CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

"i liked titanfall. we need mechs too!"

"Don't forget about grappling hook"

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mass effect Andromeda, fallout, batman Arkham knight...

It really is becoming more and more common. :/

Unfortunately this is the road AAA games have been going down for quite a few years now. Most releases from big name publishers are either completely broken or void of any soul or creativity. Outside of indie titles and japanese games, what is worth playing these days?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/project-scorpio-critical-for-microsofts-games-to-b/1100-6448980/

As much as we've been told otherwise, I don't think we should count H3A out of a possible E3 reveal. Such a claim from Spencer sounds very promising.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/phil-spencer-confirms-no-new-halo-fps-game-for-2017-teases-scorpio-s-graphics-3451342

"It's going to be an interesting year for us because we don't have Gears, we don't have a Halo first-person shooter game."

3rd person Halo confirmed. Kappa

• Upvote (+1) 1

From the legend himself...

islands-of-nyne-2.jpg?resize=585%2C235

Rip MCC. Ruined the day off I took.

This is out of left park, but I wonder if 343i picked ESL because they wouldn't want to change their settings? They know MLG has a history of changing the base game and that scared them.

You member the MLG playlists of old? I member. It's almost as if 343 didn't want to offend anyone by having a separate playlist off the get-go for Pro settings. Either that or they are afraid of the turnout and didn't want to spread the population too thin.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thrust and sprint are solid contributors to the constant escape from gunfights. Players not being punished for their mistakes is not fun in my eyes.

and while I disagree I can respect where that's coming from. But I would like it if we waited to cull one of the few new things that might be of merit for the sake of "classic" halo. Let's start with what we generally agree is bad, like nade hitmarkers, AR starts and radar.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It's not gunna happen.

That more likely means they're going to have Scorpio patches for their current games.

Agreed. I think something is coming for Halo 5 though it most likely won't be E3 news. Content drop, H3 update or 4K patch...

Rip MCC. Ruined the day off I took.

You member the MLG playlists of old? I member. It's almost as if 343 didn't want to offend anyone by having a separate playlist off the get-go for Pro settings. Either that or they are afraid of the turnout and didn't want to spread the population too thin.

I would be worried about turnout and population retention if I released a game half finsihed, devoid of key features/content and with an abysmal campaign as well.

Even if they were to announce H3A, does anyone actually think they would do a decent job? H2A's campaign was beautiful but the multiplayer looked awful, the shooting was so easy and there were only 3 playable maps. 

I'd be more worried about that than if they just fixed the settings on this game. 

Even if they were to announce H3A, does anyone actually think they would do a decent job? H2A's campaign was beautiful but the multiplayer looked awful, the shooting was so easy and there were only 3 playable maps. 

I'd be more worried about that than if they just fixed the settings on this game. 

What?

How did it only have 3 playable maps? The multiplayer had some gorgeous map design, Shrine especially looked really good. 

Also it wasn't like Halo 2 didn't have easy shooting as well.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I mean part of that was that H2A multiplayer was a small part of MCC rather than a standalone game. Easy shooting was kind of a hallmark of the game they were attempting to recreate too. Really H3A could just simply be an upgrade to graphics and it would probably dumpster anything 343 has released as long as it brought the entire feature set of H3 with it as sad as that sounds we haven't really made much progress since 07. I mean really whats better now? Forge? A couple of options for custom games that we're disallowed from using anyways these days? Perhaps Strongholds? That's about it for 10 years.

and while I disagree I can respect where that's coming from. But I would like it if we waited to cull one of the few new things that might be of merit for the sake of "classic" halo. Let's start with what we generally agree is bad, like nade hitmarkers, AR starts and radar.

Then again, classic halo was never given a chance to truly die off after 3, and none of the current Spartan abilities are truly necessary to enhance the movement. People should be giving that a chance more so than advanced movement that is dying off, even in CoD.

The lack of development in H2A was probably because of the other 3 games that took priority too. There were 6 total H2A maps in TMCC, btw.

What?

How did it only have 3 playable maps? The multiplayer had some gorgeous map design, Shrine especially looked really good. 

3 maps as in competitive, unless you count Relic with Dan Anouyb.

but yea good looking maps for sure, not sure what's with that comment

Halo-2-Anniversary-Sanctuary-Gameplay-4.

What?

Only three of the six (or seven) were used for HCS.

I would be worried about turnout and population retention if I released a game half finsihed, devoid of key features/content and with an abysmal campaign as well.

Remembers they took away the ability to split screen, eliminating so many experiences with friends or siblings.

Remembers they took away the ability to split screen, eliminating so many experiences with friends or siblings.

I really wish I could have been a fly on the wall at 343 these last 7 years. They were given the golden ticket... and then used it as toilet paper.

• Upvote (+1) 1