CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

For me MW and MW2 were better. Domination on Favela all day every day brah

Not as hard to find as I thought apparently. You do you boo boo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They really gave AMs five days notice...

The worst part is that this is still an improvement for the HCS

I mean he's a kid

Wears beanies when it is warm outside

Has a clear case of bitch face and a condescending tone... So no I wouldn't want to get a beer with the guy, but he's damn good at Halo.

I wear beanies when its warm, and its warm 10 months a year in SoCal  :mj:

edit:  GOLD BAR BITCHES YEEEEAAAAH

Welcome! Best memes are on the left, a monument to Mike killing PJ is on the right  :kappa:

here's a relevant sample of my XBL inbox thanks to my uncontrollable urge to teabag anyone and everyone in matchmaking

bHmS79W.png

You're* bagging*  :kappa:

RIP Halo EU. 

@@Batchford might have a chance to win something now. :simms: <3

Nah. inb4 being picked up and dropped from Infused  :simms:

I know this is so true... which makes me so sad... 

You're not wrong, but its a VERY logical assumption to make.  current trends combined with the type of game halo was when it was growing enormously.

99% of what is talked about here is opinion with no way of "knowing" anything with absolutely certainty. If everybody followed your advice here conversation would grind to a halt and this place would be a ghost town lol.

If the next CoD doesn't sell 25% more than IW i will eat my hat.  Same if Halo 6 is a game that truly goes back to its roots with all the standard features working day one.

25% might be a bit much. CoD has had a pretty bad reputation recently, the same issue as Halo but to a lesser extent. The games are not really CoD, so it may take some time for the sales figures to recover.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Black Ops 2 is like the Halo 3 of COD. The only difference is that when you say H3 the best you'll always get some ppl saying "no H2 was better". Its pretty hard to find someone that will disagree with you when you say BO2 is the best COD ever from a competitive standpoint. Thats what I've experienced anyway.

Blop2 is the h2 of cod. The clear best :lxthul:
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

And if that did happen and the sales and playerbase were still bad what would you blame then?

I mean I see you people post stuff like this all the time but at the end of the day, what evidence at all do you have that it would do better? It's just a guess. Maybe it could be an educated one but it's just a guess nonetheless.

Well we have plenty of evidence that suggests that changes to the halo formula is not what the market wants.

We also know that H3 was wildly successful - remaining a top xbl game for over 3 years straight. After 3 years of dominance, the fact that Bungie buckled and changed Halo dramatically in the face of stiffening competition is baffling- all signs pointed to the market REALLY REALLY liking halo the way it was.

Basically we have 10 years worth of evidence of what doesn't work. It's past time to try out a formula that had broken records in terms of both sales and retention.

Sure maybe that style of game has fallen out of favor since then, but we have no way to know, because H4 and 5 share so little in common with it, and mcc was a disaster.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And if that did happen and the sales and playerbase were still bad what would you blame then? 

I mean I see you people post stuff like this all the time but at the end of the day, what evidence at all do you have that it would do better? It's just a guess. Maybe it could be an educated one but it's just a guess nonetheless.

It's easy enough for you to say it would be better, that it would have more players, that it's what it needs to do, but at the end of the day you're thinking emotionally. And decisions based on that are not always the best. Note I am not saying I don't think such a move is a bad idea, I'm simply pointing out that stating things like this as a fact based on nostalgia and personal feelings is NOT how reality always works.

This new COD game that even has me excited (and I haven't been excited since COD4) has been in development for like 3+ years most likely. When everyone was screaming at Infinity Ward for Infinite Warfare this game was being developed. When Halo 5 came out they weren't designing Halo 6 like they are right now.

So like I said if it's your opinion that it would do better fine. I agree (I really really like thrust though) for the most part but I what I don't agree is when people say they know as a fact that it would do better and all those other things when you don't.

But it's really not an opinion. Something would have happened, and almost every indication seems to point towards one conclusion.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well said. The way people cry about teabagging is hilarious. 

I think people are failing to make a distinction between (1) being triggered, upset, whining etc. when they see teabagging in-game or are teabagged themselves and (2) thinking that bagging is just sort of immature and stupid.  I'm not upset by bagging (if someone perfect-kills me when they're one-shot, I ain't even mad if they start bagging), I just think the players who go overboard on doing it are a little pathetic/immature etc.

