CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I hope H6 has the Halo Reach UI. That was perfect

Literally just copy/pasta it over, nobody cares if the UI is the same in every game. throw up some different concept art in the background and we're good to go

• Upvote (+1) 5

Lol this is one of the things that gets me about the boltshot/needler/hydra/plasma pistol "tracking" talk. Someone inevitably comes in with the "it's not tracking like you're saying" argument then doesn't specify what kind of "tracking" it really is. I still have no fucking clue what kind of "tracking" has been or has not been implied.

All I'm going to say is that I think we should reduce the amount of guns that aim for you. Notice: I have not implied how these guns aim for you.

I do not understand the Boltshot and Suppressor designs in Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not tracking the way you're implying.

It's tracking like any other weapon is tracking.... the projectiles follow the target.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Just because we got (some) of what we wanted after 500+ days after release doesn't mean we have say.

I don't want you to have say.  So much crap in here I don't agree with.  Sure, voice your opinion but don't think YOU deserve any say because you post on these forums daily.  Hell, most of the time everyone here is disagreeing and fighting over misunderstood context there is hardly anything productive to come out it at all.  I just want heavy-aim fixed personally, other than that this game was awesome in my book.  Not perfect, but awesome.  And its getting better. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I don't want you to have say.  So much crap in here I don't agree with.  Sure, voice your opinion but don't think YOU deserve any say because you post on these forums daily.  Hell, most of the time everyone here is disagreeing and fighting over misunderstood context there is hardly anything productive to come out it at all.  I just want heavy-aim fixed personally, other than that this game was awesome in my book.  Not perfect, but awesome.  And its getting better. 

Okay then if the game was good lets talk about why we get more communication from other game developers than 343 in the the most active site for competitive Halo discussion.

• Upvote (+1) 6

It compensates for bad aim without any control needed to grab them.

They're not needed, warranted or wanted.

But it doesn't, that's the point
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

But it doesn't, that's the point

It does though, the red reticle is very generous, and the particles do their damndest to hit the head.

It's essentially a shorter ranged BR with a with longer kill time, but a guaranteed 4sk.

It does though, the red reticle is very generous, and the particles do their damndest to hit the head.

It's essentially a shorter ranged BR with a with longer kill time, but a guaranteed 4sk.

Hydra and pp have lock on features that will literally follow an opponent. That's real tracking.

The boltshot doesn't track. It's point and shoot. The only difference is that the projectiles are slower than bullets, so opponents can dodge them easier. The tails just give the appearance it's following you. If anything, it's one of the harder guns to get kills with

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Hydra and pp have lock on features that will literally follow an opponent. That's real tracking.

The boltshot doesn't track. It's point and shoot. The only difference is that the projectiles are slower than bullets, so opponents can dodge them easier. The tails just give the appearance it's following you. If anything, it's one of the harder guns to get kills with

By "dodge" surely you mean "thrust"?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't want you to have say. So much crap in here I don't agree with. Sure, voice your opinion but don't think YOU deserve any say because you post on these forums daily. Hell, most of the time everyone here is disagreeing and fighting over misunderstood context there is hardly anything productive to come out it at all. I just want heavy-aim fixed personally, other than that this game was awesome in my book. Not perfect, but awesome. And its getting better.

NavG123 has some serious competition for #1 team beyond troll

Better step your game up man, this kid is hungry

• Upvote (+1) 4

NavG123 has some serious competition for #1 team beyond troll

Better step your game up man, this kid is hungry

Did I actually just get fucking rused?

• Upvote (+1) 4

The tails give an appearance that they are following you?

No they actually follow you... as in if you move after the shots are fired, their trajectory will change.

If you successfully dodge them, either your enemy didn't have RR when he shot, OR you timed your trust well enough to break the tracking.

By your logic, the needler and the plasma pistol don't 'track' either...

• Upvote (+1) 9

it's

• Upvote (+1) 4

Can scrims happen tonight and start now please. Can't sleep and YouTube is boring me.

Also, what happens if H1Z1 has an event or tourney on the same time with Halo?

CS: Everyone loves 1.6, hates source, so GO goes back to the original formula

CoD: Everyone loves CoD4-BO1, hate future stuff, so WWII goes back to the original formula

Halo: Everyone loves 1-3, hate Reach-4, so Halo 5...doubles down on Reach-4 type gameplay

makes sense 

CSGO is closer to source than 1.6

1.6 is like HCE it's its own beast. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

CSGO is closer to source than 1.6

1.6 is like HCE it's its own beast. 

CSGO Devs definitely did some backtracking from the stuff they TRIED to put into the game after top players pushed back, to make it more like Old Times

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now you're literally denying reality. 

Does it track to the same extent of as the Hydra? No. Does it track? Fuck yes.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can scrims happen tonight and start now please. Can't sleep and YouTube is boring me.

Also, what happens if H1Z1 has an event or tourney on the same time with Halo?

Actually I think twitchcon and DreamHack Denver are at the same time. Twitchcon has a H1Z1 event.

Now you're literally denying reality. 

Does it track to the same extent of as the Hydra? No. Does it track? Fuck yes.

It tracks, but the real point he's trying to get across is that the red reticle is less sensitive than those other tracking weapons, AND you can dodge it. I think Boltshot is totally fine as a situational weapon, if anything it's slightly weak. It just gives nice options for doing things like damaging OS, etc.

I for one hope we don't replace everything (BR, boltshot) with only pistols. We shouldn't openly reject variety if there is meaning for it, i.e. CE Plasma Rifle. Boltshot may not be at that level and that's fine, but I don't think it's harmful either.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The tails give an appearance that they are following you?

No they actually follow you... as in if you move after the shots are fired, their trajectory will change.

If you successfully dodge them, either your enemy didn't have RR when he shot, OR you timed your trust well enough to break the tracking.

By your logic, the needler and the plasma pistol don't 'track' either...

There is a world of difference between a projectile literally bending to hit a locked on target like the pp, vs the boltshot. Boltshot only hit where you're aiming and firing. It doesn't bend to hit a target that no longer has your reticule on them like the pp does.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It tracks, but the real point he's trying to get across is that the red reticle is less sensitive than those other tracking weapons, AND you can dodge it. I think Boltshot is totally fine as a situational weapon, if anything it's slightly weak. It just gives nice options for doing things like damaging OS, etc.

I for one hope we don't replace everything (BR, boltshot) with only pistols. We shouldn't openly reject variety if there is meaning for it, i.e. CE Plasma Rifle. Boltshot may not be at that level and that's fine, but I don't think it's harmful either.

But it's place in the sandbox is not to compete with other tracking weapons... it competes with the Magnum and the BR.

It has the same unscoped RRR as the BR, and is also a 4sk like the BR. The only mitigating factor is the longer killtime.

Thanks to the tracking, its more forgiving than the BR. So generally if you can get the BR user to miss 1 shot, you win the 1v1.

Up close, its simply a better weapon to have than the magnum, because you have to be an idiot to miss. Two shots and a beat down.

Variety for the sake of variety is dumb.

There is a world of difference between a projectile literally bending to hit a locked on target like the pp, vs the boltshot. Boltshot only hit where you're aiming and firing. It doesn't bend to hit a target that no longer has your reticule on them like the pp does.

I don't know what to tell you man. It does bend to hit your target. You don't have to keep your reticle on them. the projectiles are faster and dont turn as sharply as other weapons- But they track. It's really indisputable.
  • Upvote (+1) 1