CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If you had the "pleasure" of playing garbage H3 you probably wouldn't be alive. Game was borderline unplayable online 

Yet millions still did. People have better internet on average now too, but my point is people will put up with problems if the game is amazing. Reach,4 and 5 were all shit.

If this is a 4v4 list just take CE off it isn't a 4v4 game. Also NBNS Reach > Halo 3 don't @

Also something that is on-topic for a change. People have been arguing whether or not there is the talent for a 10 team pro league and if the skill disparity would be too high. Here are the standing for ESL's NA CS Pro League.

http://en.pro.eslgaming.com/csgo/proleague/standings/

14 teams and the bottom 4 teams are leaps and bounds worse than the top 10 teams. If this is okay for ESL then I don't see adding 2 more teams to our PL being an issue.

They (ESL CS) want to have the same number of teams as EU. Since the competition is much closer there. Want to make it so the scene gets bigger and better in NA by involving more teams and make it fair so the EU guys don't run away from NA. We have that in Halo t... Oh, wait!  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can confirm, I literally quit halo cause I hated h3

I quit halo after H2 released for a few months because of smg starts and dual wielding, came back to a much improved game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I quit halo after H2 released for a few months because of smg starts and dual wielding, came back to a much improved game.

I guess the same could be said for h3, I never came back to it but I heard the movement buff and lan made the game a lot more tolerable

• Upvote (+1) 1

What happened to the guy who made the weekly scrim highlights videos? I miss those  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 4

I guess the same could be said for h3, I never came back to it but I heard the movement buff and lan made the game a lot more tolerable

ppl dont even remember or know how bad h2 and h3 were at release lol 

• Upvote (+1) 5

But the thing is the issues were fixed so quick that we spent more time with good settings than with bad. For h5 the servers issue still persists along with heavy aim and we just got our first major setting update for hcs. I think that was the big benefit of bungie letting mlg curate the competitive playlist

• Upvote (+1) 1

tfw the next cod will probably be more competitive than halo 6.

It's much more likely than you make it out to be. Call of Duty is a casual franchise for sure, but the competitive settings of their games for the last 5 years have blown Halo's out of the water. NBNS Reach was acceptable, but it was competing against Black Ops 2 - not much of a competition there, despite NBNS Reach being (arguably) the best competitive version of Halo in the last 5 years. Halo 5 had a lot of potential, but 343 absolutely refuses to change their own settings enough to make it a truly viable competitive game to compete on a scale with Call of Duty.

I think the saddest thing is that he doesn't realize that this person is going to make 70k every year for the rest of their life. Does he really think that halo/streaming can keep him at the 60k mark for the rest of his? So what if someone has debt, it will be paid off in a few years and then they will accumulate way more money than he probably will. If/when halo dies (or Spartan's professional career, which is almost there right now...), he will find himself in a pretty bad situation.

A lot of people said it already, but I came here to say it too. Berating someone for going to college and going into debt is ridiculous. Obviously the cost of college is outlandish and absurd, and is a massive factor to the millennial generations/country's financial issues. It can't be argued that providing yourself with the means to build a lifelong career and support yourself and a family with pay and benefits. Bottom line: Spartan is an immature idiot if that's what he really thinks. I also saw someone comment about how he posted that he might retire because there is no money in Halo. Sweet irony. 

Ok, last thing about the new CoD. It will be interesting to see what kind of score streaks they come up with. No more robots falling out of the sky to the rescue. 

I'm anticipating things like a Howitzer air strike, B52 air support bombings and things of the like. If they are going to ground this in reality, there are a lot of options that existed during World War 2 to provide score streaks.

Nah dude didn't you heard CoD is literally the best franchise ever made and blops2 was a god sent.

Black Ops 2 is widely considered the best console FPS game in the last 5 years. To be honest, it's hard to really argue against that. Personal preference aside, it's most likely the most popular (by the numbers) and competitive-minded players specifically love this game. It was intense, it was balanced, it was a TON of a fun (personal opinion of course, though it's supported by the same sentiment from many, many others). It was a game you could play both casually and competitively, not to mention the competitive playlist is another thing that is considered to be the very best on console up there with the Halo 2 and Halo 3 ranking systems. Think about it: League Play was so good, despite the rampant DDoS attacks from people, that it was used to farm additional invites to CoD champs for teams that hadn't already qualified. That, to me, is like Joe Average (or Roy McAvoy if you're a Tin Cup fan) can qualify for the US or British Open in Golf and doesn't have to be a paid professional who's life is dedicated to the game. What an incredible experience. It also helped that on top of the competitive nature of the playlist, you could have two ranks - a solo rank and a team rank with players you play with consistently be it IRL friends or your online team. It offered a lot of variety for people both casually and competitively. Many view it as the reason why Call of Duty esports blew up and rightly so. 