I think people are failing to make a distinction between (1) being triggered, upset, whining etc. when they see teabagging in-game or are teabagged themselves and (2) thinking that bagging is just sort of immature and stupid.  I'm not upset by bagging (if someone perfect-kills me when they're one-shot, I ain't even mad if they start bagging), I just think the players who go overboard on doing it are a little pathetic/immature etc.

I just don't understand how teabagging correlates to someone being pathetic or immature? I use it as a psychological tool. 

Your statement is an example of someone giving too much credence to a meaningless video game action. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm starting to understand now.

Starting to see that radar, ar and all spartan abilities are just cancer.

I feel so stupid not seeing all this before.

I think you're going a bit too far. I definitely wouldn't call them cancer. I think they're honest features trying to make their way in this industry who have just fallen in with the wrong crowd, is all.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Jimbo confirmed on wonderboy's stream that mose and respectful have now gone off as a to2

I know its not as simple as it sounds but man i would of loved for @@Jimbo & @@TUFOXY to have came to NA for the Summer as a To2

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think you're going a bit too far. I definitely wouldn't call them cancer. I think they're honest features trying to make their way in this industry who have just fallen in with the wrong crowd, is all.

They came in unwarranted and toxic to the environment and reproduced themselves at an alarming rate that reminded Halo of its mortality.

Sounds like cancer.

• Upvote (+1) 6

They came in unwarranted and toxic to the environment and reproduced themselves at an alarming rate that reminded Halo of its mortality.

I don't think halo needed reminding of its mortality.

Sounds like cancer.

They had a respectable role in many previous shooters who came to be taken advantage of and disliked after becoming friends with 343.

Sounds like bad influences.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Except Reach was a step backwards from h3 and a departure from core principles.

If you want to continue believing in this fantasy that Halo Reach was a complete disaster of a game and single-handedly caused the fall of Halo from mainstream, then be my guest, but the fact is that it was an immensely popular game that did not have severe population drops until the release of Halo 4. It fixed issues with H3 such as the completely random BR spread + slow gameplay, and while it had its own drawbacks in competitive play, they were actually fixed over time. The reason Halo 3 kept such a strong population after so many years even while Reach had a very high population was because there were fans who preferred those classic settings and Halo was the king of the console FPS market. Those older fans and newer fans both flocked to Halo 4, which many thought would be a return to a H2/H3 style of gameplay. When halo 4 miserably failed the older fans abandoned Halo forever (inb4 catastrophic MCC failure) and newer fans ended up just going over to the brand new Call of Duty game, Black Ops II. Reach should not take the blame for the failures of Halo 4 and MCC to live up to the Halo prestige, when Halo Reach had an amazing campaign, diversified multiplayer, many offline options, and (eventually) good competitive settings.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I know its not as simple as it sounds but man i would of loved for @@Jimbo & @@TUFOXY to have came to NA for the Summer as a To2

Serious question: Which NA team would take them?  I guess they could probably get onto an AM team, if they want to go that route.  I just don't see it.

Am I the only one have trouble killing people that are one shot? I feel when I put 4-5 bullets into someone's skull/body you should die.

Right there with ya

If you want to continue believing in this fantasy that Halo Reach was a complete disaster of a game and single-handedly caused the fall of Halo from mainstream, then be my guest, but the fact is that it was an immensely popular game that did not have severe population drops until the release of Halo 4. It fixed issues with H3 such as the completely random BR spread + slow gameplay, and while it had its own drawbacks in competitive play, they were actually fixed over time. The reason Halo 3 kept such a strong population after so many years even while Reach had a very high population was because there were fans who preferred those classic settings and Halo was the king of the console FPS market. Those older fans and newer fans both flocked to Halo 4, which many thought would be a return to a H2/H3 style of gameplay. When halo 4 miserably failed the older fans abandoned Halo forever (inb4 catastrophic MCC failure) and newer fans ended up just going over to the brand new Call of Duty game, Black Ops II. Reach should not take the blame for the failures of Halo 4 and MCC to live up to the Halo prestige, when Halo Reach had an amazing campaign, diversified multiplayer, many offline options, and (eventually) good competitive settings.

Can we just ban Reach kids ??
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Am I the only one have trouble killing people that are one shot? I feel when I put 4-5 bullets into someone's skull/body you should die.

Yup. Anything but super connection and the hitbox on the head becomes smaller than Halo 5's esports influence.

• Upvote (+1) 3