CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's suspector backwards so him I guess.

I am an idiot. What happened to el Town on that team?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I am an idiot. What happened to el Town on that team?

Suspector is on crowd pleases. He was on a team with el town for a very short period of time before he left. That team is el town, hamy, prototype and Devon I'm pretty sure
  • Upvote (+1) 2

We haven't had a org nor have got paid from events for such a long time. Cory simply can't afford it

Why didn't you get an org going into worlds? Woulda been easy.

I know im late, but I'm really happy to see that group play is happening for Daytona. A wise man once said, "why keep your star players on the bench in favor of platinum scrubs"?

I anticipate a much better Friday stream, and a faster moving bracket.

Since 343 appears to be in an "incorporate feedback" mode, i wonder if they've got better plans for downtime. That would be the prime time to highlight some top AM teams in the open bracket.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why didn't you get an org going into worlds? Woulda been easy.

Do you honestly think they didn't try?

Plus they got money matches to sponsor them for worlds.

I know im late, but I'm really happy to see that group play is happening for Daytona. A wise man once said, "why keep your star players on the bench in favor of platinum scrubs"?

Since 343 appears to be in an "incorporate feedback" mode, i wonder if they've got better plans for downtime. That would be the prime time to highlight some top AM teams in the open bracket via look ins.

As you've just said people don't really care to watch the am teams outside of the few exceptions and would much prefer to watch the pro groups. Imo they should be doing everything they can to minimize downtime, not shoehorning in Am matches that puts undue strain on the production / casters.

Since 343 appears to be in an "incorporate feedback" mode, i wonder if they've got better plans for downtime. That would be the prime time to highlight some top AM teams in the open bracket.

Read this in my inner Thorin voice, is this one of his quotes lol
  • Upvote (+1) 1

"Frosty is struggling on the new settings"

ZtYn9ji.png

Lowest KD and damage per death on OG Plz learn :kappa:
  • Upvote (+1) 4

As you've just said people don't really care to watch the am teams outside of the few exceptions and would much prefer to watch the pro groups. Imo they should be doing everything they can to minimize downtime, not shoehorning in Am matches that puts undue strain on the production / casters.

Group play means matches will be played on a schedule. There's going to be downtime between pro matches. It's inevitable.

I'm not saying they should "shoehorn" AM matches. I'm saying they should do live look ins and updates from the floor. Iirc the unsactioned UGC did this, and it was very well received.

While few in the Stream are interest in seeing Unknown AM A vs Unknown B, I'm sure people would like to know which top AMs are on a roll, or see the crowd getting hyped around some play Ryanoob made while Pros get ready in the main stage (these are the exceptions your are talking about I'm sure) And I'm sure viewers would rather see these Exceptions rather than commercials.

Group play means matches will be played on a schedule. There's going to be downtime between pro matches. It's inevitable.

I'm not saying they should "shoehorn" AM matches. I'm saying they should do live look ins and updates from the floor. Iirc the unsactioned UGC did this, and it was very well received.

While few in the Stream are interest in seeing Unknown AM A vs Unknown B, I'm sure people would like to know which top AMs are on a roll, or see the crowd getting hyped around some play Ryanoob made while Pros get ready in the main stage (these are the exceptions your are talking about I'm sure) And I'm sure viewers would rather see these Exceptions rather than commercials.

It would be cool to have b stream to essentially be AM stream st that you can see up and comers if you want or can focus on pro players on A stream if you like that better

• Upvote (+1) 1

While few in the Stream are interest in seeing Unknown AM A vs Unknown B, I'm sure people would like to know which AMs are on a roll, or see the crowd getting hyped around some play Ryanoob made while Pros get ready in the main stage. And I'm sure viewers would rather see this stuff than commercials.

We really need to start taking advantage of observer mode for things like this as well. Most people don't want to see AM matches because they tend to be more lopsided and, earlier in the bracket at least, lower quality gameplay. Also TOs don't usually know the AM scene well enough to reliably pick good matches for mainstage (I've had 3 game 5 series at H5 LANs, and none were on stream). Using observer mode we can jump into matches like this mid-series to fill the downtime with what is essentially "The best games of the AM bracket" should please everyone I would think.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would absolutely blow my mind to see ContrA as the odd man out. The dude has a top 3 Magnum shot, couple that with the new settings and you would think he'd be destroying consistently.

I would take Contra over Naded or Falcated. Especially with these new settings. I just can't see why you would scrim without one of your teammates. Makes no sense.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It would be cool to have b stream to essentially be AM stream st that you can see up and comers if you want or can focus on pro players on A stream if you like that better

Yeah that would be cool too.

The way I see it there will be 12 Pro matches on Friday. I imagine they would schedule 1 series per hr.

If they want all Pro Series on main stream, you're looking at 12hr stream. And you'd either have a second stream dedicated to AM or have lookins during downtime between pro series (the second option is probably cheaper/ easier to produce)

If they had a Group A stream and a Group B stream, you're looking at a 6hr stream, any AM action would just be look-ins.

There are a number of ways this could work- and they vary in cost and effort required, but they are all better than what we've had up to this point, thanks to the flexibility provided by having a Group stage.

We really need to start taking advantage of observer mode for things like this as well. Most people don't want to see AM matches because they tend to be more lopsided and, earlier in the bracket at least, lower quality gameplay. Also TOs don't usually know the AM scene well enough to reliably pick good matches for mainstage (I've had 3 game 5 series at H5 LANs, and none were on stream). Using observer mode we can jump into matches like this mid-series to fill the downtime with what is essentially "The best games of the AM bracket" should please everyone I would think.

My thoughts exactly. there's been some good action at every LAN that's been missed purely due to a having bad production schedules and setup.

If EG is set on Naded, not surprised they'd choose Falcated over Contra. Naded & Contra mixed as well as oil and water on WFX. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Actually, before I stop playing. Are there any people on here that do customs of the HCS settings, or are there customs browser HCS customs? I would rather do that than play matchmaking. If not, meh.

My gamertag is in my sig.

He works at 343i, same reason Neighbor, Ghost, etc have it.

Would Chig have a green name if he didn't have Purple?  His only event win was H2A.  Did he have enough top 8s to qualify for green?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Everyone saying Ninja playing excellently also need t0 take a look at Saiyans stats he went hard.

• Upvote (+1) 1