CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Snip3down currently testing potential Forge maps for HCS. And it looks great.

Took them long enough.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I want to see some sort of objective (but not just a neutrel flag cuz thats boring lol) tried out for it. But I think as is it could work.

I dont even feel an objective is necessary, its quite a fast gametype and the maps seem like you can only hide for so long before youre eventually spotted.

Would be nice to see maybe if teams could scrim with HCS settings in place of it

• Upvote (+1) 1

Snip3down currently testing potential Forge maps for HCS. And it looks great.

Like actual maps that 343 have told him they're considering or just maps he thinks should be in?
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Like actual maps that 343 have told him they're considering or just maps he thinks should be in?

It's an Onslaught type map that Huke made

I have a mic, but half of the people who are Onyx+ are toxic idiots who think they have the right to insult all of your team because they aren't playing the way they want, because they missed a shot, because they choked a flag... There's also the fact that you can get matched with foreigners on your team, specially with people from Latin America, because 343 forces us to play on NA servers, most of them don't speak english so of course they aren't going to call out, but even if you are are from LATAM and you know english it isn't the most fun thing to communicate with other players because for some reason Halo is full of your average redneck racist assholes, I consider that my english is really good, but I still encounter people who think that because they are from the US they are automatically better than me and proceed to call me names (their favorite one appears to be "******"... I'm not even Mexican) and make fun of my evident accent. Fuck that people, seriously.

It's not that I don't want to callout, it's just that the Halo community can be really really toxic, so I prefer to keep my mic off.

Come carry me in plat, guess there are fewer fuckboys there  :apg:

I dont even feel an objective is necessary, its quite a fast gametype and the maps seem like you can only hide for so long before youre eventually spotted.

Would be nice to see maybe if teams could scrim with HCS settings in place of it

In an ideal world a refined version of this game type would replace slayer as a competitive gametype, finally giving Halo the more strategic deathmatch style that every other competitive fps uses.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

they already fixed Summer HCS Preview settings?  damn man

also Extermination is definitely unique, interesting, and mostly fun ... but I don't think it really works as a competitive gametype.  It feels like what Breakout should have been, sort of?  

• Upvote (+1) 1

In an ideal world a refined version of this game type would replace slayer as a competitive gametype, finally giving Halo the more strategic deathmatch style that every other competitive fps uses.

Watch your mouth

• Upvote (+1) 3

Eh...

There is a lot of good maps out there already(well balanced and are pretty). Issue with them in HCS is that forge maps have had some lag problems over the past few months unless they are super bare-bones. I really don't want to see another Onslaught clone in Halo settings, pls. 

Eh...

There is a lot of good maps out there already(well balanced and are pretty). Issue with them in HCS is that forge maps have had some lag problems over the past few months unless they are super bare-bones. I really don't want to see another Onslaught clone in Halo settings, pls. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/ConfidentCredulousDunlinBloodTrail

I do agree but we needs some new maps just as a breath of fresh air into the scene, to be this fair into the games life and have no new maps is crazy

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah I want to see some sort of objective (but not just a neutrel flag cuz thats boring lol) tried out for it. But I think as is it could work.

The whole purpose of extermination is what the name sounds like. Kill the entire enemy team before anyone spawns. If you ad an objective game type it's not extermination anymore. The objective is what the name says.

• Upvote (+1) 1

nV back to the #1 spot already wow the new settings really show snipedowns insane skill!

I would expect nothing less from your new team.

ugh

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I feel like people overrate particular stats (k/d) even when they can literally see all the other, more relevant stats along with k/d.  Royal 2 had the least kills AND the least deaths, and did ~2,000 less damage than anyone else on his team.  Most of his kills were cleanup kills.  Having a higher k/d doesn't make you better than your teammates.  He may be the best player in the game but these stats aren't proof of that ...

He was dropping 38 kills on the Coli Flag game against NV; he basically won that game for them. Also, if you look at his most recent scrim vs Liquid, he had the most damage per death and was by far the most positive.

• Upvote (+1) 2

He was dropping 38 kills on the Coli Flag game against NV; he basically won that game for them. Also, if you look at his most recent scrim vs Liquid, he had the most damage per death and was by far the most positive.

But there is soooooooo much more to the game than that. Honestly, I think Snakebite is the undisputed king and is easily the overall best player in the game. Obj play, decision making, leadership, and pure gunskill he literally does everything his team needs.

Also, didn't Snakebite have the second highest KD last event? While holding forward and just demolishing kids?

• Upvote (+1) 9