CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Just get Cursed Lemon on there and let him scream at 343 for how dumb they are. I still go back and watch the episode where we saw all the shit that was going to be in h5 and Lemon really went off. Still makes me happy.

This came out in the middle of 2012, not sure a lot of people have seen it

https://youtu.be/T5ItTXmzjqo

• Upvote (+1) 5

Are you being facetious cause that reasoning sounds really conspiracy theory-like, but by all means, elaborate.

Nope, that happened for an article Moa wrote about missing game-modes in Halo 5. I was told that directly.

The people who instituted that are no longer at the studio, and we ended up getting some copies after the game came out - but at that point we missed the "pre-launch" review period obviously. 

Par for the course really. I think that was the moment when I realized we held a little weight.

Not the type of player LG needs.

Also Ninja and Danoxide tilting would be catastrophic lmao

LG needs a slayer, he's a slayer. But yeah them tilting would be bad. Just saying in terms of playstyles it feels right, not necessarily personality wise.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll disagree with that statement. 

Casual settings can be fun forever just as easily as competitive settings are. Pitting the two against each other is dumb. 

Have casual settings, have competitive settings. Makes most people happy.  

The setup worked perfectly fine for the previous Halo's. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Casual settings can be fun forever just as easily as competitive settings are. Pitting the two against each other is dumb. 

How many completely casual games hold peoples attention for much longer than that? I would argue that there are none, but there are absolutely competitive games that people can play casually for a long time and enjoy.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm thinking we should start preparing a required viewing list for Hitch for his research for the Halo Doc he's making: Here's some off the top of my head:

Every Episode of Walshy's Halo History:

Ghandi's Halo History Series:

I'm sure Hitch will find each of these on his own but I know there's some obscure videos we'll need to bring to his attention. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I think he is referring to how insistent they are that EVERYBODY play the casual settings, instead of catering it to the community that is playing the gamemode.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Fiesta is fun forever? Infection is fun forever? Nah man. Casual is that casual gaming, not grinding for 100+ hours , competitive provides that

Don't forget about the response from Summit1g

Buy guyz Halo 5 was designed for sprint and radar! Take those out and the game breaks!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think he is referring to how insistent they are that EVERYBODY play the casual settings, instead of catering it to the community that is playing the gamemode.

But the casual crowd believes they are catering the competitive community's wants and desires in gameplay. They tried to force both groups into the same group. It just doesn't work. People want an Arena like playlist, with radar, with forge maps, with new maps. Comp players want an Arena like playlist with no radar, no autos, no dlc maps, maybe forge, maybe other modified settings. Neither side is being represented in what should be the definitive core playlist. It's a hybrid that pleases very few. 

The people who like to pickup and play this game casually don't play this game. My friends fled the scene within a week or two maybe. They couldn't play at my rank, and hated feeling responsible for losing. That is not a casual setting at all. I know they have a social list now, whether or not that actually works I have no idea. I left after accomplishing what I set out to do, because I had no friends left wanting to play. 

H3/Reach populations were just fine serving both sides of the coin. 

Fiesta is fun forever? Infection is fun forever? Nah man. Casual is that casual gaming, not grinding for 100+ hours , competitive provides that

Referring to the "core" settings as casual, since that is the general consensus between casual/competitive. And there are people that love the shit out of Infection. Don't tell me you didn't get to experience the fun that it was in H2. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I had more fun with infection custom games during H3 than anything else so yeah. It depends what you're looking for.

How many completely casual games hold peoples attention for much longer than that? I would argue that there are none, but there are absolutely competitive games that people can play casually for a long time and enjoy.

Look at how long most CoDs last in the most played lists.

Danoxide just said on stream that he doesn't know if he's sticking with his current team (he didn't sound optimistic) ... not exactly mind-blowing news, but, yeah

edit: he also said Cratos lost the Str8 series for them (called him out on his performance in games 1-2)

Danoxide to eg

I had more fun with infection custom games during H3 than anything else so yeah. It depends what you're looking for.

So you have fun with h5 infection just the same then?

Look at how long most CoDs last in the most played lists.

Confused as to what your point is?

I didn't make any plans to go yet but am considering it. I want to attend the event but LAN CE at night. You guys down? Trying to gather equipment throughout this week.

I'm definitely in for ATL now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So you have fun with h5 infection just the same then?

No because I'm more interested in competitive Halo now.

Back then I preferred casual stuff.