CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That's not really irony.

What's ironic is him antagonizing someone for having a diploma, which studies have shown provides you with the means for a more stable income;

and now he's struggling to maintain a stable income.

He goes on a rant about making money because he's good at halo, yet his teammates are doing better than he is. Obviously i don't disagree with what you're saying, i thought that small sample size was hilarious.

Intel from the $8s lobby last night.  El town isn't going to Daytona, Commonly, pre dev and prototype are picking up Kaiss to run with there.  Nothing for certain, only verification is kaiss talking about it in the lobby with Danoxide

• Upvote (+1) 5

How can he make $60k playing Halo when FormaL is more successful and plays a more popular game and makes $12k?  :thinking:

I see this joke a lot, anyone have a link or anything to where its from? (Formal $12k thing)

Just a reminder that the finals of the preseason PBL cup are tonight. at 9pm Central. at http://twitch.tv/probattleleague

The finals are Rammys squad (Austin TX) VS Hoaxers Squad (Atlanta GA). PBL is all region based halo. You can not play for a team if you do not live in that region. 

I'll be casting tonught, as i do every sunday(edit i know today is thursday but i cast every sunday). Come stop by and see how i have improved, and watch some really good top AM action.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Let's be real everyone, the true cause of Halos downfall was when MLG upgraded their website and got rid of vBulletin.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Let's be real everyone, the true cause of Halos downfall was when MLG upgraded their website and got rid of vBulletin.

The whole irony is that they updated to IPB...which is what we use lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No you wouldn't.

Right, that shit was fun but man were there major flaws, people forget easily, 'okay i got leave lobby screen up if we dont get host boxes' , okay modder, okay standby , cool game

• Upvote (+1) 1

apologies, you're right i generalized, but let's be fair it is like watching division 2 football.

D2 football is still pretty damn good football..... I may be a little partial, I Coach D2 football..... this is actually a pretty good comparison...

Oh, look. It was Towey's monthly time to log into Beyond, promote his content, then leave.  :lxthul:

You could say it's his dual threat ability :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh, look. It was Towey's monthly time to log into Beyond, promote his content, then leave. :lxthul:

I thought not making and promoting content was one of the things that had to change when it comes to growing the scene.

• Upvote (+1) 5

FabE running with qristola in place of kimbo now. Rostermania has truly arrived.

Now we actually need some EU halo news.

• Upvote (+1) 3

In Hitch's most recent video he was talking about the state of console esports and was saying that CoD, Halo, Gears, and Smash should all be at the same events and venues. I think that would be sick. More crowds, more people looking at Halo and maybe wanting to play it, and hopefully bigger better venues.

US CONSOLE GAMERS NEED TO UNIFY TO BRING DOWN THE PC CONGLOMERATE 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I thought not making and promoting content was one of the things that had to change when it comes to growing the scene.

Are these videos about growing the scene or trying to ensure EG keeps these guys around so they don't get canned for constantly under-performing? I think we all know when people make content for the community like @@RyaNoob and those who are just doing it because they have to.

@@Towey just spams his shit on here (3 of the last 5 posts are just vids) and r/Halo and people started calling him out on it, I don't know the guy but it comes off fake as hell to me at least from what I've seen recently.

I personally don't care, it's just funny/sad each time I see it - but hey if you enjoy it more power to you guys. I'm sure this might make some mad, but it's just what I and others noticed in the last few months. Best of luck to EG in the upcoming season and the Nascar thing.

• Upvote (+1) 23
  • Downvote (-1) 26

Just a reminder that the finals of the preseason PBL cup are tonight. at 9pm Central. at http://twitch.tv/probattleleague

The finals are Rammys squad (Austin TX) VS Hoaxers Squad (Atlanta GA). PBL is all region based halo. You can not play for a team if you do not live in that region. 

I'll be casting tonught, as i do every sunday(edit i know today is thursday but i cast every sunday). Come stop by and see how i have improved, and watch some really good top AM action.

i didnt know this was a thing, how does this work? can i participate? is there a philly team?

Are these videos about growing the scene or trying to ensure EG keeps these guys around so they don't get canned for constantly under-performing? I think we all know when people make content for the community like @@RyaNoob and those who are just doing it because they have to.

@@Towey just spams his shit on here (3 of the last 5 posts are just vids) and r/Halo and people started calling him out on it, I don't know the guy but it comes off fake as hell to me at least from what I've seen recently.

I personally don't care, it's just funny/sad each time I see it - but hey if you enjoy it more power to you guys. I'm sure this might make some mad, but hey it's just what I and others noticed.

You could implement a system like what Reddit uses for people who self-promote.

For every 1 bit of your own content you post, you need at least 9 comments on other people's posts -- or in this case, 9 posts in threads on here for every piece of content you post.

Are these videos are growing the scene or trying to ensure EG keeps these guys around so they don't get canned for constantly under-performing? I think we all know when people make content for the community like @@RyaNoob and those who are just doing it because they have to.

@@Towey just spams his shit on here (3 of the last 5 posts are just vids) and r/Halo and people started calling him out on it, I don't know the guy personally but it comes off fake as hell to me at least.

I personially don't care, it's just funny/sad each time I see it - but hey if you enjoy it more power to you guys.

No matter how you look at it, those are cool vids and in a state the scene is right now, they are more helpful to the actual scene than himself.

Heck, I am surprised Eg didn't already left Halo and they still support the scene with their brand.

• Upvote (+1) 6

You could implement a system like what Reddit uses for people who self-promote.

For every 1 bit of your own content you post, you need at least 9 comments on other people's posts -- or in this case, 9 posts in threads on here for every piece of content you post.

We don't really mandate anything like that here like reddit does, I mean if someone was daily spamming videos then yea we'll deal with it. I just think it looks tacky to just drop by this thread and post a video and leave over and over again. I could be in the minority though, curious what others think.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2