CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

1M on anything, from any business, is rarely just a drop in the bucket. Sure companies take risks sometimes and pay for it but you rarely have a business just front 1M outright. If that was the case any of these triple A devs would be forking that, and more, over for esport growth and call it marketing. 1M is a lot and 343 doesn't have to give anything but they choose to.

This is true. But given the massive growth trajectory of esports, MS would be downright silly to not continue trying to break in. Capitalizing on the opportunity to cultivate a fan base that will purchase esports related digital goods, and draw advertisers to event productions is a no-brainer. The earning potential greatly outweighs the cost.

If I'm MS, my thought isn't "HCS costs to much" or "it isn't worth it" My thought is "The people I've charged with managing this investment have done a bad job." I'd get someone who knows what they are doing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

1M on anything, from any business, is rarely just a drop in the bucket. Sure companies take risks sometimes and pay for it but you rarely have a business just front 1M outright. If that was the case any of these triple A devs would be forking that, and more, over for esport growth and call it marketing. 1M is a lot and 343 doesn't have to give anything but they choose to.

Most triple A devs don't have daddy M$ backing them, but I hear ya

Also Microsoft markets the games, 99% sure, not 343

THIS 100 times!!!!!

You see you have just hit the nail on the head.

I love halo games but I just don't consider this to be a halo game.

The gameplay contradicts the gameplay that I associate with halo, it started in reach and has only gone further and further away from the formula, yes I consider halo 5 to be further away from classic halo than halo 4

The dependence on auto's and radars means players crawled around and just stared at their radar.

The ar becoming a power weapon has ruined virtually all playlists. People just run around now and spray and pray, this is compounded by fucking spartan charge which in my opinion is the single worst addition to this franchise. It completely contradicts classic halo gameplay. These two factors have watered down halo. No longer is halo a game about precision shooting and positioning.

Next, the abilities my god. It makes just moving a complicated precedure, I do not want to have to, run, slide, jump, scope in/stabilize and thrust to get onto FUNDAMENTAL power positions. I get it they wanted to add a skill gap back in but to make movement as complicated wasn't really necessary and does detract new players. Classic halo was loved for its simplicity. The movement is compounded by the fact that the servers/aim are bolloxed.

Add on the following:

The abundance of power weapons

Bad maps

Questionable spawns

Btb reduced to forge maps only

Bad match making I.e you are secretly punished for solo queuing

Meaningless ranks

Stupid cheap features, ground pound, splinters

Ridiculous auto aim on all guns besides the pistol

I mean I just don't understand the appeal

• Downvote (-1) 2

I grinded the game at launch to play in the HWC '16 OQs. So I have a decent SR. Now, I play solely on a smurf just due to frustration.

New settings are great. But the game itself is still fundamentally broken (Aim, ranks, MM)

Completely agree with both statements. The game just feels akward! I can't put my finger on it but it's a heavily modified version of Halo. It's probably because the weapons and gunplay are not fun to shoot. Also the aim assist is entirely too low for a controller. This isn't PC my goodness. Overall though Halo 5 is the first halo game I truly don't enjoy! Sad.

• Downvote (-1) 9

THIS 0.01 times!!!!!

Your so lame. Like you were probably that kid in High School that got slapped for being ugly.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 46

Anyone know of an 8th team I can use for this test? Str8 havent really scrimmed one of these teams in a while. Who did Protos team scrim the other day and whos on that team?

Jkx7ZAl.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone know of an 8th team I can use for this test? Str8 havent really scrimmed one of these teams in a while. Who did Protos team scrim the other day and whos on that team?

Prototype, Devon, Commonly, El Town

• Upvote (+1) 1

At least Halo was good once :kappa:

Arsenal won like 4 Premierships in a row, when Arsenal had great Players like Bergkamp and Henry
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

In 39 months, H3 only spend 3 months outside of the top2.

Reach was out of the top 2 in a month.

Halo 3 didnt drop out of the top 3 in until Reach arrived. Reach was in 6th when H4 launched which was just 2 years later.

It's not just about population, it's about Halo's standing in the market. Reach tarnished that.

Halo 3 had much fewer FPS titles to compete with. The only thing Reach tarnished was competitive settings at launch; other than that, Reach was positively viewed by the average gamer. It had much more variety than any previous Halos, online and offline.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Your so lame. Like you were probably that kid in High School that got slapped for being ugly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Arsenal won like 4 Premierships in a row, when Arsenal had great Players like Bergkamp and Henry

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

• Upvote (+1) 6

no they did not

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3 had much fewer FPS titles to compete with. The only thing Reach tarnished was competitive settings at launch; other than that, Reach was positively viewed by the average gamer. It had much more variety than any previous Halos, online and offline.

Don't give the competition argument. It went head to head with MW and MW2. Plus several other titles that pulled huge followings.

• Upvote (+1) 6

no they did not

Arsenal is the third most winningest Club in the History of English Football.

They won from 2001-2005:

2 premier leagues

3 FA Cups

3 Community Shields.

Yeah they haven't won anything in 12 years, but at least they display a beautiful football style.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That's just not true. Halo 3 still had to go against the best or second best CoD of all time. Battlefield was also out at this time. Reach was viewed as the WTF is this by the average gamer. I was a freshman in college when Halo 3 released and in the first of my 2 senior years(ya I'm that kinda guy) when Reach came out. My entire campus played halo 3. They even set up weekly tournaments where there were literally 24-30 teams of 4 every week and at least 75-100 people that just came to watch it on the projectors. They tried to do the same thing when reach launched and it drew maybe 8 teams the first couple weeks and then 2 or 3 a week until it stopped. For the next year and a half people still played halo 3 on the LAN network everyday and most were casuals playing stupid gametypes. I could not disagree more that Reach was positively reviewed by the average game or gamer of any type.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Arsenal is the third most winningest Club in the History of English Football.

They won from 2001-2005:

2 premier leagues

3 FA Cups

3 Community Shields.

Yeah they haven't won anything in 12 years, but at least they display a beautiful football style.

Counting community shields as a trophy is like counting online tourney wins in Halo  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Counting community shields as a trophy is like counting online tourney wins in Halo :kappa:

Liverpool hasn't won a Premier League in 27 years. Actually the last time Liverpool won a league Title it was called The First Division. Make fun of Liverpool not my precious Arsenal.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Somewhere A Three legged Goat just died.