CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Halo is not dead nor is it dying.

Not as popular at its peak != dying.

Declining is a much better word in my opinion.I personally think that it has the potential to come back though I doubt we'll ever see h3 levels of popularity or player retention ever again.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Fabe is playing without Jimbo and TuFoxy atm :mj:

Who are they playing with? Kimbo and...?

I respect it

To your face I'll call you Subzero but know that behind your back - Lil Peng all the way. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

agreed xD but I didnt choose the name because of MK just let that be known

You're just trying to steal some of Frosty's power with these Space Jam shenanigans. :kappa:

Though I would like it to be a Running Man reference too.

Phlux

Just seen this myself, what is going on? Tbh i would have picked up kimbo in the first place and kept Jimbo.

They may still dominate EU but def dont see this improving them against NA.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Is irrelevant a better term? The biggest Halo story in the past like 10 years was about how shit the venue was for World's. That doesn't scream popular game to me.
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Halo is relatively irrelevant. I know you love 343 and all, but it is what it is. I haven't played the damn game in over a year and will probably not purchase Halo 6. Love watching competitive matches, but that's about it. Destiny is 10 times more fun to play than Halo 5 in my opinion. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Is irrelevant a better term? The biggest Halo story in the past like 10 years was about how shit the venue was for World's. That doesn't scream popular game to me.

Not really. The biggest Halo story in the last 10 years was MCC announcement. Worlds venue drama appeared bigger than it actually was because of the echo chamber. The main tweet circulating was something like 1m+ views despite the amount of people picking up the story for the sake of drama.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Some of you have a very weird view of Frostys personality. Honestly one of the chillest dudes I've ever seen. If the actually pros getting bagged stop taking it seriously 30 seconds after it happens and never take it personal, why can't the viewers? it's just bagging, not even real shit talk Skype/Discord/Party chat has made you all pussies.

Well said. The way people cry about teabagging is hilarious. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some of you have a very weird view of Frostys personality. Honestly one of the chillest dudes I've ever seen. If the actually pros getting bagged stop taking it seriously 30 seconds after it happens and never take it personal, why can't the viewers? it's just bagging, not even real shit talk Skype/Discord/Party chat has made you all pussies.

I really enjoy it and people who are notorious for it generally aren't ragers taking their frustration out, they're just fucking with the opposition. Really good example I saw recently was this SF V game where he just opens him up with the mind games. Even if you don't watch fighting games I guarantee this will entertain you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m76WetsmYl0

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just seen this myself, what is going on? Tbh i would have picked up kimbo in the first place and kept Jimbo.

They may still dominate EU but def dont see this improving them against NA.

I dont have a clue, but it used to be Mose, Bran, Kimbo and Snakey. They dropped snakey and picked up TuFoxy, then droped Kimbo for Jimbo.

Now TuFoxy has quit Halo 5 apparently and Kimbo is back on the team. I wonder was it TuFoxy who went for Jimbo over Kimbo.

Halo is relatively irrelevant. I know you love 343 and all, but it is what it is. I haven't played the damn game in over a year and will probably not purchase Halo 6. Love watching competitive matches, but that's about it. Destiny is 10 times more fun to play than Halo 5 in my opinion. 

How do you define relevant? That is such a meaningless term. Halo is still the premier Xbox exclusive, H5 sold millions and H6 will also without a doubt sell millions.

If that's considered irrelevant then there's probably less than 10 ​relevant ​series in the entire gaming industry. 

The series is not as popular as it used to be, that's not being disputed by anyone. But dying or irrelevant is just straight up hyperbole.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

If H5 can't even break top 10 most played on its EXVLUSIVE console then where the hell else is it relevant? 

It's struggling to maintain a spot in the top 20.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just my opinion but I think Jimbo is a tad over rated which is understandable considering he's by far the most popular EU player. Phlux on the other hand is very understated and has gone about his business at the top of the EU scene very constantly. The thing I will always get reminded of when I watch or play against Phlux is MM is how good his pistol shot is. I think it's fair to say it's definitely one of, if not, the best in Europe. So now, with the new updated settings, I really do believe he'll thrive on this Fabe team. This roster change can only be a good thing of the EU scene in general. Although Kimbo's a very strong player, I just hope TuFoxy comes back to complete on this squad and hopefully Fabe can fly them out to some NA open events. 

It's been getting consistently worse for about 7 years and the only thing that has SLOWED (not reversed) that process has been Microsoft blindly dumping a bunch of money into a poorly managed eSports program. It's certainly not doing well by any reasonable stretch of the imagination. I'm curious how abysmal the series reputation and population would need to be before it would finally qualify as "dying" by your personal definition.

It's been getting consistently worse for about 7 years and the only thing that has SLOWED (not reversed) that process has been Microsoft blindly dumping a bunch of money into a poorly managed eSports program. It's certainly not doing well by any reasonable stretch of the imagination. I'm curious how abysmal the series reputation and population would need to be before it would finally qualify as "dying" by your personal definition.

I think you guys are talking about different things.

Is halo dying? No. Halo isn't as successful as it was before (in a less scrutinised, less cluttered market) but is still successful in sales and ongoing revenue (warzone and req packs)

Is the esports element dying? In my opinion no, but the decline here is much more marked.