CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Clearly I need @@NavG123 to give me 1vs1 lessons to improve my gun skill.

OT but I matched @@NavG123 earlier today and when the game started it was 3v4 but one of his teammates left seconds after and well...

zqa6uQY.png

I think this proves he's a 1v1 kid  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Are people quitting more in the HCS summer preview than in other playlists? I feel like there are 3v4s every second game after some leaves within the first minutes.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I kind of love the new layout for the x1 home screen. I like that the DVR is built in, and beam is too. You don't even have to create an account either, it uses your gamertag as the profile which is cool.

Needler isn't an auto :kappa:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/GunRanger/video/29696198

Can't believe strongside was so surprised when huke got a kill, like the needler is weak. He works on the damn game lmao

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everything about maniacs game play was below average including his shot. He remained a pro solely because of connections.

That's sounds like the bitterness of a man who was never good enough to form any connections.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Installation 01 looks incredible. 

They've really managed to capture the aesthetic that Bungie gave us. It would be funny if it became bigger than 343's vision, especially since it will be free to play.

There's another free to play Halo coming soon also, looks just as promising. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2G87CXvpe0

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They've really managed to capture the aesthetic that Bungie gave us. It would be funny if it became bigger than 343's vision, especially since it will be free to play.

It probably won't last long enough to come close. I can see all of them getting C&D's in the near future, honestly.

• Upvote (+1) 8

2 days ago

"I've never made any money playing this game"

Today

"Maniac was never any good, he was only pro cause of his connections"

So if maniac isn't any good what does that make you?

Honestly, if any of us can criticize pros, why am players cant ?

Maniac played like shit and also didnt give a shit before he retired. There might have been a glimpse of hope after Heinz, Apg and Ace formed, but that was it.

We should not forget about how old optic was the most underpractised team in league. Maniac was top H2A player at one point and it was his choice to  focuse on other things later down the road after he joined Optic. He was good enough to stick to top 8 after that for long time but I don't think that is something we should praise him for.

• Upvote (+1) 6

didnt give a shit he retired.

What do you mean by that? Just curious because I remember the Vision where he retired/OG picked up CLG and it was clear he was very upset.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It probably won't last long enough to come close. I can see all of them getting C&D's in the near future, honestly.

Looking at Microsoft's game content usage rules, there's no reason these should get shut down... they appear to be doing everything by the book

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maniac played like shit and also didnt give a shit before he retired. There might have been a glimpse of hope after Heinz, Apg and Ace formed, but that was it.

We should not forget about how old optic was the most underpractised team in league. Maniac was top H2A player at one point and it was his choice to focuse on other things later down the road after he joined Optic. He was good enough to stick to top 8 after that for long time but I don't think that is something we should praise him for.

I'm not saying he's wrong, and he is 100% free to criticize but it's especially ironic when you're calling someone bad who you can't pass up

• Upvote (+1) 3

What do you mean by that? Just curious because I remember the Vision where he retired/OG picked up CLG and it was clear he was very upset.

He was slacking for a very long time before he retired. Team house is something that pushes your team forward (currert optic), not the other way around.

Flamesword, Maniac, Formal, & one other could be on it

I didn't think flamesword should have retired in the first place, it's nice to see him enjoying the game

Formal isn't coming back to Halo anytime soon. That pipe dream has to die. He's way too successful, literally the top pro (in my opinion and a lot of others') in IW and Halo 5 has very little money to be made unless you're getting top 2 or 3.

Maniac won't touch H5 with a 10 ft pole.

That said, his shot was still good when he retired. His problem was map movement and adjusting to the new sandbox. 

Another reason why that team won't be happening. Good call.

We should not forget about how old optic was the most underpractised team in league. Maniac was top H2A player at one point and it was his choice to  focuse on other things later down the road after he joined Optic. He was good enough to stick to top 8 after that for long time but I don't think that is something we should praise him for.

I don't think that's true at all. They got criticized a lot (and rightly so) for vacationing when they could've been grinding but I don't believe it was because they didn't care.  He was definitely a great H2A player, but I'd still consider him a good Halo 5 player, just not one of the top pros.

EDIT: Contingency and Installation 01 looks so great and it will be so fun to have a Halo PC game to play again. I love that they are going to be F2P too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo is a team sport. Clearly their were AMs who were individually better than maniac. But their TEAMS weren't better than LoL.

He was clearly 'carried' by the rest of his squad as evidenced by their massive improvement when he left.

The idea that an individual must have been worse than maniac because he was outplaced by Maniac's team is silly.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Halo is a team sport. Clearly their were AMs who were individually better than maniac. But their TEAMS weren't better than LoL.

He was clearly 'carried' by the rest of his squad as evidenced by their massive improvement when he left.

The idea that an individual must have been worse than maniac because he was outplaced by Maniac's team is silly.

That's also potentially taking away from any improvements and/or hard work those players put in after Maniac left though too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All of these fangames seem to be following Halo 3 so closely, when that's probably the most ill-suited Halo game for a PC port. It's so slow and floaty and it seems that none of these devs are making any changes to adapt the weapons and gameplay to be played with a mouse.

• Upvote (+1) 6

That's also potentially taking away from any improvements and/or hard work those players put in after Maniac left though too.

Not really. I'm mean, are we saying they weren't trying to improve while he was there?

His departure allowed them to improve bevause he was holding them back.

He was clearly the weak link on that team, which was the worst team in the league, by far. Is it that hard to believe he wasnt top32, but had some top teammates? It seems obvious.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Maniac would have been a better player had the game been more enjoyable to play. Its significantly better now so i would love to see him grind the HCS list for a bit and compete just for fun.

I like the guy and would rather see him compete and have fun with it but place "meh" than place well and hate it the whole time.

if you celebrate it, happy easter beyond

IT'S HAPPY HOLIDAYS NOT HAPPY EASTER

WHAT ABOUT THOSE WHO CELEBRATE THE PAGAN HOLIDAY OF OSTARA, UPON WHICH EASTER IS BASED?

Wait what do you mean Ostara was almost a month ago?

It's based off a rigid "wheel of the year" Calendar cycle, not based off the moon phases like Easter and exclusively takes place on the Spring Equinox?

That's stupid.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 12