CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Who has the worst pistol?

If were going strictly by when I was tracking number of perfect kills per game.

Season 1 and Season 2 Lunchbox, Cratos, Naded were consistently at the bottom.

But, that stat is up for debate what it means, and it doesn't really constitute best/worst shots. Maybe those players just switched to AR to finish kills more often.

But, figured it was worth posting anyways.

On the flip side, Roy, Snakebite, Stellur, and Contra were consistently at the top both Pro League seasons.

• Upvote (+1) 8

If were going strictly by when I was tracking number of perfect kills per game.

Season 1 and Season 2 Lunchbox, Cratos, Naded were consistently at the bottom.

But, that stat is up for debate what it means, and it doesn't really constitute best/worst shots. Maybe those players just switched to AR to finish kills more often.

But, figured it was worth posting anyways.

On the flip side, Roy, Snakebite, Stellur, and Contra were consistently at the top both Pro League seasons.

Is there a stat for accuracy by weapon?

You can't deny that the public opinion on him here has spun severely in the past few months. Beyond voted him breakout H2A player despite having the lowest average placings of the nominees and now we roast him every time he tweets.

Public perception has changed because of HIS ACTIONS.

He hasn't progressed like people believed he would.

He has a public meltdown at least once a month.

Has made ridiculous statements such as college is a scam.

Has a few times ridiculed viewers/subscribers when they critique his gameplay.

Edit/elaboration

The public meltdowns are in my opinion the main reason for this shift.

You can only harbor sympathy from people for so long. Eventually you have to look at yourself and ask why aren't things going right?

Which I really feel like spartan must do at some point, for instance why isn't he earning much money now, 

Well he virtually got himself kicked off team liquid, for preemptively and publicly criticizing his team mates for a perceived team change, the change was not definitive it was just a possibility but after spartan reacted the way he did he got dropped. He then ended up on allegiance and not making worlds. 

This was entirely his own doing and perfectly sums up spartan. People should have no sympathy for that situation as it was entirely his own doing.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Public perception has changed because of HIS ACTIONS.

He hasn't progressed like people believed he would.

He has a public meltdown at least once a month.

Has made ridiculous statements such as college is a scam.

Has a few times ridiculed viewers/subscribers when they critique his gameplay.

for me it was when he took to twitter to trash his teammates. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I love how quickly Beyond turned on Spartan after being all over his shit for a year. :laughing:

He "deserves better"

You can't deny that the public opinion on him here has spun severely in the past few months. Beyond voted him breakout H2A player despite having the lowest average placings of the nominees and now we roast him every time he tweets.

I can't speak for anybody else and I don't vote in polls or the like but it's probably because back in h2a he was destroying and nobody had realised he's a needy 13 year old girl yet.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I love how quickly Beyond turned on Spartan after being all over his shit for a year. :laughing:

I've always thought he had the talent to go big, but as soon as I followed him on Twitter I saw the only barrier to his success was himself.

• Upvote (+1) 5

that moment when Spartan realizes he hasn't begged for attention in 24 hours

hIZFQqI.gif

He comes by it honestly. Have you seen some of his dads tweets? The apple sure didnt fall far from the tree.

• Upvote (+1) 5

This was entirely his own doing and perfectly sums up spartan. People should have no sympathy for that situation as it was entirely his own doing.

You know you can have sympathy for someone who fucked up entirely on his own. He has acknowledged he is an asshole every once in a while and tries to change that. Obviously he should try harder. But he has not hurt anyone but himself. I definitely feel for him. He has some great talent and when he is in control of his attitude he seems like a great guy. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Who was in the running for H2A breakout player aside from Sparty?

Contra: 72 votes - or 22%

Spartan: 174 votes or 53%

Randa: 81 votes or 25%

Noteworthy that the pro's gave the award to Randa but the community gave their votes to spartan.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You know you can have sympathy for someone who fucked up entirely on his own. He has acknowledged he is an asshole every once in a while and tries to change that. Obviously he should try harder. But he has not hurt anyone but himself. I definitely feel for him. He has some great talent and when he is in control of his attitude he seems like a great guy. 

This was only one occasion, this happens on a monthly basis with varying degrees of emo, which is why I stated that spartan can only harbor the community's sympathy for so long.

At the end of the day, actions speak louder than words and spartan's breakdown's have not dimished.

Like @@wow posted, spartan has the skill of a top ten player, but he is his own greatest obstacle. 

If he would cut the emo bullshit, and just focus on halo and entertaining his viewers then the community would rally behind him once more. But he has to cut out this emo shit.

Noteworthy that the pro's gave the award to Randa but the community gave their votes to spartan.

To be fair, Spartan has achieved the most since then out of those 3. So I guess we were right.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

To be fair, Spartan has achieved the most since then out of those 3. So I guess we were right.

Is that not contra?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Kinda surprised Frosty didn't make the list, I guess he didn't do that much outside of placing top 8

Like @@wow posted, spartan has the skill of a top ten player, but he is greatest obstacle. 

I could not care less about his personality but this is just so untrue ... Spartan got a few flashy snipes on an ESL stream and everyone lost their minds.  He is not remotely close to a top 10 player.  Maybe top 20.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I could not care less about his personality but this is just so untrue ... Spartan got a few flashy snipes on an ESL stream and everyone lost their minds.  He is not remotely close to a top 10 player.  Maybe top 20.

I agree, top 10 means you take him over two of the Optic nV TL guys

Slight exaggeration on my part but I was just trying to emphasize the fact that most do not question his skill. 

Is that not contra?

I guess yeah. I thought Contra was at both relegations, but they both had one.