Prepatch Halo 2 was interesting when a BXR wouldn't kill you because the first beatdown wouldn't drop someone to no shields. Grenades were a lot less powerful too if I remember correctly? Halo 3 base game I thought sucked, but the MLG settings/playlist was incredible once they buffed movement speed, weapons on maps, and created additional maps. Sure Amplified was a shit Midship remake, but I still had a ton of fun playing GBs, customs, and the MLG playlist. I haven't found a game on console since Black Ops 2 that I could truly spend hours playing at any given moment. I love competing and that's where I have most of my fun and Halo 3 MLG playlist and Black Ops 2 League play were really where I could spend hours of time. Halo 2 was Team Hardcore, but mostly I played hours on hours of MLG custom games, even though I loathed Middy FFA, I played games on games on games. Truly great competitive playlists have been something that's missing from not only Halo for years now, but Call of Duty as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

:wutface:

And he wonders why orgs/sponsors are hesitant to sign/work with him.

Spartan clearly doesn't understand the importance of marketing yourself, nor does he really grasp how important public perception is.

For instance, you would never really see ninja, snakebite or lethul make a comment like this. Nor would you see them act like an entitled/petulant child on twitter.

Look, fact of the matter is, the guy is just disillusioned  and apparently uneducated. He uses depression as a crutch, (it is not fucking tourettes, nor is it even in the same ball park,) he has complete control over his actions. Countless people across the world suffer depression, that does NOT mean you can excuse yourself from acting like a jack-ass. 

Somehow, this guy still has subscribers, which i think is a statement of halo as whole rather than him as a personality as, how many options do his subscribers have?, not that many that play regularly.

But I for one, I am not suprized, and not even in the slightest sympathetic to him and his recent plight, as it is all due to his incompetence.

• Upvote (+1) 8

This will always be one of the most cringleworthy things I've ever seen in my entire life. Imagine treating someone who pays money to support your stream like this. I honestly will never understand the people who defend this behavior with "He can't help it".

https://clips-media-assets.twitch.tv/24100338288-offset-1452-854x480.mp4

How can he make $60k playing Halo when FormaL is more successful and plays a more popular game and makes $12k?  :thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 5

I was sad last night when I couldn't check Beyond.

It looks like all I missed was a giant dick-swinging contest

now i'm even more sad

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nah dude didn't you heard CoD is literally the best franchise ever made and blops2 was a god sent.

I mean, yeah.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How can he make $60k playing Halo when FormaL is more successful and plays a more popular game and makes $12k? :thinking:

Probably from all of the donations from little kids who just want to see Spartan happy, and believe that giving him money is the way to do it.

Excited to see if any former pros come back when they announce h3a. Also I think a lot of the current rosters would disband and form new teams with this "new" game.

• Downvote (-1) 4

this is me telling the admins/mods that the recent discussions in this thread have gotten out of hand and are making me uncomfortable. I hope a pro posts soon so that it all gets shut down..

#str8gate

:kappa:

Bungie never had issues with the aiming feeling like shit lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

So if FabE end up sticking with Kimbo and Phlux does everyone see them continuing their dominance?

Im interested to see where @@Jimbo ends up.  

If i could think of a roster that would have good potential against FabE, it could contain the following players

Jimbo

Septiq, 

qristola,

slg

I dont think slg would leave supremacy but that would be a sick team with definite potential to challenge FabE.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Excited to see if any former pros come back when they announce h3a. Also I think a lot of the current rosters would disband and form new teams with this "new" game.

Adorable.

So if FabE end up sticking with Kimbo and Phlux does everyone see them continuing their dominance?

Im interested to see where @@Jimbo ends up.  

If i could think of a roster that would have good potential against FabE, it could contain the following players

Jimbo

Septiq, 

qristola,

slg

I dont think slg would leave supremacy but that would be a sick team with definite potential to challenge FabE.

Dude it is EU halo, this is like the anz region in cod, noone really cares and just wants one team to form that can take games off NA teams to make it interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Adorable.

High key: 343 is full of idiotic employees if they can't understand the significance of an H3 remaster in this day and age, especially as a Scorpio launch title.

High key: 343 is full of idiotic employees if they can't understand the significance of an H3 remaster in this day and age, especially as a Scorpio launch title.

MS and 343i know how big it could be, I really think them botching MCC is why we won't see it at all. They want to stay clear of all negative PR with Scorpio launching, and MCC brings nothing but broken promises and negativity. If MCC launched as it was advertised, I could see it though.

Now this is me just guessing btw, but it does seem insane to leave easy money like that on the table but I can see why.

• Upvote (+1) 1

MS and 343i know how big it could be, I really think them botching MCC is why we won't see it at all. They want to stay clear of all negative PR with Scorpio launching, and MCC brings nothing but broken promises and negativity. If MCC launched as it was advertised, I could see it though.

Now this is me just guessing btw, but it does seem insane to leave easy money like that on the table but I can see why.

Do you think they even comprehend how much damage the MCC did though?