CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Halo is gonna have  a very ROUGH 2017, not like it didn't already...but you all know what I mean.

Hopefully the sandbox changes that @@Neighbor has teased a couple times are actually amazing.

If you hate CoD, you hate Black Ops 2. If you hate Black Ops 2, you hate amazing console shooters. If you hate amazing console shooters, you hate Halo 2.

It's simple.

This login... actually makes 100% perfect sense.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pro tip: Never take Randa's tweets seriously

Daddy HCS is just like my real dad

Most of what he says is bullshit, and he never shows up anywhere important

ZRgNaE0.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

How do you not get it lol

The biggest console FPS is going back to its roots, and we are stuck playing Call of Halo 5

It was one of the worst reveals ever, nothing of gameplay was really shown.

Just dumb pr talk and staged questions and repeated "boots on the ground" without real proof. 

If 343 did a reveal like that they would get rosted, it was the embodiement of "soon"

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't know why people are bagging on flacated when eg was playing the best they have in a while before last.night.

Looks fun. I think COd campaigns are underrated.

Halo can't do what cod does because they're a yearly game. Cod after this could be future stuff again, followed by boots on ground again. They have more freedom. (Which is why my idea of splitting halo is great :lxthul:

There is.no trailer for a new halo game that would have people that hype. No one is going to see no sprint and lose their minds unless it's calling back to old halos

ZRgNaE0.gif

That makes a lot of sense.

Just dumb pr talk and staged questions and repeated "boots on the ground" without real proof. 

If 343 did a reveal like that they would get rosted, it was the embodiement of "soon"

Ya, but it was a "soon" that included boots on the ground. Just imagine if we got a "soon" with a no sprint no radar no spartan abilities.

The CoD campaigns have always been really fun to me, up until AW/BO3/IW

Halo 6 won't be back to basics, 343 have created a theme within their reclaimer trilogy, changing it now wouldn't even make sense. Everyone would know it's just a load of BS.

H3A being real is our only hope. H6 is not. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ya, but it was a "soon" that included boots on the ground. Just imagine if we got a "soon" with a no sprint no radar no spartan abilities.

people would be saying "proof it"

And they would be right. But the Halo community has such a hard on with comparing themselves to multiplatform franchises and asking themselves why they can't have that every rational thought is thrown out the window. 

Let us wait till we see gameplay, if it is really classic COD then good to know. But right now it is the same situation after hearing "all classic Halo games will be functional in the MCC like you know them" 

"I KNOW TONS OF PEOPLE THAT LIKE COD, BUT BARELY ONE WHO PLAYS HALO WARS2"

NO shit lmao, what a dumb insight is that? people are hyped for one of the biggest ips in gaming and people don't play a genre untypical spin off from a franchise that is only on the less popular console? 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I have to wonder if Formal is playing H5 so much out of boredom or if he actually enjoys the game. 

Or maybe he's really thinking about coming back  :kappa:

One of the worst reveals ever? Cmon man, you know that's hyperbole

343 simply doesn't have that luxury anymore after "just like you member 10 years ago" and #HuntTheLies

People for the most part know what to expect from CoD WW2 without seeing GP just yet, and fyi most people are just gonna watch the trailer

• Upvote (+1) 2

Black Ops 2 > HR, H4, H5. This is a fact.

Never understood the love for Blops 2. The original Black Ops was the last COD game that I played for any extended period of time, Blops 2 was the last one I bought, although I only played about 10 games of multiplayer after the campaign before I stopped caring. 

If any could explain, I would legitimately find it interesting. 

Edit: since this is the HCS thread I feel like I should add maybe it is because it was the first game that they showed any real interest in Esports? idk tho. 

people would be saying "proof it"

And they would be right. But the Halo community has such a hard on with comparing themselves to multiplatform franchises and asking themselves why they can't have that every rational thought is thrown out the window. 

Let us wait till we see gameplay, if it is really classic COD then good to know. But right now it is the same situation after hearing "all classic Halo games will be functional in the MCC like you know them" 

First paragraph is hard to understand. And MCC gameplay is still better than any halo since 3.

ZRgNaE0.gif

EASY MAN THE DUDE HAS CHILDREN

well, one child

• Upvote (+1) 2

My favorite game mode of all time on any game is Hardpoint. With that being said, why is KOTH not a competitive game type in H5? This is a genuine question.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have to wonder if Formal is playing H5 so much out of boredom or if he actually enjoys the game. 

Or maybe he's really thinking about coming back  :kappa:

I think he enjoys it (more than IW at least). He has complimented the new settings.

It could suck but Battlefield 1 created a trench of big AAA games going back to their "roots". This good for the industry instead of AAA DEVs following the same trends making the same damn game every year but with different skins...

BF1 -> Back to its roots

COD WW2 -> Back to boots on the ground

Halo 6 -> Back to basics?

These games have all been in development for years...Halo 6 and COD before BF1 was even announced. BF1 did not start a trend it simply came out first.

I love and play all three of CoD, BF, and Halo.  It's not a zero-sum game.  They each bring something different and I hope they all do well.  Guess I'm a weirdo.

It is a finite-sum game.  There is only so much time you can dedicate to each title.

Sure, you can enjoy all 3, there's no problem there, but you could enjoy one for far more time if you weren't attempting to enjoy all 3.

Never understood the love for Blops 2. The original Black Ops was the last COD game that I played for any extended period of time, Blops 2 was the last one I bought, although I only played abut 10 games of multilayer after the campaign before I stopped caring. 

If any could explain, I would legitimately find it interesting. 

Edit: since this is the HCS thread I feel like I should add maybe it is because it was the first game that they showed any real interest in Esports? idk tho. 

Aside from the small hit latency issues, Black Ops 2 had great maps, a pretty balanced set of weapons (for the most part), almost everything had a direct counter to it (annoying/OP perks could be shutdown instantly by EMP grenades) and the gameplay was fast, fluid, and controlled (controlled meaning that players could move around the map normally and not flying everywhere like AW). Not to mention most of the gametypes worked extremely well with majority of the maps in the game. Hardpoint was dope.

CoD4 was my favorite game in the series, but I'll be the first one to admit I hated that only some gametypes worked really well on some maps than others... Meh.

• Upvote (+1) 1