CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So creating a smurf account fixes some of the input lag? Am I reading this right?

Apparently having permanent REQs increases heavy aim but I'm not sure there is any proof. My smurf had better connections a lot of the time but that could be because of less history therefore easier finding matches.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Most of us forgot about Halo 4. No joke it is the Gears: Judgment of the series. Even in internet discussions people seem to just go from like H1-H3, maybe they'll 'Remember Reach' but then jump to H5 mp when talking about progression.

I wouldn't blame Reach for the death of the series. It was a side project that was generally well received as a Halo game and once they fixed it, the competitive settings were good too.

Halo 4 being total ass is what signed the series' death warrant.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So creating a smurf account fixes some of the input lag? Am I reading this right?

It still comes and goes but the theory is that smurf accounts have less shit unlocked...and those unlockables being the perceived cause of extra performance stress...thus heavy aim.

If no one thinks of it like that, then why do pro teams, when trailing in a Slayer game say, "We need to slow down our deaths" instead of "We need to get more kills"

You really do love to nitpick don't ya
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yep, 343i had the choice to make a traditional Halo game but instead they decided to double down on all the issues that plagued Reach. Top on the dismal launch of MCC and Halo 5 missing features and the series is now the Sonic of shooters :tear:

Never thought of it as the Sonic of shooters. That hurts, damn.

I wouldn't blame Reach for the death of the series. It was a side project that was generally well received as a Halo game and once they fixed it, the competitive settings were good too.

The real death of halo came when msft/343 got involved with Virgin Gaming and froze out mlg. Mlg had 40k watch the h4 invitational. People still would have went to events regardless

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some may say game design is a form of religious conversion.  You want to convert people into believing what you believe about games...

32d3aaa7aa58796d36bfc3d836181600.png

Oh.

Well fuck.

That article has actually pissed me off.

When I first started watching Halo I was like.... wait what? why is slayer a game mode? This makes no sense. But given the alternatives its understandable. Its just kinda  random and snowballs easily.

When I first started watching Halo I was like.... wait what? why is slayer a game mode? This makes no sense. But given the alternatives its understandable. Its just kinda random and snowballs easily.

H2 midship slayer was a thing of beauty.

Honestly if all power weapons were removed and only 1 power up was on map for slayer I think it would play great in H5.

I'm honestly fascinated by Frosty's struggle to adapt to these new settings.  I'm sure he'll get there, but I really feel like his crazy movement and playstyle in general depends on radar more than he (or apparently anyone else) expected.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The winner of a game of Slayer isn't the team with more kills, but the team with less deaths.

The last time you said this it actually changed my view of slayers. Both playing and watching
  • Upvote (+1) 3

who would have thought that the team with all H5 kids would be this fucking bad with no autos? Liquid is hot garbage with the new settings and I can't stop laughing at them.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Any thoughts on why Bubu's performance has been declining? He used to be one of the best wild factors in the scene, but now he seems to just be consistently average.

who would have thought that the team with all H5 kids would be this fucking bad with no autos? Liquid is hot garbage with the new settings and I can't stop laughing at them.

Their teamwork is their strongest attribute; they will keep scrimming and getting better

A more troubling topic is why EG hasn't been scrimming every single day now that the new settings are pretty much finalized and they have a new roster.

Their teamwork is their strongest attribute; they will keep scrimming and getting better

A more troubling topic is why EG hasn't been scrimming every single day now that the new settings are pretty much finalized and they have a new roster.

I didn't know the new EG roster was final. Anyway, after dropping Contra I will gladly watch EG finish dead last in pro league.  

• Upvote (+1) 4

H4 might've been a blade through the heart of the Halo series, but Reach was the stone that whet said blade.

• Upvote (+1) 2

H4 might've been a blade through the heart of the Halo series, but Reach was the stone that whet said blade.

Reach had barely less players than Halo 3, had an awesome campaign, the largest and best variety of game modes + offline modes, and great competitive settings toward the end of its lifespan.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2