CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think 15 shots should be plenty. It makes it so that you have just enough shots to hit 3 perfects.

Smaller Changes

-Increase pistol magazine capacity to 15 shots

-Increase pistol starting ammo

-Remove rifles from the map

-Increase plasma pistol respawn time

-Increase player respawn time to 10 seconds on OBJ gametypes

Larger Changes

-Remove splash radius hitmarkers (grenades/rockets/etc), you must hit the player in order to produce a hitmarker

-Remove sprint

-Increase base movespeed to 110%

-Allow sliding after a thrust (no sprint)

-Remove radar

-Bring back oddball (ball throwing distance same as current flag throwing distance)

-Fix heavy aim

yes, 15 could be the sweet spot for pistol ammo long term, but that may be more complicated because it would also require UI changes to the pistol.

I was just thinking the 18 bullet extended mag pistol, may be an easy way to solve or test it for now.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think 15 shots should be plenty. It makes it so that you have just enough shots to hit 3 perfects.

Smaller Changes

-Increase pistol magazine capacity to 15 shots

-Increase pistol starting ammo

Larger Changes

-Fix heavy aim

This will sound silly, but I don't think they will change the pistol ammo to an uneven number like 15. Because it wouldn't be symmetry in their ammo count HUD. With one row having a bullet more than the other. But yes they should increase the ammo. I like the comparison someone did to older games.

Maybe they should just go with extended mags. That way it won't look weird in the lore if they just randomly change the pistol ammo as it's supposed the replicate the old H1 pistol with the same amount of bullets? Just thinking how 343i would think about it.

After they have finalised the settings (or hopefully at the same time with another team) their biggest priority should be to fix Heavy aim!

Edit: lol had the same idea as @@Haemorrhage above me :p

Yes but bottom two pro teams get the first two seeds in the open.

What I want to know is how the EU teams figure into this. Pro league finals is only 8 teams. (6seeds + 2 open) how could they go to dreamhackk?

Where are we getting this EU teams going to Dreamhack thing from?

Where are we getting this EU teams going to Dreamhack thing from?

Chalkie I guess. You know, that guy who changed teams mid-pro league match.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Chalkie I guess. You know, that guy who changed teams mid-pro league match.

Lol what? I only started watching HCS in the fall season this past year so I'm legitimately confused.

Lol what? I only started watching HCS in the fall season this past year so I'm legitimately confused.

I think their team was getting stomped with no chance of winning and Chalkie ended up switching to like Cyan team during a streamed match.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think their team was getting stomped with no chance of winning and Chalkie ended up switching to like Cyan team during a streamed match.

According to the meme codex, this is where lul EU halo goes I guess.

On topic: Are we sure there's no EU lan? Do we know if European teams can go through the open at Dreamhack?

Doesn't work only because the world didn't end and 4.5 years later from the verge of extinction, because of 343 quality writing, humanity supposedly has limitless resources, rebuilt everything and is now the galactic superpower. With hundreds of new recruit Spartans who can parkour down snowbanks and take out 50 elites with acrobatic knifekills and spartan charge ghosts into exploding.

It is a big mistake by 343 not to do a Halo 3 Anniversary though,the campaign would be perfect to showpiece Scorpio having a 4K/60FPS version. I was hoping we could have had a remastered E3 reveal trailer with Blur quality cinematics for when the Ark opens and Chief overlooking the Covenant. For MP, pick 10-12 of the best H3 maps, fully remade with the H5 engine.

• Upvote (+1) 2

the EU teams might get top open bracket seeds

Why? The open bracket serves as NA relegation. All they would do is make things a mess

How is it a bad idea to survey your followers and see what games they'd like the org to get into?

Because of how easy it is to "brigade" these polls and give a result which may be wildly inaccurate.

Example: Lethul being voted the top e-Sport pro or whatever.

Listen, I like Lethul. But there are much hotter e-Sport pros out there

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah, it was in the relegation matches of the first season I think? Zhuh and quadios team were beating them on a Truth Slayer game when he switched teams. But chalkies team still won the series like 3-2 (or 4-3) and stayed in Pro league. Twitch chat (and this forum to some degree)wanted them DQ'd for the unprofessionalism.

Yeah, it was in the relegation matches of the first season I think? Zhuh and quadios team were beating them on a Truth Slayer game when he switched teams. But chalkies team still won the series like 3-2 (or 4-3) and stayed in Pro league. Twitch chat (and this forum to some degree)wanted them DQ'd for the unprofessionalism.

Chalkie's team lost that series but beat them in the losers final and relegated them

It didn't end up mattering as the team simply disbanded before Worlds season anyway

yeah that series was rough, they were just betraying each other as well just to take away the other teams win.

Chalkie's team lost that series but beat them in the losers final and relegated them

It didn't end up mattering as the team simply disbanded before Worlds season anyway

I'm pretty sure the team switch did occur in the losers finals where chalkies team won. I might be wrong though.

Ogre 2 said something about streaming a Halo 1:CE Lan today on his channel. Does anyone have an info on when this Lan starts and who else went?