CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If this isn't tracking, then I don't know what is

63F45Oa.gif

Nah that isn't tracking... it just looks like tracking because of the tails

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nah that isn't tracking... it just looks like tracking because of the tails

Nah that first shot looks like it veers right with player movement. You can see it elevate along with the enemy jump. It acts a lot like plasma pistol imo

• Downvote (-1) 1

Nah that first shot looks like it veers right with player movement. You can see it elevate along with the enemy jump. It acts a lot like plasma pistol imo

He was being sarcastic

• Upvote (+1) 1

There is a world of difference between a projectile literally bending to hit a locked on target like the pp, vs the boltshot. Boltshot only hit where you're aiming and firing. It doesn't bend to hit a target that no longer has your reticule on them like the pp does.

If your argument is that the Boltshot is okay because you have to KEEP the reticule on them after initial trigger pull...

We should add Binary Rifles.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He was being sarcastic

I am too tired for yalls shenanigans lol.

Anyway, boltshot description from halopedia

"Now fires in three-round bursts that track enemies and seek their weak points."

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just so you guys understand exactly what @@GunRanger is trying to say...If I understand him right:

Pp/Hydra/Needler: Track if red reticule when fired.

Boltshot: Track if reticule stays red on target. Stops tracking if reticule moves off.

I need to double check the accuracy of this later.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyway, boltshot description from halopedia

"Now fires in three-round bursts that track enemies and seek their weak points."

From Halowaypoint.

Game. Set. Admit you're wrong @@GunRanger . Match

xeoZmRx.png

• Upvote (+1) 8

From Halowaypoint.

Game. Set. Admit you're wrong @@GunRanger . Match

xeoZmRx.png

Tbf, waypoint doesn't really specify which typeof tracking this is...

this could mean anything really.

I think what GunRanger is trying to say is that the Boltshot still requires the user to 'paint' the target so the projectiles can hone in. So it's not a fire and forget weapon like the Hydra, you still have to aim with it.

That being said, it's still a tracking gun. It just uses a different methodology to do so.

OT but can anyone tell me waht the fucking tiebreaker rules are for extermination? I can't figure them out. 

If your argument is that the Boltshot is okay because you have to KEEP the reticule on them after initial trigger pull...

We should add Binary Rifles.

The binary is no less skillful than the rail, or even the sniper. It was just a dumb decision to put two on coli. I even have ideas of replacing the rail on fathom with the binary

If this isn't tracking, then I don't know what is

63F45Oa.gif

This gif actually proves my point. The gun isn't aiming for you. Both shots were fired with his reticule on the player. He earned those shots. The slower projectiles actually put him at a disadvantage because the guy can get away easier instead of being close to death. If the guy managed to turn the corner, then the second shot doesn't hit.

(Notice the third shot he misses, doesn't hit his opponent.)

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The binary is no less skillful than the rail, or even the sniper. It was just a dumb decision to put two on coli. I even have ideas of replacing the rail on fathom with the binary

This gif actually proves my point. The gun isn't aiming for you. Both shots were fired with his reticule on the player. He earned those shots. The slower projectiles actually put him at a disadvantage because the guy can get away easier instead of being close to death. If the guy managed to turn the corner, then the second shot doesn't hit.

(Notice the third shot he misses, doesn't hit his opponent.)

The bolts track assuming the reticule is red at the time of firing. After that, it's effective tracking, like the Needler. Therefore, assuming a player is out of thrust, the bolts easily counter any strafe.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Tracking bolts =/= the gun aiming for you

Very, very common misconception. The Boltshot offers a wider cone of red reticle/aim assist/magnetism at the cost of having to space yourself so the bolts do not collide with geometry. Without feeding into the circle-jerk meme too much, it actually is an example of a weapon that encourages "positional gameplay"

It's ease of use might be too high and/or it might do a little too much damage but the argument that the weapon is easier because of its nature is not true. Other factors need to be tuned such as aim assist, projectile speed, projectile targeting, damage, RoF, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

OT but can anyone tell me waht the fucking tiebreaker rules are for extermination? I can't figure them out.

As far as I know there aren't any. I had a round tie 3 on 1

Tracking bolts =/= the gun aiming for you

Very, very common misconception. The Boltshot offers a wider cone of red reticle/aim assist/magnetism at the cost of having to space yourself so the bolts do not collide with geometry. Without feeding into the circle-jerk meme too much, it actually is an example of a weapon that encourages "positional gameplay"

It's ease of use might be too high and/or it might do a little too much damage but the argument that the weapon is easier because of its nature is not true. Other factors need to be tuned such as aim assist, projectile speed, projectile targeting, damage, RoF, etc.

Accidental upvote.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Why is Frosty trashing Splyce so much? I'm down for teabagging but listening to him insult them for no reason is kind of distasteful

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2