competitive game.

Simply using New radar and Removing the AR from the starting loadout could be a big improvement.

Add game-wide things like proper auto balancing to the mix too for good measure.

The only reason they would have to not include it would be a poor response outside of the competitive community.

The only survey ive seen on it suggested that people who've tried it vastly prefer it over the traditional radar.

Of course, the survey might be biased because people who hate the old radar are probably more likely to try proving grounds.

I usually stick to /r/halo, and even they like it there, and they are usually much less inclined to appreciate competitive-centric design.

I think the prevalence in sprint means radar is still incredibly useful. From my experience (plat 5 scrub), the radar is just useful enough that it's still effective at lower level play, and yet the new settings allow for just enough manipulation that you can pull off great plays when you want.

• Upvote (+1) 1