CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

H4 might've been a blade through the heart of the Halo series, but Reach was the stone that whet said blade.

Halo died in Reach .
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

who would have thought that the team with all H5 kids would be this fucking bad with no autos? Liquid is hot garbage with the new settings and I can't stop laughing at them.

do you try and sound like a ass hole? but ya they aren't as good and LG has gotten really good

• Upvote (+1) 3

I will gladly watch EG finish dead last in pro league.  

You're usually wrong about things so this gives me hope

• Upvote (+1) 7

You're usually wrong about things so this gives me hope

I think it'll be a battle between EG and CP for last place.

Or as shitlin suggests, Team Liquid :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

who would have thought that the team with all H5 kids would be this fucking bad with no autos? Liquid is hot garbage with the new settings and I can't stop laughing at them.

It is almost like younger pros to a game need more time to adjust to a massive change than a veteran playing for years. These are online scrims. Liquid is a determined group, will grind the settings and still be a top team. Don't count them out this quick.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reach had barely less players than Halo 3, had an awesome campaign, the largest and best variety of game modes + offline modes, and great competitive settings toward the end of its lifespan.

I honestly think this is just Bungie apologism. Reach isn't a bad game, but it's a deviation from the formula that made CE, 2, and 3 so popular, and it gave 343 the green light to do weird shit with H4.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What if Slayer was first to 30 then you would swap sides and reset the game? each round being 6 minutes long (3 mins OT)

so you have to win both rounds to win the game (first to 60)

if both teams got to 30 in seperate rounds you would then go into overtime. this OT would be to stop mathematically impossible comebacks from occurring to give the trailing team in the second round a fair chance.

i.e.

Red Team wins the 1st round  30 - 17 

(map reset, spawns swapped)

Blue Team goes and wins the 2nd round 30 - 28

So even though over the two rounds Blues lost 47 - 58 they still managed to pull out a draw and take the game into overtime.

then maybe something funky like if you do go into a third round (OT) where it was like a VIP game mode with no power weapons / no pick ups and the first team to kill the opposing VIP wins.

this would need to be a tournament HCS gametype as it wouldnt work if you werent playing in a sweaty playlist due to the casual VIP running in and dying but the idea is to stop the slayer game type from being such a snoozefest for most of it (AND snowballing) and then build up a storyline within the gamemode itself (and the series in a tournament scenario) to finish off with an intense stand-off.

Am I crazy for thinking this?

I honestly think this is just Bungie apologism. Reach isn't a bad game, but it's a deviation from the formula that made CE, 2, and 3 so popular, and it gave 343 the green light to do weird shit with H4.

It's not about Bungie, it's about the game that got me into Halo

What if Slayer was first to 30 then you would swap sides and reset the game? each round being 6 minutes long (3 mins OT)

so you have to win both rounds to win the game (first to 60)

if both teams got to 30 in seperate rounds you would then go into overtime. this OT would be to stop mathematically impossible comebacks from occurring to give the trailing team in the second round a fair chance.

i.e.

Red Team wins the 1st round  30 - 17 

(map reset, spawns swapped)

Blue Team goes and wins the 2nd round 30 - 28

So even though over the two rounds Blues lost 47 - 58 they still managed to pull out a draw and take the game into overtime.

then maybe something funky like if you do go into a third round (OT) where it was like a VIP game mode with no power weapons / no pick ups and the first team to kill the opposing VIP wins.

this would need to be a tournament HCS gametype as it wouldnt work if you werent playing in a sweaty playlist due to the casual VIP running in and dying but the idea is to stop the slayer game type from being such a snoozefest for most of it (AND snowballing) and then build up a storyline within the gamemode itself (and the series in a tournament scenario) to finish off with an intense stand-off.

Am I crazy for thinking this?

Too much of a "winner takes all" vibe with the rounds, reminds me of the electoral college 

Royal 2 had an off night in terms of kills but still had a 1.26 K/D. Christ.

He's been playing fine??? Where is everyone getting this idea that he's bad or something now??

You didn't see the stats for that one scrim where he was close to a negative KD??? Dude is washed.

• Upvote (+1) 3

He's been playing fine??? Where is everyone getting this idea that he's bad or something now??

He's insulting/raging a lot more

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

LG plz get it together

Nice to see the bottom of the league Team Liquid tie a top 4 team like LG in a scrim.  If they keep improving like this they might be a challenge this season.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3