CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Equipment :wutface:

I've always been an H2>H3 guy, but this post just reinforced how inferior a lot of H3's maps were.

Bungie making.me use rb instead of x to relaod/pickup is unforgivable
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Let's not pretend H3 had a great resume at launch either.

Pit with attic spawns

Construct with maulers top lifts

Guardian with a flare

Isolation

Snowbound

Epitaph

High Ground

And Narrows

Equipment  :wutface:

I've always been an H2>H3 guy, but this post just reinforced how inferior a lot of H3's maps were. 

The difference is that the competitive community had control of competitive settings in Halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 7

The difference is that the competitive community had control of competitive settings in Halo 3.

The difference is it was still possible to have a functional competitive game with settings tweaks on Day 1 Halo 3. No bloom took way too long to come out for Reach.

That and Reach needed two or three more disc maps that weren't grey on top of grey with a little grey on top. All I can think of when I think back to the Reach days is grey. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I honestly think that was worse for the esport than bloom was.

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@RyaNoob did it first

Hold the fuckin phone, you can spring jump without having to land, jump, and release crouch at the same time?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The difference is it was still possible to have a functional competitive game with settings tweaks on Day 1 Halo 3. No bloom took way too long to come out for Reach.

That and Reach needed two or three more disc maps that weren't grey on top of grey with a little grey on top. All I can think of when I think back to the Reach days is grey. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I honestly think that was worse for the esport than bloom was.

This. To this day, I am convinced Mlg dropped Reach because how fucking grey and ugly all the forge maps were. Seriously.

• Upvote (+1) 2

watching some iron chef gauntlet (after buying a mattress and taking my daughter to ballet because holy fuck im an adult now?) and i saw randa's chef brother

8006355531.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

wew lads lets not get carried away

• Upvote (+1) 8

oooh, splyce vs eg coming up. 

After every change I regained a little hope for EG but this new line-up is nothing I can get hyped about. And I don't think they are either. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

How would it be if the Halo 2 BR was the main starting weapon for HCS? Does anyone like BR starts anyway?

Terrible. Everything besides the pistol is an auto aim machine with insane bullet magnetism. Screw the BRs in Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How would it be if the Halo 2 BR was the main starting weapon for HCS? Does anyone like BR starts anyway?

I'm with mikeface on this one. The pistol is one of the things that 343 did pretty well in Halo 5 and the BR is way too easy to use in comparison.

• Upvote (+1) 9

After every change I regained a little hope for EG but this new line-up is nothing I can get hyped about. And I don't think they are either. 

k

anyhoo, bubu's stream is laggy as fuck, and nobody else is streaming, so back to nv/optic, i guess

I'm about 99% certain there is a bug with hit boxes when players are clambering, people eat 100s of bullets and don't die

• Downvote (-1) 1

Hold the fuckin phone, you can spring jump without having to land, jump, and release crouch at the same time?

You just land crouched.  Then you hold the crouch as long as you want.  Then you can spring jump whenever you're ready.

Also, in H2A/H5, the uncrouch+jump are not simultaneous, you want to uncrouch slightly before the jump.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

For those of you with at least a passing interest in esports in general, the NALCS spring finals took place in Vancouver today.

** SPOILERS FOR NALCS FINALS BELOW  **

Match went the distance (5 games) and had some crazy play. Here is the series and split winning fight to end the game:

https://youtu.be/nSWfh9wuqtw?t=364

League of Legends is a great spectator sport for anyone who has some knowledge about the game, and I hope we can see Halo in big venues (Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver) like this at some point.  :prayers:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lolesports/34185393096/ here is an idea of the venue.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lolesports/33388190084/ here is the trophy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Frosty has gone -30 or so in the past three games, yikes

edit: yes everyone, I'm aware that k/d is not all-important, but the fact that he went like 5-17 in two slayers is not meaningless lol

• Downvote (-1) 1

EG is up 3-0 on Splyce. Scrims mean nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Frosty's playstyle is to just flying around the map and laying down damage/distracting enemies. You can't single out one guy on a team that is literally dominating the competition. If it was a problem I think the rest of OpTic would know. Stop looking at K/D that stat doesn't mean shit.
  • Upvote (+1) 5